An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do We Attrack More Protestants To Phatmass.

thessalonian

Ma'am,

WHy dont you just answer the questions?

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1268484' date='May 8 2007, 09:29 PM']No Budge...BAD budge. They are not neo-evangelicals. [b]I couldnt stand them as much as you cant. [/b]But to be evangelical does not mean that you ignore some polemic ignorant comments on "Rome." Find some credible evangelical leaders that actually buy into that.
My direct mentorship was Dr. Greg Boyd. (and besides open theism...which is very anti-catholic in the way it is formed) who is considered one of the brightest minds in the evangelical community. I woul appreciate if you would give me the names of people who you think are "true" evangelicals.
I did not have any ties to the WCC in anyway. I did not know they even existed until slightly before my conversion. They have no credibility with my mentors.
C'mon Budge. Give me something better. I talked to programs from Fuller, Emmanuel, Trinity, Bethel and various others. A poster (The Joey O) knew me as an evangelical and can attest to this. I was in the evangelical arena, I was being trained by YOUR leaders. Your tactic of writing off everyone but you is primative and really annoying.[/quote]

Thank you for the time and effort you put into actually talking with me and addressing the issues. I lived your arena, I had the faith you had and I GREW into catholicism. That simple fact shatters your perception that catholicism lacks anything good that protestantism has.

[quote name='Budge' post='1269139' date='May 9 2007, 01:16 PM']Rev...

So youve forsaken evangelical teachings and gone Catholic?

Why does that surprise me, most of the evangelical church is falling away, either into megachurch prosperity nonsense or into Emergent church, Catholic false theology. All I have to is read [i]Christianity Today[/i] {By the way I do monthly so I know what is going on} to know the apostate state of the evangelical church. You are actually one of MANY.[/quote]

-cant stand megachurches,
-cant stand the prosperity movement
-emergent church is an outreach model. With my theology background you should know i cant stand it.

I asked YOU what is your evangelical church. All you have done here is beat up the evangelical church that you are trying to convert us to.

I had what you have, I grew from that. I still hold to the good. I never "forsaked" the evangelical training I gained. Which taught me a love for scripture, a desire to step past myself and seek relation with the divine. Like I have told you before. Evangelicalism in its natural form will only grow into an awesome catholic faith.

Instead of assuming I am the personafication of all you see evil in YOUR community, why dont you tell me what YOUR community is? Who do you read? What is your church? I know this shocks you, but my evangelical background was a great thing, I was born, I grew and I came to maturity. I still have numerous friends in it. But that does not mean I will not promote the concept that Catholicism was a growth from that.