An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey all you mothers

Lil Red

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1107886' date='Nov 1 2006, 05:52 PM']
Yep
when you become obviously pregnant you are community property.

I was offended for a long time. Then I thought about the awe I felt when I first put my hand on someone's belly and the incredible rush when I first touched such a new life, and I could see that it can be a moving and grace -filled moment for many people. Then I didn't mind quite so much. :)
[/quote]

Thats a good way of looking at it. I'm such an impatient person, though, it will tough to practice! I don't mind people feeling my belly when the baby is kicking alot and I invite them to. But, when there's nothing going on and they just reach and pat at me, I find that irksome. I've invited my aunt (and others) to feel when there are actual kicks and movements, because it IS one of those awe-filled moments... I guess I just don't like being community proprety. :mellow:

so i have to buy a maternity winter jacket - the really nice Columbia one i'm wearing will not hold me much longer. does anyone know of any websites that might have one?

IcePrincessKRS

Check out the Gap and Old Navy maternity sites (you can get there pretty easily from their main pages, as I recall)... Motherhood maternity, too.

Birgitta Noel

LR, you look fantabulous, seriously! My first thought seeing the photo was how beautiful you looked! Thanks for keeping us all in the loop.

franciscanheart

i thought yall were mad when the baby was kicking! :o i was sad because i love feeling babies kick, especially friends' babies! :)

i think i've only ever touched one person's belly when her baby wasn't kicking but that was my mom and i was talking to my siblings! :lol:

i felt baby hiccups a few weeks ago too. :love: they were fun! ^_^

Lil Red you're a very gorgeous Mum with a lovely bump! :)

I feel like my bump is public property at the moment, complete strangers have come up and asked to feel baby kick or just to say hi to baby. But at least they ask first. I think it's kinda sweet, bless them all. :lol:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='misereremi' post='1109654' date='Nov 3 2006, 02:06 AM']
Lil Red you're a very gorgeous Mum with a lovely bump! :)

I feel like my bump is public property at the moment, complete strangers have come up and asked to feel baby kick or just to say hi to baby. But at least they ask first. I think it's kinda sweet, bless them all. :lol:
[/quote]

At least they ask! :) When I was preg. with Genevieve we went to McDonalds one time and the girl behind the counter just reached over and began patting me. I was not a very satisfied customer that night. lol It wouldn't bother me so much if they asked, and I might even let them, its the non-asking-grabbers that annoy me. <_<

exactly - the people who just assume they can. which, btw, something happened at Mass that has wholly bothered me. i went to Mass with my youth group on wednesday night, and unfortunately, i wasn't in the line for communion that the priest was stationed at. the line that i was in, had an EMHC. so i receive on the tongue (as i normally do) and as i start to turn away, the EMHC blesses my belly! :maddest: i understand what she was trying to do, but seriously, please don't.