An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mixed Messages?

EJames

[quote]Tell me what you believe, tell me why I should accept your interpretation of scripture.

"But Im making where I stand here pretty clear."

No, you're not, I've repeatedly asked you to tell me why I should accept what you have to say, and you have repeatedly failed to answer the question.[/quote]

Hey I know this is your rabbit trail of diversion to try and discredit anything I have to say...because supposely the hindu worshipping bishop is MORE of an EXPERT and should be followed over just some ordinary born again believer in Jesus Christ who believes Gods Word.

Make your choice, its yours to make.

Follow the hindu-god lover, Deepak Chopra wannabe New ager.

I cant force you to love Jesus Christ and if you dont know Him...then you dont. Ive already preached the gospel on here, doing threads on how to be saved.

By the way, It is interesting how the Holy Spirit is to play no role in the average Catholics life.

Its not the Holy Spirit by the way, saying this is ok...this false worship.

Edited by Budge

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1269239' date='May 9 2007, 01:30 PM']Hey obviously you dont believe the way I do.

You dont hold the same belief in Gods Word or in the first commandment.

Hey I cant force you to be loyal to Jesus Christ or stand up against the worship of false gods, if you do not desire to.

But Im making where I stand here pretty clear.

I am sounding the warning, the world is going to hell in a univeralist basket, according to scripture most are going to join up.

So Im not surprised that again, I am deemed as the PROBLEM here, instead of your apostate hindu worshipping leader.[/quote]

Budge, the new Elijah. I guess you're among the 7,000 who haven't bent the knee to Baal.

Answer the question, Budge. Let's say this bishop and, indeed, all Catholics, are woefully misguided. Why does that make what you say true, your interpretation correct?

[quote]I guess you're among the 7,000 who haven't bent the knee to Baal.[/quote]

I used to follow BAAL...{ who do you think is the master of the UU church}?

So why would I go back to that dung heap and vomit?

[quote name='Budge' post='1269245' date='May 9 2007, 03:35 PM']Im sorry you do not believe this.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Actually dont worry what I think, but what God is going to think when you are standing before Him one day and he asks why you followed leaders who forsook Him over and over and worshipping false gods?

Thats what you should be worrying about.

To be frank with you all, to see people who call themselves Christians commiting these acts, that are going to lead millions to embrace the antichrist makes me want to throw up.[/quote]

The fact that you have to attempt to scare me with warnings about God's judgment is very telling. Is this how you respond to people when you can't provide adequate answers?

Still no answers?

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1269248' date='May 9 2007, 01:37 PM']I cant force you to love Jesus Christ and if you dont know Him...then you dont. Ive already preached the gospel on here, doing threads on how to be saved.[/quote]

So now not only are you the sole source of what's true and how to interpret scripture, you can actually see into our hearts and minds to determine that we don't love Jesus. Amazing! All hail Budge, the Great and Powerful!

As you all blather on about "interpetation"

Is your point to try and tell me worshipping hindu gods is OKAY according to this verse?

Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You know what I feel sorry for you folks.

I do this work knowing only very few will listen. I have gone into it knowing this. How do I feel watching people defend the rejection of Jesus Christ by a man that proclaims himself as a "Christian" and sheperd to other "Christians"

Pretty nauseous.

And youre all following lockstep....

Hey if you choose to listen to your false leaders instead of Gods Word, there is nothing I can do about it. Jesus asked if there would be faith left on earth for a reason.

[quote name='Budge' post='1269248' date='May 9 2007, 03:37 PM']Hey I know this is your rabbit trail of diversion to try and discredit anything I have to say...because supposely the hindu worshipping bishop is MORE of an EXPERT and should be followed over just some ordinary born again believer in Jesus Christ who believes Gods Word.

Make your choice, its yours to make.

Follow the hindu-god lover, Deepak Chopra wannabe New ager.

I cant force you to love Jesus Christ and if you dont know Him...then you dont. Ive already preached the gospel on here, doing threads on how to be saved.

By the way, It is interesting how the Holy Spirit is to play no role in the average Catholics life.

Its not the Holy Spirit by the way, saying this is ok...this false worship.[/quote]

This isn't an attempt at diversion Budge, I'm giving you an opportunity to witness to us, and to tell us why we should accept your interpretation of scripture.

I'm all ears!!

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1269255' date='May 9 2007, 01:43 PM']As you all blather on about "interpetation"

Is your point to try and tell me worshipping hindu gods is OKAY according to this verse?

You know what I feel sorry for you folks.

I do this work knowing only very few will listen. I have gone into it knowing this. How do I feel watching people defend the rejection of Jesus Christ by a man that proclaims himself as a "Christian" and sheperd to other "Christians"

Pretty nauseous.

And youre all following lockstep....

Hey if you choose to listen to your false leaders instead of Gods Word, there is nothing I can do about it. Jesus asked if there would be faith left on earth for a reason.[/quote]

Yes, Budge, you're the only True Believer in and Follower of Jesus.

Just ANSWER THE QUESTION.

What does that verse mean to you?

Forget me, I have nothing to do with this.

You either believe Gods Word or you do not, and right now since you are dismissing MY BELIEF in it, it looks like you do not.

Anything to defend the men in silk eh? Even when they worship hindu deities.

[quote]Yes, Budge, you're the only True Believer in and Follower of Jesus.

Just ANSWER THE QUESTION.[/quote]

Hey since youre defending the worship of false gods, doing battle with me, it looks like definitely there are some here WHO ARE NOT BELIEVERS OR FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST.

Because a true believer in JEsus Christ would NEVER ABIDE BY THIS or DEFEND it.

[quote name='Budge' post='1269262' date='May 9 2007, 03:47 PM']Jhn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

What does that verse mean to you?

Forget me, I have nothing to do with this.

You either believe Gods Word or you do not, and right now since you are dismissing MY BELIEF in it, it looks like you do not.

Anything to defend the men in silk eh? Even when they worship hindu deities.[/quote]

No, you do have something to do with this. You claim that we do not believe in God's word, so we have repeatedly asked you to tell us how you know the Truth about God's word and you refuse to tell us.

If you're here to witness, then do it!

Honestly what is your point?

Because it isnt me youre fighting, its Gods Word, otherwise youd write..

YES I AGREE WITH YOU BUDGE< WORSHIP OF FALSE gods {spirits} IS WRONG, instead of this endless blather about Budge supposely "misinterpreting" the Bible.

[quote name='Budge' post='1269270' date='May 9 2007, 03:53 PM']Honestly what is your point?

Because it isnt me youre fighting, its Gods Word, otherwise youd write..

YES I AGREE WITH YOU BUDGE< WORSHIP OF FALSE gods {spirits} IS WRONG, instead of this endless blather about Budge supposely "misinterpreting" the Bible.[/quote]

I don't have to make the point, you're refusal to answer the question is making the point quite nicely. You have no authority to interpret God's Word.

Edited by SJP

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1269263' date='May 9 2007, 01:48 PM']Hey since youre defending the worship of false gods, doing battle with me, it looks like definitely there are some here WHO ARE NOT BELIEVERS OR FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST.

Because a true believer in JEsus Christ would NEVER ABIDE BY THIS or DEFEND it.[/quote]
[list=1]
[*]I already said that the actions of this bishop are questionable, so saying that I'm defending him is a red herring.
[*]I find it grossly offensive that you accuse me of not being a "true believer" in Jesus Christ.
[/list]
There. Having prefaced my next questions with the appropriate clauses, I reiterate: what makes your interpretation of scripture correct, what makes you the sole arbiter of what's true?

Groo the Wanderer

Oh great Popette Budge, Mistress of Strawmen...please interpret for me with your divinely *snicker* granted authority, the following passage and reveal to me its meaning in my personal salvation:

Lev 3:4 - as well the two kidneys, with the fat on them near the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he must sever above the kidneys.

Lev 3:10 - as well the two kidneys, with the fat on them near the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he must sever above the kidneys.

Lev 3:15 - as well the two kidneys, with the fat on them near the loins, and the lobe of the liver, which he must sever above the kidneys.

Must be really important, cause it's in there thrice....

As a Catholic, I know through the teaching office of the Church what this is all about. Tell me please, what does YOUR teaching authority reveal about these verses? While yer at it, what IS your authority again, please?