An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do We Attrack More Protestants To Phatmass.

thessalonian

thessalonian

I really think that we should get more protestants to come here and discuss the Catholic faith. How do we get more of them here? :idontknow:

Era Might

Send a bucket of tacos, so very tasty and good for you, to the headquarters of the National Association of Evangelicals?

thessalonian

[quote name='Era Might' post='1262761' date='May 2 2007, 06:39 PM']Send a bucket of tacos, so very tasty and good for you, to the headquarters of the National Association of Evangelicals?[/quote]

Funny guy. :lol_roll:

What do you think dust. walk in there with a phatmass.com t-shirt and a bucket of tacos, so very tasty and good for you,. :disguise:

Katholikos

Announce on Protestant websites that a bunch of us are ready to convert to Protestantism but we need guidance?

desertwoman

Simple...

Go to any other site and say....

"Think Catholicism is evil? Prove it!"
@phatmass.com

hoosieranna

You continue to treat us (non-Catholics but not scary fundies) with such ridiculous kindness and answer questions. And offer free cookies. A sense of humor helps too. I've learned more for the tongue in cheek debate threads that I have from any number of "All Protestants are heretics and here's 4012 reasons why!" threads. Lumping all Protestants is as bad as evangelicals lumping all Catholics together. Some of us are nice people too!

Edited by Nadezhda

CatholicCid

How do we attack more Protestants? Why, with the holy hand grenade of antioch of course!

Edited by CatholicCid

We renounce our belief in the Eucharist, in the Blessed Virgin Mother and in purgatory. We renounce our allegiance to the Pope in favor of "Pastor X" at the local Christian congregation. And, finally, we stop praying to those darn statues.

But, if that all sounds like too much of a chore...we can always go with Era's taco suggestion.

desertwoman

Some protestants don't even think about Catholicism until its mentioned on the news. Some have an unhealthy obsession with it and have a desire to "out it as being evil." And then you have some who want to learn about the faith and see what's all the hub bub about.

Sojourner

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1262855' date='May 2 2007, 06:59 PM']Some protestants don't even think about Catholicism until its mentioned on the news. Some have an unhealthy obsession with it and have a desire to "out it as being evil." And then you have some who want to learn about the faith and see what's all the hub bub about.[/quote]
I was in Category 1

Although, I'd been taught that Catholics weren't really Christians so I had some misconceptions to work through at one point. But those were pretty much dealt with through Catholics I met long before I ever started thinking about becoming Catholic.

My point in saying that is that I think that one of the best ways we can attract people to the site is by continuing to demonstrate our faith in how we relate with those both inside and outside the faith. I struggle with getting that balance right myself, with defending truth and yet doing it in a charitable fashion. I know I've been a bit sharp at times ... but I think being conscious of how we portray the faith here goes a long way toward being a community that's welcoming to visitors.

Edited by Terra Firma

Sojourner

[quote name='Socrates' post='1262963' date='May 2 2007, 09:38 PM']"Attrack" - Is that a combination of "attract" and "attack"? :disguise:[/quote]
that has totally been bothering me too ...

I think that protestants will come as time passes. It really is a great site. I don't think there is anything that we can, or necessarily should, do to attract them.

Dust has built it. They will come.

FullTruth

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1262767' date='May 2 2007, 07:47 PM']Announce on Protestant websites that a bunch of us are ready to convert to Protestantism but we need guidance?[/quote]
What an honest man you are Katholikos! :ohno: