An Old School Catholic Message Board

Metalheads..

frozencell

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1813676' date='Mar 21 2009, 10:50 PM']"Creeping, rusty meat. Truly the heart and soul of all death metal."

True. Some is worse.

Then there's some that is truly Satanic.[/quote]

lol sure. most of the death metal out there isnt satanic. in fact very little of it is. Deicide being an exception. i dont listen to them. most are very political or just for fun shock value.
black metal is the typically anti christian genre. i still like Immortal and Dimmu. even then, then, Immortal is all about fantasy lands of grim dark frostbitten mountains, and lots of other black metal isnt about religion at all. like Borknagar, which last time i checked sings about microscopic sea bacteria. :D

mostly every once in a while i will come across a very anti christian song or overly satanic one, and i will delete it. unless the guitar part is absolutely ridiculous. :P
i will keep the rest of their songs though.

i will do the same with overly christian songs. i just dont like being preached to in my music. at all. i dont mind themes of either though. "trouble" and "candlemass" have lots of christian themed lyrics and they are one of my favourites. and i also know that a few bands i listen to are composed of satanists and dont like religion. as long as neither get up in my face i like it all.

to clarify, up in my face would be like if the chorus was "JEEEEEEEEEEEESUS!!!! IN MY HEART!!!!!" or "ACCEPT SATAN AS YOUR MASTERRRRRRRRRRR!"

not cool.

Nihil Obstat

I don't listen to religious music either.
Johnny Cash does not count.

I suggest that Nick, Brian Setzer, and myself have a guitar-off contest then. :))

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1813821' date='Mar 22 2009, 01:06 AM']Nick would win
^_^[/quote]
This isn't actually a [i]guitar[/i] contest, is it?
Maybe you aren't allowed to judge.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1813837' date='Mar 22 2009, 01:15 AM']you're right. I'm biased.[/quote]
I can judge.

I'm perfectly objective. :saint:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1813855' date='Mar 22 2009, 01:29 AM']you can't judge if you're competing[/quote]
Can my guitar instructor judge?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1813861' date='Mar 22 2009, 01:34 AM']nope[/quote]
:(

How about Kenny Rogers?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1813867' date='Mar 22 2009, 01:38 AM']who?
:ninja:[/quote]
Look up "Kenny Rogers The Gambler" on youtube. :)) Awesome song.

If not him, how about the Everly Brothers? I don't think they're dead.