An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey all you mothers

Lil Red

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='prose' post='1034757' date='Jul 31 2006, 11:19 AM']

I am so lucky that I never had sickness with Anna or Michayla. I was sick for about an hour with Michayla, but that was it.

[/quote]

I don't like you anymore, Prose. :P:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1034765' date='Jul 31 2006, 11:34 AM']
sickness comes and goes. :( everyone keeps telling me it will get better in the 4 month, and i really hope that's true. i really don't want to be sick the entire time. that would really stink.

plus i'm really stressed out right now - 10 year reunion this coming weekend and i'm trying to get the slideshow done, and i don't know how to do it. plus work stuff is stressful and none of the stress is helping me feel better. *sigh*
[/quote]

I'm beginning to feel better, I'm at week 14. I still get gaggy but not nearly as sickish or nauseas as before (I've only really been sick like once in the past week and a half or more, knock on wood, thank you St. Gerard. :) ). It will pass, eventually, even if it doesn't seem that way right now.

Sorry you're feeling so stressed, if I had a mac I'd help!

MissScripture

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1034765' date='Jul 31 2006, 10:34 AM']
sickness comes and goes. :( everyone keeps telling me it will get better in the 4 month, and i really hope that's true. i really don't want to be sick the entire time. that would really stink.

plus i'm really stressed out right now - 10 year reunion this coming weekend and i'm trying to get the slideshow done, and i don't know how to do it. plus work stuff is stressful and none of the stress is helping me feel better. *sigh*
[/quote]
:console:
I heard somewhere that smiling is a counter to gagging...but I have yet to figure out how you're supposed to smile when you feel like gagging...

I hope your stress lessens. Stress is never fun, I imagine it would make things so much worse right now!

missionseeker

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1034749' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:56 AM']
i found them this weekend! :D: they are very helpful!
those sound good, you should send me the recipe! :D:

my hubby is making me apple crisp tonight! :woot: i've been craving it for weeks. :topsy:

in other news, i have a chiropractic appt tomorrow (supposed to be today, but the dr.'s wife had her baby over the weekend). then, my next midwife appt is next saturday. :D:
[/quote]

will do as soon as I find it and 'll look for it tomorrow (I know [i]where[/i] it is but it's where we keep all of the recipes we have that aren't in boks lol)

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1034997' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:00 PM']
:console:
I heard somewhere that smiling is a counter to gagging...but I have yet to figure out how you're supposed to smile when you feel like gagging...
[/quote]

Hmmm... that doesn't seem to work for me. lol Big gulps of water do, though.

IcePrincessKRS

Awesome! :) Glad you (or at least your back) are feeling better. When I was preg. with the girls Matt gave me back massages every day.

Wow...TWO babies coming, yours and KMSssssssssss's.

Redhead, I am so happy for you! And an empathetic happiness... the nausea can be quite trying (I lived on Coke classic for more than one trimester and I am a health food nut). Ginger is supposed to be awesome.

So glad to hear of the chiro appts. It makes such a difference to be adjusted. My LC (little chiropractor) adjusted the table so I could always lay on my stomach...big help and sweet relief. Don't know if all chiropractors do this.

Red (if you remember), a nurse told me at the last PG, when I began getting false labor at 40 weeks, that not drinking enough water can make the uterus contract unnecesarily...I cannot recall the whole explanation but it immediately made sense at the time. She said "you've been through this before and it serves no purpose but to tire you out. Drink water!"

I increased water to a good 8 glassess per day. She was right: the contactions stopped and I had very little til real labor.

Everyone's different - with me, I was usually at least 10 days "late" with baby. And had thus spent literally days w/ contactions which maybe could've been prevented by upping water.

And Congrats, Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really something, Flowery graduating from college, Red with her first PG, and KMS with her (third???). Everyone's growing up. What a privilege to see. :)

IcePrincessKRS

Donna! :love: Its so good to see you! I had been thinking about you quite a bit lately, wondered how you were doing. (Thank you. :) Yes, this is our third.)

Donna! good to see you! thanks for advice...i've been trying to drink a lot of water, especially since it's been really hot here.

my next mid-wife appt is this saturday, so i better start thinking of those questions i ask myself in the middle of the night! :hehe:

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1034782' date='Jul 31 2006, 10:03 AM']
I don't like you anymore, Prose. :P:
[/quote]

Hey!

I made up for the lack of sickness in labor!! lol

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='prose' post='1039032' date='Aug 7 2006, 11:35 AM']
Hey!

I made up for the lack of sickness in labor!! lol
[/quote]

This is true... I guess I can't hold it against you. :)

[quote].i've been trying to drink a lot of water, especially since it's been really hot here.

my next mid-wife appt is this saturday, so i better start thinking of those questions i ask myself in the middle of the night! hehe.gif[/quote]

Who would have thought that drinking water would have been such a difficult thing to do, right? lol I carry a water bottle around with me 24-7 and I still don't think I drink enough. Drinking enough water helps reduce your headaches during pregnancy, too (one of my midwives advised me of that), and keeps your swelling minimal (apparently when you don't drink enough your body begins to store more water and that leads to swelling)... probably not an issue at this stage, but always good to keep in mind. :)

Good luck with the appointment! Were you able to hear the baby's heartbeat last time? I am sure you will this time... its just one of the most amazing sounds in the world. I know when I heard our baby's heart at my first appointment I was just beaming the second the doc picked it up on the doppler. For me it makes everything so amazingly real... its like, you know you're pregnant but somehow at that moment reality hits, and its AWESOME. :)

missionseeker

4 and one half cups all purpose flour
4 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. baking soda
1 & 1/2 tsp. gound cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves ( I always use allspice because we never have cloves)
1/4 tsp. salt
1&1/2 cups of shortening
2 cups of (granulated) sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
3/4 cup coarse or gran. sugar.

Mix together the flour, ginger, soda,cloves, cinnamon, and salt. Set it aside

Beat the shortening until softened, gradually add the 2 cups of sugar beat it untill it's fluffy. :boink:
Add the eggs and molasses; beat well
Add half of the flour mixture and beat untill combined. The rest of the flour you'll have to do with a wooden spoon.

Then scoop them and roll them into a ball and roll them in the other sugar.

My mom said she never put peanut butter in them but she did put pumpkin in but she doesn't know hpw much I guess you'd put it in with the eggs and molasses and add a little more flour.

They bake at 350 for (the recipe says) 10 to 12 mins.

Sorry it took so long they are yummy, though.