An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hair Trauma

franciscanheart

HeavenlyCalling

I like their habit too, it's very poor, but at the same time, it's just what a habit should be. But I still like to know what order it is from a glance.

My question? you mean, driving in that monstrosity? LOL I know that it's difficult driving in the PCPA veil. I can't fathom that thing. . .it's an accident waiting to happen.

[img]http://www.culturalcatholic.com/NunsHartfordMeeting.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.culturalcatholic.com/BaghdadIraqPalace1061932.jpg[/img]
This last one Baghdad, Iraq Missions 1932
:) E-J

Edited by Emile James

My hair is long and thick. I wore it all week in a French Braid. That worked pretty well. Don't know about the Postulant's veil. I :) guess they'll show me how to wear it.

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='Pia' post='1159054' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:51 PM']
My hair is long and thick. I wore it all week in a French Braid. That worked pretty well. Don't know about the Postulant's veil. I :) guess they'll show me how to wear it.
[/quote]
That's a good point, I never thought that they might show you there :duh: :D:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' post='1157731' date='Jan 6 2007, 09:34 PM']
Never mind driving, it reminds me of the "Flying NUN"!!!

That scarifice with wearing that kind of headgear must have saved souls thou! :saint:
[/quote]

:lol_pound: :lol_pound: :lol_pound:

When I was in Ann Arbor, Sister Thomas Aquinas was our driver in one of the fifteen passanger vans to take us to the school Friday night to set up the retreat [literally] the first thing she did after she buckled up was put her veil over her shoulder.

:D:

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1158295' date='Jan 7 2007, 06:59 PM']
Well I like the CFR habit.. even if you can't tell who they are in one glance. :saint:
[/quote]

i looooove it. it's so beautiful because it's so simple and gray. :blush:

i could totally tell the CFR's in one glance! :saint:

franciscanheart

[quote name='stuckinamo' post='1159324' date='Jan 8 2007, 07:44 PM']
i looooove it. it's so beautiful because it's so simple and gray. :blush:

i could totally tell the CFR's in one glance! :saint:
[/quote]
ditto. :blush: and me too. :saint:

Tomorrow at 3:45pm I am cutting my hair...yup I have decided to go shorter..and I am absolutely scared but very much excited...I will let you all know how it goes!!

~Lee

With all this talk of hair length, I went and had my hair cut short, real short! It was only down a little below my ears, but now it is much nicer, much easier to handle. Feels real good! See what you all started.
Alice M

[quote name='alicemary' post='1160411' date='Jan 10 2007, 01:37 AM']
With all this talk of hair length, I went and had my hair cut short, real short! It was only down a little below my ears, but now it is much nicer, much easier to handle. Feels real good! See what you all started.
Alice M
[/quote]

Hey Alice,

Thats great, I am all about short hair, it is definately easier to manage. I am not sure of how short i am going to go but we will see...

God Bless

HeavenlyCalling

I am growing mine out and growing the highlights out, and my mom isn't very happy, but it will make it easier to do again.

franciscanheart

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1160399' date='Jan 9 2007, 11:56 PM']
Tomorrow at 3:45pm I am cutting my hair...yup I have decided to go shorter..and I am absolutely scared but very much excited...I will let you all know how it goes!!
~Lee
[/quote]
:cool:

[quote name='alicemary' post='1160411' date='Jan 10 2007, 12:37 AM']
Alice M
[/quote]
:lol: