An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey all you mothers

Lil Red

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1107730' date='Nov 1 2006, 04:46 PM']
somedays i feel absolutely like a beached whale. how do you make yourself feel pretty when you feel so huge? :think:
[/quote]

I don't think you can. I never feel pretty... I feel nice, but not pretty. If that makes sense...

yeah, but how can i help me feel better about myself? :think: does that sentence make any sense? :lol:

in a couple of weeks i'm getting my legs waxed - since i can't reach them to shave them any more :D:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1107765' date='Nov 1 2006, 01:57 PM']I don't think you can. I never feel pretty... I feel nice, but not pretty. If that makes sense...[/quote]yeah, some days i feel very much the schlub, ya know? :disguise:

IcePrincessKRS

Oh yes, I definately do know. lol

The self-esteem thing.... I think husbands have a huge role in that. It really helps to know that Matt still thinks I'm sexy even when I feel gross and am barely able to drag myself out of bed much less function throughout the day... granted its been a little harder this time around :lol: but somehow he still manages to convey how much he loves me and misses me that its been enough.

yeah, it was really nice the other night when hubby decided to paint my toenails for me. it was so sweet and was so nice! :D:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1101008' date='Oct 25 2006, 03:43 PM']
advice needed. has anyone else hit the point where you are just sick of people commenting on your belly? my pet peeve is people saying "Boy, you're getting quite a belly on you, huh?" :maddest: seriously, i just want to :boxer: in the face. like, what do you expect people? i'm almost 6 months along!! :maddest:
[/quote]
Hate to tell you, but that is only going to get worse. As you get closer to your due date, people will start rubbing and patting your belly...

the thing I hate most is "You haven't had that baby YET?"

:annoyed: "NO! Now, go away and quit touching me before I rip your head clean off!!!!"

[quote name='Balthazor' post='1107831' date='Nov 1 2006, 02:29 PM']Belated congrats to the cutest mommy to be I have ever seen.[/quote]thanks :D:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1107840' date='Nov 1 2006, 02:33 PM']Hate to tell you, but that is only going to get worse. As you get closer to your due date, people will start rubbing and patting your belly...

the thing I hate most is "You haven't had that baby YET?"

:annoyed: "NO! Now, go away and quit touching me before I rip your head clean off!!!!"
[/quote]now see, that's exactly how i feel. <_< it's just gross having people touching my belly. and i'm too nice (in person :P:) to tell them just exactly how i feel about them touching me.

homeschoolmom

[img]http://www.tummywear.org/prodimages/pleasedonttouch.mdl.large.jpg[/img]

This one says, "Touch my belly and die!"
[img]http://www.geeklabel.com/totlabel/thumbnails/tot051-040102.jpg[/img]

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1107843' date='Nov 1 2006, 05:35 PM']

now see, that's exactly how i feel. <_< it's just gross having people touching my belly. and i'm too nice (in person :P:) to tell them just exactly how i feel about them touching me.
[/quote]

LOL Me, too! A couple of times I've managed to escape the hands of people I know... but how do you tell your aunt, whom you love dearly and is always very generous to your kids "Get your *bleep* hands off me? Please?"

HSMom that shirt is hilarious! I saw one the other day, I think it was at Wal Mart, that said "You're bothering us." lol

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1107847' date='Nov 1 2006, 02:39 PM']This one says, "Touch my belly and die!"
[img]http://www.geeklabel.com/totlabel/thumbnails/tot051-040102.jpg[/img][/quote]:lol: i love it!!!

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1107857' date='Nov 1 2006, 02:39 PM']LOL Me, too! A couple of times I've managed to escape the hands of people I know... but how do you tell your aunt, whom you love dearly and is always very generous to your kids "Get your *bleep* hands off me? Please?" [/quote]i know :ohno: i hate to offend people. i did tell someone (who frequents the bar/bowling alley my hubby's dad owns) to please not touch my belly. i felt comfortable doing so because 1. i don't really know her and 2. i didn't care if i offended her. and she was offended! :rolleyes: stoopidheads

IcePrincessKRS

Yeah, one time an acquaintance of ours (friends with one of Matt's friends) tried to touch my belly, I swerved my body away and just said "Sorry, I don't let boys touch my belly." He looked totally stunned.

cmotherofpirl

Yep
when you become obviously pregnant you are community property.

I was offended for a long time. Then I thought about the awe I felt when I first put my hand on someone's belly and the incredible rush when I first touched such a new life, and I could see that it can be a moving and grace -filled moment for many people. Then I didn't mind quite so much. :)