An Old School Catholic Message Board

African Bishops Tell Priests: STOP BEING WITCHDOCTORS!

Budge

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045417' date='Aug 17 2006, 01:02 PM']
Why of COURSE that is the best way.....everyone knows that.

But someone forgot to tell, Peter, Paul, James, John, Matthew, Mark, Luke and Jude.

Those SILLY MEN, never once scheduled a pow-wow with the pagans listened to what THEY thought about Diana, Zeus, Ascepelos, Mercury and Mars... then sat down and exchanged pleasantries and gave each other mutual respect, invinting them to come and PRAY with them in their meetings, validating THEIR RELIGION as a valid path to salvation, although not with the "fullness of faith" that they had in Christ.

You have to wonder just HOW they managed to convert 10% of the world by 150AD without the confabs with the heathens...maybe they missed out and the new Popes can correct them when they [u]yell UP[/u] to them in heaven.

[i]{ you folks FLUNK Christianity 101, do you know that? }[/i][/quote]I must have flunked Christianity 101, because this post leaves me asking the following:
1) Wouldn't it be more appropriate to credit the mentioned apostles with the spread of Christianity that occured [i]during [/i] their lifetime, instead of years after their death?
2) Is there a citation that will support your claim that 10% of the world population was already professing Christianity in 150 AD? Considering that the Edict of Milan didn't come out until 313 AD, I find it hard to believe that someone would claim such a high number of Christians lived in 150 AD. At that time, the early Christian Church suffered many persecutions as a minority religion in the ancient Roman Empire.

LouisvilleFan

What doesn't make the headlines is common practice of American Christians (myself included) selling out to our own gods: security, wealth, possessions. We aren't any better, just better deluded (and diluted). After we look at the stake in our own eye, it's more understandable how the Church in Africa can struggle with their issues.

[quote]We Catholics don't worship anyone but God.[/quote]

Yes we do. I worship God, The Blessed Virgin, the Saints, the Pope, my Bishop, my parents, my relatives, my friends, my favourite singers, etc.

Worship simply means to hold in high esteem, to honour, or to like very much.

We adore God with latria, the highest form of worship, which is the type of worship given to God alone.

We worship the Blessed Virgin Mary with hyper-dulia, inifnately lesser than the worship given to God but greater than the worship given to all the saints.

We worship the Saints with dulia, worship very much lesser than that given to the Blessed Virgin, but much greater than the worship given to any living human.

We worship the Pope with worship greatly inferior than I would give to even a beatified person, but greater than any other living human.

I worship my Bishop and my parents less than the Pope but more than anyone else except the Pope.

I worship my relative, friends and favourate singers less than my paretns.

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1045422' date='Aug 17 2006, 10:22 AM']
I must have flunked Christianity 101, because this post leaves me asking the following:
1) Wouldn't it be more appropriate to credit the mentioned apostles with the spread of Christianity that occured [i]during [/i] their lifetime, instead of years after their death?
2) [u]Is there a citation that will support your claim that 10% of the world population was already professing Christianity in 150 AD? Considering that the Edict of Milan didn't come out until 313 AD, I find it hard to believe that someone would claim such a high number of Christians lived in 150 AD. At that time, the early Christian Church suffered many persecutions as a minority religion in the ancient Roman Empire.[/u]
[/quote]

[img]http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/0300036426.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/img]

[quote]
Those SILLY MEN, never once scheduled a pow-wow with the pagans listened to what THEY thought about Diana, Zeus, Ascepelos, Mercury and Mars... then sat down and exchanged pleasantries and gave each other mutual respect, invinting them to come and PRAY with them in their meetings, validating THEIR RELIGION as a valid path to salvation, although not with the "fullness of faith" that they had in Christ.[/quote]

Amen Euch.

What does the Pope and his men expect when they teach that traditional religions are a source of peace [said right in the above]?

This is more of Rome's universalism, their core belief that all religions are a pathway to God, even if some pathways arent as good as the Catholic Church.

This interreligious dialogue stuff is nonsense, even the pagans with half a notion of common sense will realize that the Catholic's message of "lets rap about Buddha and the river gods" is one of confusion.

I vote to ban these guys from the phorum. I am tired of seeing our beloved popes and saints ridiculed. Enough is enough.

Edited by stbernardLT

This stuff is happening.

You just want to turn a blind eye to it.

You want me gone because you dont want to deal with the repercussions, or the fact that your church is now teaching the gospel of the universalism..and the one world religion.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045275' date='Aug 17 2006, 08:25 AM']
Just as I suspected...
snip

snip
www.catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=20911

This is what happens when you have a church that teaches the pagan is to be christianized. A bunch of "pagan" pseudo- christians.

[img]http://www.religion-cults.com/pope/pope-african26.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Here's a situation that would be similar. A leader of the prolife movement demands violent protestors to stop using violence when dealing with abortion providers. Then, because of what that leader says, pro choicers than use that against all prolifers by saying "See? this is what happens when you fight to make abortion illegal! You murder other people!"

Just because some people are doing something does not mean all of them are. That's also like saying all Middle Eastern people are vicious terrorists.

And the bishops told them to stop! Why? Because witchcraft and pagan practices are CONDEMNED by the Catholic Church!

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045417' date='Aug 17 2006, 01:02 PM']
Why of COURSE that is the best way.....everyone knows that.

But someone forgot to tell, Peter, Paul, James, John, Matthew, Mark, Luke and Jude.

Those SILLY MEN, never once scheduled a pow-wow with the pagans listened to what THEY thought about Diana, Zeus, Ascepelos, Mercury and Mars... then sat down and exchanged pleasantries and gave each other mutual respect, invinting them to come and PRAY with them in their meetings, validating THEIR RELIGION as a valid path to salvation, although not with the "fullness of faith" that they had in Christ.

You have to wonder just HOW they managed to convert 10% of the world by 150AD without the confabs with the heathens...maybe they missed out and the new Popes can correct them when they [u]yell UP[/u] to them in heaven.

Sigh... :(

[i]{ you folks FLUNK Christianity 101, do you know that? }
[/i]
[/quote]

Oh please, Eutychus, no pope has EVER validated any pagan religion as a valid path to salvation! As for what Peter, Paul, et al did or didn't do, what about when Paul was in Athens, and he mentioned the shrine to the unknown god, and he proclaimed to the Athenians that the God we know is that god in question? That's not exactly the same thing as coming right out and saying, "You're all heathens! Convert or be damned!"

And if you want to convert a pagan, then it's only right that you understand PRECISELY what they believe first before showing them that they're wrong. Presenting a caricature of what a person actually believes isn't going to convert anyone; if anything it'll turn them even further from God's truth! If the witnesser lacks credibility by misunderstanding the witnessee's beliefs, then why should the witnessee ascribe any credibility to the message from God that the witnesser attempts to proclaim?

Edited by Dave

[quote]
Just because some people are doing something does not mean all of them are. That's also like saying all Middle Eastern people are vicious terrorists.[/quote]

There isnt one living bishop or Cardinal in the Catholic church who has made a stand against the interfaith movement.

[quote]And the bishops told them to stop! Why? Because witchcraft and pagan practices are CONDEMNED by the Catholic Church![/quote]

Dont you think there is a problem when the last Pope himself says from one of the articles above..

[quote]The Church recognizes that the values in traditional religions can be wealthy resources for promoting peace in the world.

[/quote]

So wonder the poor African priests are confused.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045466' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:41 PM']
Amen Euch.

What does the Pope and his men expect when they teach that traditional religions are a source of peace [said right in the above]?

This is more of Rome's universalism, their core belief that all religions are a pathway to God, even if some pathways arent as good as the Catholic Church.

This interreligious dialogue stuff is nonsense, even the pagans with half a notion of common sense will realize that the Catholic's message of "lets rap about Buddha and the river gods" is one of confusion.
[/quote]

Budge, you need to read your Bible -- you forgot about the commandment "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." Over and over we've told you your claims are bogus, but you refuse to listen. Sure, you claim to be acting out of love and concern for us, but love does NOT entail having a reckless disregard for the truth and proclaiming things that just aren't true! It's your prerogative to continue telling lies about Catholics, but on Judgment Day, when you appear before the Lord, and He asks you why you left His Church and spread vicious lies about it, you won't be able to plead ignorance!

The Pope was acknowledging the good that other religions had. He still worked to spread the gospel throughout the world, but the only way to do that is to RESPECT the beleifs that people already hold. If people yelled at me and told me I was going to hell or that I was succumbing to carp, I never would have become a Christian. It's through love that people are won over to Christ, that's right, LOVE! People are attracted to love, not to hate, rudeness, and disrespect

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045454' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:15 PM']
[img]http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/0300036426.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/img]
[/quote]I went to Amazon.com and searched the book ([url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0300036426/ref=si3_rdr_bb_product/002-9461022-7954404?ie=UTF8"]link[/url]), but couldn't find any passage that would support your claim of ten percent of the world being Christian in 150 AD. At this point, it might be useful to actually quote the text as it is written in the book. I still find your claim to be a little farfetched.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045475' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:52 PM']
This stuff is happening.

You just want to turn a blind eye to it.

You want me gone because you dont want to deal with the repercussions, or the fact that your church is now teaching the gospel of the universalism..and the one world religion.
[/quote]

No, Budge, YOU are turning a blind eye to the fact that the Church does NOT permit the things you claim it permits. And you keep on parroting these lies because you don't want to deal with the repercussions of the fact that you're just plain wrong.

Justified Saint

[quote name='Budge' post='1045484' date='Aug 17 2006, 12:01 PM']
There isnt one living bishop or Cardinal in the Catholic church who has made a stand against the interfaith movement.
[/quote]

Duh, because there is no "interfaith movement" in the Catholic Church -- thank you for making it so clear!

Edited by Justified Saint