An Old School Catholic Message Board

Applying

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1282448' date='May 27 2007, 10:58 PM']You'll do fine! It is nothing to worry about seriously! I wouldn't stress over the psychological evaluation if I were you.....it is nothing too big...trust me![/quote]
Oh good! I just have no idea what to expect!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1282493' date='May 28 2007, 01:57 AM']It happens to me alllllllllll the time Jen, dont worry! :lol:[/quote]
Haha! Okay Amanda!!! :)

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1282307' date='May 27 2007, 07:45 PM']I had a dream the other night that I received the habit and the name Sister Judith Mary... I thought it was funny because I NEVER dream about religious life or nuns!

My psychological evaluation in in TWO WEEKS!!!! EEEK![/quote]

As others have said -- don't worry about the psych eval. I went through it for the 1st community I entered ... it went fine (well, fine enough anyway so that I could enter postulancy). In fact -- I'm not sure if anything was flagged because the community did not share the results, but I figured that if there was a problem they'd tell me.

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1283682' date='May 29 2007, 06:06 PM']As others have said -- don't worry about the psych eval. I went through it for the 1st community I entered ... it went fine (well, fine enough anyway so that I could enter postulancy). In fact -- I'm not sure if anything was flagged because the community did not share the results, but I figured that if there was a problem they'd tell me.[/quote]
I don't imagine there will be any problems, but it still makes me nervous for some reason. There is a follow-up meeting with Sister Lois about the findings of the evaluation as part of the application process. So I am required to know my weaknesses and strengths... it's just a scary thing to look reality in the face...

All of your words are comforting me! Thank you!

be_thou_my_vision

I have a phone interview tomorrow with Sister Marysia, the RSM that will be doing my psychological evaluation. I have no idea what we will be talking about...

P.S. [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=116"]New page on the website![/url]

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1289600' date='Jun 6 2007, 05:15 PM']I have a phone interview tomorrow with Sister Marysia, the RSM that will be doing my psychological evaluation. I have no idea what we will be talking about...

P.S. [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=116"]New page on the website![/url][/quote]
Prayers!

By the way... I love all the updates the sisters are doing on their websites. I took summer courses at a parish in Mishawaka the past two summers and am very bummed to not be going up this summer. I used to pray in the sisters' chapel!

the lords sheep

All of my friends have said there really wasn't much to the psych evaluation. One of my friends said the Doctor asker her a lot of questions about what she was expecting from community life, what she saw as joys and challenges and things like that. They just want to make sure you are grounded in reality about what the religious life is.

Good luck!!

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

be_thou_my_vision

Okay, the phone interview was not as bad as I thought it would be. She just asked me questions about my past and my discernment. Sooooooo... next weekend I will drive up to Mishawaka, then to Alma, and have a face-to-face interview with Sister Marysia. That will be the "official" psychological evaluation!

Hi Jenny,
We are on vacation out in PA visiting my extended family, thought I'd drop in while checking my email. You'll do fine on your psychologicals, God bless--you are headed even closer to joining a very fine community!

be_thou_my_vision

Thanks everybody! I can't believe I have only 3 months to go!!!
And Sister Lois told me the name of the other girl entering with me: Rosa. She is exactly the same age as me! Jesus is so good to send me a companion!

be_thou_my_vision

Okay all,
I've got only 6 more days until I get to go the the convent for 3 days!!!!!! YEAH!!!

be_thou_my_vision

There are new pictures on the website! Seminarians and other young men from our diocese made a pilgrimage for Corpus Christi. They made a pit-stop at the convent! [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=120"]HERE[/url] are pictures!
Also, [url="http://www.ssfpa.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=118"]HERE[/url] are pictures from the actual Corpus Christi procession.

4 days until I go up there!