An Old School Catholic Message Board

Applying

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

As many of you know, I am applying to the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration. This thread is a continuation of "Visiting Religious Sisters of Mercy"... I moved it because it's now a different topic! It's now my journey to apply and see what happens...
So I finished the paperwork and sent it in mid-March, and yesterday Sister Lois and I schedule a time for my interview!! The date is set for May 13th... I don't know what we will be talking about, but it's the 2nd step in a VERY long process!
I just wanted to share the news that I am moving to the next step in the process! Praise God!
Jenny

Edited by be_thou_my_vision

Jenny, thanks for starting this thread. I believe you are applying to a very fine community, and I think your giving them some exposure here on PM might prompt others to give them a second look. I really enjoyed the video they did a while back of the "Rappin' Nuns"! Hopefully they will update their website to reflect the growth in their novitiate! God bless and have a glorious Easter!

I'll keep you in prayer. I think you should look upon it as a sign that Our Lady is specially watching over you since your interview date is on the feast of Our Lady of Fatima.

be_thou_my_vision

Thank you everyone... And I didn't know that my interview was on the feast of Our Lady of Fatima! Thanks be to God!

This community gives good retreats. It is certainly a time to spend peaceful time with Our Lord. Keep looking on the website for retreat opportunities.

Edited by be_thou_my_vision

And how we anticipate seeing you in Rappin nuns part 2!! Best of luck and keep us informed. This looks like such a solid group, and very joy filled.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1232555' date='Apr 7 2007, 05:03 AM']As many of you know, I am applying to the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration. This thread is a continuation of "Visiting Religious Sisters of Mercy"... I moved it because it's now a different topic! It's now my journey to apply and see what happens...
So I finished the paperwork and sent it in mid-March, and yesterday Sister Lois and I schedule a time for my interview!! The date is set for May 13th... I don't know what we will be talking about, but it's the 2nd step in a VERY long process!
I just wanted to share the news that I am moving to the next step in the process! Praise God!
Jenny[/quote]

Praise God - I will keep you in my prayers! :bigpray:

be_thou_my_vision

Update: The interview may be moved to April 29th. Sister Lois needs to find some stuff out with her schedule, and she will let me know if that is possible...
Also I emailed her and let her know that I am totally free to enter this fall, and she said "that coming in the fall sounds like a great plan"! Horray!!!

April 29th is the feast of St. Catherine of Siena....a good Dominican saint can pray for you as you move toward your Franciscan vocation!

philosophette

OO! I know one of their sisters. She was a cloistered nun but left to join them. She absolutely loves it in their order. :D

My prayers are with you!

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1242193' date='Apr 13 2007, 08:33 PM']OO! I know one of their sisters. She was a cloistered nun but left to join them. She absolutely loves it in their order. :D

My prayers are with you![/quote]
Oh! Do you know the name of the sister?

be_thou_my_vision

Sister Lois just notified me today that there is another woman (my exact age) that is entering with me! Yeah! Also, there is a woman coming to talk to her about "something" tonight after supper. Please pray for her.
I'm so excited!

**Off-topic! Please pray for the students involved in the Virginia Tech shooting.**