An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey all you mothers

Lil Red

advice needed. has anyone else hit the point where you are just sick of people commenting on your belly? my pet peeve is people saying "Boy, you're getting quite a belly on you, huh?" :maddest: seriously, i just want to :boxer: in the face. like, what do you expect people? i'm almost 6 months along!! :maddest:

IcePrincessKRS

I haven't had that problem so much, but for me its "Oh my gosh! You're expecting? How many is this for you now? Are you going to have 12 like your mom?" No one seems to realize I'm pregnant because I never go anywhere. lol If I were you I'd just smile and say "Thats what happens when you're 6 months pregnant."

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1101025' date='Oct 25 2006, 03:00 PM'] lol If I were you I'd just smile and say "Thats what happens when you're 6 months pregnant."[/quote]good response. there is one lady in particular, that every time i see her (which is every week), she says to me "Boy, that's quite a belly on you!" or some very similar variation of that. :getaclue: it really bothers me.

another thing - should i get the flu shot or not? i'm concerned about the whole autism thing.

IcePrincessKRS

Yeah.... some people are just sort of... dense. When I first came home for roughly the first SIX months I was here my mom's cousin would ask me after Mass every Sunday how long I was up for, were both the girls mine, how old they were, what was my husband doing, etc. The same series of questions, almost every week, for months... not exactly the same thing as with the pregnancy questions, but seriously, people need to get a clue.

My sister's best friend is preg. and due Jan. 1st and a lady actually told her (months ago) that she was huge and just imagine how bog she'd be by her due date. I saw her last week at her baby shower, she's not really that big. I think she's carrying "all over" (I've gained all over, but I definately also have the basketballish baby bump), but she doesn't look huge by any means. People are just clueless. I especially get irked when these questions come from women. I mean, they should know better! Especially if they are moms themselves. Men I expect to be dumb when it comes to these things (I had a guy ask me if I was pregnant or if I'd just eaten too much for dinner when I was 8 months pg. with Adrienne), but women... :maddest:

yeah, this is what i don't get. how can women (especially those who are moms) be so dense and idiotic and insensitive?

oh gosh - my hubby and his bad dreams! :lol: this one wasn't as cute as the last one, but he had a dream that i was having sex with his summer co-worker - while pregnant! i assured him many times that i'm not having sex with anyone!

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1101025' date='Oct 25 2006, 11:00 PM']
lol If I were you I'd just smile and say "Thats what happens when you're 6 months pregnant."
[/quote]
Yes :doh: ^_^

It's funny (or maybe not so funny) how most people whom I don't know start giving me (detailed) advice on labour, or painful descriptions of how it's going to feel... and how motherhood will change my life :rolleyes: Bless them, they don't know I have 3 already.

Lil Red I love the ultrasound pic! I really hope you're feeling better- my sickness has gone but I got erythema now, yay.

God bless all you Mums

IcePrincessKRS

Me, too. Hate being emotional, I mean. Not necessarily just crying, I get angry way too easily these days, too.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1101639' date='Oct 26 2006, 08:59 PM']
i feel like a raw nerve today - ready to break down and cry if anyone gets upset with me :sadder:
[/quote]
aww, :console: me, I get anger management issues... :maddest:

this is me and baby (i'm Lucille Ball, fyi):

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/IcePrincessKRS/IMG_0798_2.jpg[/img]

I know I look huge, but really, I'm not that big. The dress just barely fit me, so it was pretty tight. Anyway, I had fun dressing up :)

i will be 24 weeks on Friday! :yahoo: