An Old School Catholic Message Board

African Bishops Tell Priests: STOP BEING WITCHDOCTORS!

Budge

Guest JeffCR07

What amazes me is that you can simultaneously be both illogical and ahistorical. The argument between Christians and Muslims have always been one concerning the question [i]what is God like?[/i], not the question [i]which God should we believe in[/i]. When you are discussing monotheistic religions, it is inacurrate to say that they believe in different Gods. Rather, they believe in the same God, but disagree concerning what that God is like. Aquinas never condemned Muslim theologians for worshipping the wrong God - he condemned them for misunderstanding the God they worship.

But perhaps this is a better question: Why do you feel like you need to be able to say that the Muslims worship a different God. What do you gain from such an assertion? Jews do not argue that the Muslims worship a different God, and you do not argue that Jews worship a different God. So why are you motivated to assert that muslims worship a different God?

[quote name='JeffCR07' post='1046152' date='Aug 18 2006, 12:52 PM']
What amazes me is that you can simultaneously be both illogical and ahistorical. The argument between Christians and Muslims have always been one concerning the question [i]what is God like?[/i], not the question [i]which God should we believe in[/i]. When you are discussing monotheistic religions, it is inacurrate to say that they believe in different Gods. Rather, they believe in the same God, but disagree concerning what that God is like. Aquinas never condemned Muslim theologians for worshipping the wrong God - he condemned them for misunderstanding the God they worship.

But perhaps this is a better question: Why do you feel like you need to be able to say that the Muslims worship a different God. What do you gain from such an assertion? Jews do not argue that the Muslims worship a different God, and you do not argue that Jews worship a different God. So why are you motivated to assert that muslims worship a different God?
[/quote]

Perhaps his claim is that they actually have more than one God, because the muslims choose worship a different (false) God. Either way as always, He is wong.

Guest JeffCR07

[quote name='stbernardLT' post='1046154' date='Aug 18 2006, 11:56 AM']
Perhaps his claim is that they actually have more than one God, because the muslims choose worship a different (false) God. Either way as always, He is wong.
[/quote]

But this claim is too strong, even for him, because if the muslims worship a different (false) God, then so do the Jews. But that is clearly not the case, and it is absurd to assert such a thing.

You know, all this reminds me of how the pro-aborts complain that pro-lifers do nothing to provide alternatives to abortion and assistance, and when pro-lifers do, the pro-aborts then complain about that!

Budge complains when some Catholics appear to be mixing Christianity with paganism, and when the magisterium in Africa takes action against the mixing that Budge complains about, she still manages to use that as an occasion to complain.

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Norseman82/07d2786e.jpg[/img]

Are you two here to learn or cause trouble? Because the tone of your posts indicate the latter.

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Budge' post='1045484' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:01 PM']
There isnt one living bishop or Cardinal in the Catholic church who has made a stand against the interfaith movement.
[/quote]

Budge, I was at a talk by Cardinal George, Archbishop of Chicago. The question of Catholic-Muslim relations came up. He made the point that it is important to warn us to not let the churches be turned into mosques. So there's one example, OK?

Edited by Norseman82

[quote] Are you two here to learn or cause trouble? [/quote]

Those are my TWO CHOICES??

Hmmm....

mmmm.....

Learn this utter nonsense.....

OR.....

Sit at the feet of pagan lovers....

Or....

Accept that Allah is MY God....

OR.....

Unlearn what the First Commandment means...

OR....

Forget that the bible says you cannot WORSHIP with heathens....

Or...

OK, I have it! The latter! :shock:

Eutychus,

By any chance are you married to Budge? Youse two seem to make the perfect couple. <_<

Anyway, what is your view of the Jews? Do they worship a false god?

Edited by Norseman82

[quote] Anyway, what is your view of the Jews? Do they worship a false god?[/quote]

Individually they stand as everyone stands. INDIVIDUALLY if they reject Jesus they will be Judged by the LAW.

As Paul taught in Romans, the Law is a harsh judge to have used against you.

Do they worship a FALSE GOD?

NO.

They HAVE rejected the Messiah, INDIVIDUALLY and CORPORATELY.

CORPORATELY God isn't finished with Israel, He made promises, and God WILL KEEP THEM.

Individually, the 144,000 Jewish evangelists will bring about 1/3 of them to Christ in the Tribulation, scripture says however, that 2/3rds of the Jews will not accept Jesus, and most of them die in the Tribulation.

Hope that answers your question, in highlight fashion.