Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted
:lol_roll: thanks, hsmom!
Posted

So... Anything new?

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

I just found another nausea/gag soother! :D: You know Ice Breakers mints? They make a sour fruit flavored variety, and not only are they YUMMY, but they soothe my gag reflex instantly. Kudos to Ice Breakers! :)

Posted

This site should help:

[url="http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/ginger.html"]http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/ginger.html[/url]

Fides_et_Ratio
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1033774' date='Jul 29 2006, 06:38 PM']
I just found another nausea/gag soother! :D: You know Ice Breakers mints? They make a sour fruit flavored variety, and not only are they YUMMY, but they soothe my gag reflex instantly. Kudos to Ice Breakers! :)
[/quote]
I can vouch for their yummyness... they are my new favorite candy.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Yeah, my problem is my kids think that they're just as yummy as I do...

missionseeker
Posted

I have a recipe for ginger cookies that my mother add some peanut butter and pumpkin (like the canned stuff) to that she says helps.

They are uber yummy too.

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1033774' date='Jul 29 2006, 04:38 PM']I just found another nausea/gag soother! :D: You know Ice Breakers mints? They make a sour fruit flavored variety, and not only are they YUMMY, but they soothe my gag reflex instantly. Kudos to Ice Breakers! :)[/quote]i found them this weekend! :D: they are very helpful!
[quote name='missionseeker' post='1033915' date='Jul 29 2006, 09:40 PM']I have a recipe for ginger cookies that my mother add some peanut butter and pumpkin (like the canned stuff) to that she says helps. They are uber yummy too[/quote]those sound good, you should send me the recipe! :D:

my hubby is making me apple crisp tonight! :woot: i've been craving it for weeks. :topsy:

in other news, i have a chiropractic appt tomorrow (supposed to be today, but the dr.'s wife had her baby over the weekend). then, my next midwife appt is next saturday. :D:

Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1032095' date='Jul 27 2006, 01:25 PM']
prose, is your keyboard broken or stuck?
[/quote]

yeah, my keyboard has been acting up for a while... :blush:

How are you feeling? Better at all?

I am so lucky that I never had sickness with Anna or Michayla. I was sick for about an hour with Michayla, but that was it.

I am excited and nervous for you all at once!!

Posted (edited)

[quote] My niece by marriage was going to deliver with a midwife. She went into labor and labored all night at home without the midwife. In the AM she was 3 cm--she had gotten nowhere. They went to a hospital, had her membranes ruptured, a pitocin drip and epidural, and she stilll labored 12 more hours, finally delivering a 5.5 lb baby! She now likes to brag about her '47 hour' labor, largely brought on by herself. If she had been in a hospital with an obstetrician, her failure to progress and intervention would have been diagnosed a lot faster, with much less pain for herself. But my 6'1" niece delivered her first baby, weighing 9 lbs. at home in 3 hours! You can never tell, but you want to be in the best possilbe position to head off any complication for baby and mother and undue suffering for the mother. More people are like niece #1 than like niece #2.[/quote]

Woah!

That really isn't true. I was induced [i]in a hospital[/i] with my first one, and I labored for hours 48 hours (Monday morning to Wednesday mornining with contractions 2 minutes apart) without an epidural-although I was continually asking for one. I was 3 centimetres the entire time. Then they finally gave me one, and I still was in labor until about midnight. I didn't even START dilating further until something ridiculous like 10pm at night on Wednesday. In fact, my water broke almost 24 hours before I delivered (which is dangerous), and the doctors STILL couldn't speed up the process. So, I don't see how being at the hospital would "speed up" the labor. (she weighted 7lbs 3 oz)

With the second one, I was also in the hospital. Was induced at 9:30am on a Saturday, and labored two minutes apart (intense labor) until 5:30, when someone finally mercifully allowed me to have an epidural (even though it only worked on half of my body), but then I still was in labor until 2 in the morning before I FINALLY delivered. (She was 9lbs 9oz)

I personally know many women who have delivered at home. They had great experiences. That is WHY you hire a midwife, to help you through the process and to identify early if intervention is needed and to encourage you to get to a hospital. One person we know had her midwife insist she deliver in the hospital due to the position of the baby. [i]That is why you pay money and hire a midwife!![/i]

As for your niece. She has every right to brag about her 47 hour labor. That smells of elderberries to be in labor that long. Whether or not you believe that the medical staff could have sped up the process or not.

Edited by prose
Posted

sickness comes and goes. :( everyone keeps telling me it will get better in the 4 month, and i really hope that's true. i really don't want to be sick the entire time. that would really stink.

plus i'm really stressed out right now - 10 year reunion this coming weekend and i'm trying to get the slideshow done, and i don't know how to do it. plus work stuff is stressful and none of the stress is helping me feel better. *sigh*

Posted

I can help.

I know how to do powerpoint and stuff like that. What do you need?

Posted

problem is, i'm on a mac, so i'm using the keynote program. basically, i have most of it done (the typing), i just need to insert the pictures and insert the type to go with them. that's the part giving me fits.

Posted

Can't help then.

I can only be supportive.

You go girl....

Posted

thanks :lol:

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='prose' post='1034757' date='Jul 31 2006, 11:19 AM']


I am so lucky that I never had sickness with Anna or Michayla. I was sick for about an hour with Michayla, but that was it.

[/quote]

I don't like you anymore, Prose. :P:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1034765' date='Jul 31 2006, 11:34 AM']
sickness comes and goes. :( everyone keeps telling me it will get better in the 4 month, and i really hope that's true. i really don't want to be sick the entire time. that would really stink.

plus i'm really stressed out right now - 10 year reunion this coming weekend and i'm trying to get the slideshow done, and i don't know how to do it. plus work stuff is stressful and none of the stress is helping me feel better. *sigh*
[/quote]

I'm beginning to feel better, I'm at week 14. I still get gaggy but not nearly as sickish or nauseas as before (I've only really been sick like once in the past week and a half or more, knock on wood, thank you St. Gerard. :) ). It will pass, eventually, even if it doesn't seem that way right now.

Sorry you're feeling so stressed, if I had a mac I'd help!

Posted

thanks :love:

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1034765' date='Jul 31 2006, 10:34 AM']
sickness comes and goes. :( everyone keeps telling me it will get better in the 4 month, and i really hope that's true. i really don't want to be sick the entire time. that would really stink.

plus i'm really stressed out right now - 10 year reunion this coming weekend and i'm trying to get the slideshow done, and i don't know how to do it. plus work stuff is stressful and none of the stress is helping me feel better. *sigh*
[/quote]
:console:
I heard somewhere that smiling is a counter to gagging...but I have yet to figure out how you're supposed to smile when you feel like gagging...

I hope your stress lessens. Stress is never fun, I imagine it would make things so much worse right now!

missionseeker
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1034749' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:56 AM']
i found them this weekend! :D: they are very helpful!
those sound good, you should send me the recipe! :D:

my hubby is making me apple crisp tonight! :woot: i've been craving it for weeks. :topsy:

in other news, i have a chiropractic appt tomorrow (supposed to be today, but the dr.'s wife had her baby over the weekend). then, my next midwife appt is next saturday. :D:
[/quote]


will do as soon as I find it and 'll look for it tomorrow (I know [i]where[/i] it is but it's where we keep all of the recipes we have that aren't in boks lol)

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1034997' date='Jul 31 2006, 09:00 PM']
:console:
I heard somewhere that smiling is a counter to gagging...but I have yet to figure out how you're supposed to smile when you feel like gagging...
[/quote]

Hmmm... that doesn't seem to work for me. lol Big gulps of water do, though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...