An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do We Attrack More Protestants To Phatmass.

thessalonian

thessalonian

One time early in my message board days I was on a Catholic site. Catholicconverts.com, steve rays site. There were many protestants who had converted in part because of the board and several at the time that were coming in to the Church with a year or so. One of the Catholics started a thread asking people to list who they thought the best apologists for the Catholic faith were. There were of course lists of Belloc, Nueman, Keating, Aikin, Augustine, Irenaus, Aquinas, etc. etc. One of the protestants who was strongly considering becoming Catholic and eventually did said the one who did the most to move him toward the Church was a Budge like protestant who went by the handle of LOC or LetsobeyChrist. The usual straw man and red herring distortions type of poster. He said that guy di more to open him up and convince him of the Catholic faith than anyone in the Church. I’ve seen it other places as well. Let’s keep budge around. She’s annoying but she doesn’t convert anyone and she helps our cause with her bad arguments. Be kind to her. After all Augustine says that the heretics are allowed in the world to keep us on our toes so to speak. To keep us from getting complacent.

Church Punk

[quote name='Era Might' post='1262761' date='May 2 2007, 07:39 PM']Send a bucket of tacos, so very tasty and good for you, to the headquarters of the National Association of Evangelicals?[/quote]

Are protestants even allowed to eat tacos, so very tasty and good for you,????

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1263231' date='May 3 2007, 12:04 PM']I just wonder if you are faking it sometime, or if this is really your worldview.[/quote]

I have wondered that too sometimes. I have even wondered if it is someone here with a different screen name trying to get our "swords sharp" if you will.

thessalonian

No budge is for real. I've met many like her on the net. When people don't have Catholicism they really tend to exalt their own beliefs and their perspective and logic goes out the door. Budge is not particularly unusual, in fact is rather mild as anti-catholics go. Further she does not mean to be hateful. She thinks she is doing us a favor by warning us of the evils of Catholicism. Who knows what the motives of her heart are, if it is left over baggage from her days as a Catholic, some sin involved that blinded her to the truth along the way, or just plain ignorance. We of course hope the latter.

hoosieranna

[quote name='Church Punk' post='1263382' date='May 3 2007, 03:34 PM']Are protestants even allowed to eat tacos, so very tasty and good for you,????[/quote]

Regularly and with great pleasure!

Hey. I saw this thread and thought "what... attack protestants??" Then I thought of the many games of Starcraft I've had with some fundie prods... ahh good times. Seriously, I know of a forum we could invade... basically we should just go on and challenge them to come on out to PM for some pie and good times. You all like pie, right? Or do I have to bring about this Welsh Cake thing again...

Edit: GodChaser (dude!) are you back again? Or was this just a moment where you decided to peek your head in to see how we're doing? Either way is cool. Come on over when you're ready. :)

Edited by Sacred Music Man

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Church Punk' post='1263382' date='May 3 2007, 02:34 PM']Are protestants even allowed to eat tacos, so very tasty and good for you,????[/quote]

Not after I take control of the world.

GodChaser

I've got a suggestion.

Perhaps you should give them the respect to acknowledge they are already saved by the grace of God and being a Catholic isn't a requirement for salvation.

I think that would be the best way to get people to come over here.

To Budge, if you haven't already realized, the great Apostocy is happening. If someone can put up a Heresy like [url="http://www.144000saints.com"]http://www.144000saints.com[/url] selling salvation for $24.95, you can tell Christianity is not what is use to be!

Bible Beliving Christians are few and far inbetween now! Most have gone into that whole spiritual mumbo jumbo Pentecostal/Charismatic stuff which most of it is demonic possession.

Oh well, things are coming to a close soon!

Era Might

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1263528' date='May 3 2007, 07:31 PM']Not after I take control of the world.[/quote]
:rolling:

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1263539' date='May 3 2007, 08:58 PM']I've got a suggestion.

Perhaps you should give them the respect to acknowledge they are already saved by the grace of God and being a Catholic isn't a requirement for salvation.

I think that would be the best way to get people to come over here.

To Budge, if you haven't already realized, the great Apostocy is happening. If someone can put up a Heresy like [url="http://www.144000saints.com"]http://www.144000saints.com[/url] selling salvation for $24.95, you can tell Christianity is not what is use to be!

Bible Beliving Christians are few and far inbetween now! Most have gone into that whole spiritual mumbo jumbo Pentecostal/Charismatic stuff which most of it is demonic possession.

Oh well, things are coming to a close soon![/quote]

Whoah... metamorphosis... and man... I felt like I was being hit with a LEFT and a RIGHT on the Christian extremes today... oy vey... Don't get me wrong, I think it's an interesting point... but "Bible believing Christians" is a broad brush... heh heh...

johnnydigit

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1262767' date='May 2 2007, 04:47 PM']Announce on Protestant websites that a bunch of us are ready to convert to Protestantism but we need guidance?[/quote]

:lol_roll:

i actually first signed up on message boards of christian bands whom i liked. there are tons of people there. i later realized i was outnumbered 10,000 to 1 by the protestants there. i still stuck around and talked catholicism before finding this site. i made a few "informational" threads about basic Caholicism and whatnot and i think a made a slight difference. it's amazing how in the dark some of them are regarding basic church history. my favorite, "Catholics are Christians?"

hence, another way to attract protestants would be the same way they attracted me, by helping our Catholic music scene grow so big that they come to visit the musicians and fans and are bombarded with the truth YEAH! ARGHH.

GodChaser

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1263577' date='May 3 2007, 08:08 PM']Whoah... metamorphosis... and man... I felt like I was being hit with a LEFT and a RIGHT on the Christian extremes today... oy vey... Don't get me wrong, I think it's an interesting point... but "Bible believing Christians" is a broad brush... heh heh...[/quote]
Yes, Metamorphosis.

I like this new name. It suits me much better.

I think I am much more ready.

Has anybody still kept the Bible Study.

I'm up to the book of Job now.

The Lord Giveth, the Lord taketh away, blessed be the Lord forever!

[quote name='mulls' post='1263197' date='May 3 2007, 11:01 AM']I would challenge you to instead go out into the real world and find evangelical Christians to talk to, engage them in normal conversation without other people on this site and catholic apologetic resources to depend on.

The rubber meets the road for me in the real world. You can make a decent case for Catholicism online, but out there everything falls apart (in my experience).[/quote]
I know plenty of people who converted to the Catholic faith from being "Bible Christians" in "the real world" independent of the internet. These include both my parents, and phatmassers on here (who converted before phatmass), as well as famous apologists such as Scott Hahn, and countless people you've never heard of.

In fact, the vast majority of converts I'm aware of did [i]not[/i] convert from internet debates or websites (many having converted long before the internet). Internet conversions seem more an exception than the rule (though it is another means of conversion available in our time).

Implying that people don't convert to Catholicism from evangelical Christian churches outside of phatmass and the internet is one of the most ignorant or thoughtless statements I have seen.

[quote name='Socrates' post='1263674' date='May 3 2007, 11:10 PM']I know plenty of people who converted to the Catholic faith from being "Bible Christians" in "the real world" independent of the internet. These include both my parents, and phatmassers on here (who converted before phatmass), as well as famous apologists such as Scott Hahn, and countless people you've never heard of.

In fact, the vast majority of converts I'm aware of did [i]not[/i] convert from internet debates or websites (many having converted long before the internet). Internet conversions seem more an exception than the rule (though it is another means of conversion available in our time).

Implying that people don't convert to Catholicism from evangelical Christian churches outside of phatmass and the internet is one of the most ignorant or thoughtless statements I have seen.[/quote]

Im a convert!!!!! But I started the journey looooooooooooong before I started on phatmass. Phatmass helped to smooth the edges. I did it as an evangelical