An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment For Boys

Aloysius

the calling to "The Return TO the King"
Let us worship and adore Him in His true and most beautiful presence!
He is caling, we seem to not listen so many times

Guest thomasaquinas3

My discernment story is not yet at a close, considering I am still in High SChool, but I currently plan on entering seminary right out of High School. Prayer and a strong relationship with Christ is definately an essential for both vocational discernment, and for the discernment of God's Will each day, from moment to moment. That is how we are all called to live, because the next moment may never come, and the past is too late to change. We only have now, so we are all called to live for the moment, and take advantage of it, to bring Christ to others. Just some food for thought. Testimony of Hope is a very good book, I have not yet finsihed it, but it is awesome. God bless you all, and you are all in my prayers.

Thomasaquinas3

MI

Guest thomasaquinas3

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Mar 26 2004, 08:48 PM'] which seminary are you planning to go to? [/quote]
Saint Paul Seminary

I know I haven't posted in this form before, but many of you know that I've been discerning. Well, as of Friday, I've been accepted to the seminary for this fall! YAY!

humble_servant

i have always wanted to become a family man and have children, i am only 16yrs old and even having a child now would be awesome. i have 8 younger bros and 2 younger sisters but its not the same. i want to have children and care for them as a father

but recently i attended a youth eucharistic congress and my thoughts shifted to thought of the priesthood or religious life. i had been to other retreats where i have thought about it but it was nothing more than a thought. but now i am not so sure.
i have many religious rolemodels in my life, my family has many good priests as family friends and they all think that i should become a priest. it seems that all priests i meet think i should become a priest.
i know that it is not my decision but Gods will what will happen with the rest of my life, but i am still young and even if i chose the life of a religious person then that will not start until i enter a seminary and that will not be till i finish skool.
there are many thoughts that go through my mind, how special it would be to consecrate to bread and wine into the Body and Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.

i cannot put all my htought here because there are so many but i ask for all yours prayers to help me with my discerning
and i shall pray for all of you aswell

God Bless

Hello everyone. I have already decided that I will be entering Seminary upon meeting the requirements. I have to finish this year of high school; then I will go to college for two years; then I will go to Seminary. This is the Seminary that I will be attending. It is very unique, and I encourage all of you to go to the website. It is certainly not suited for any man who simply wants to be a Priest; there are several things that are required in order for one to be able to succeed at this kind of Seminary and with this kind of vocation, but please at least visit the website. It is a great Order called the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter (FSSP, Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Sancti Petri). It is not a Diocesan Seminary, however. It is unique in that it is the only Seminary in the United States that is part of what is being deemed the Ecclesia Dei movement, the formation according to Pope John Paul II's Encyclical, [i]Ecclesia Dei[/i]. It prepares Priests to follow the Liturgical books of 1962, the last Missal put out of the Traditional Mass. The website is at the end of my post. It is a great Order. Please visit the website and look at some of the information if you are interested in the Seminary or just in the Priesthood in general.

[url="http://www.fssp.com/main/index.html"]http://www.fssp.com/main/index.html[/url]
AND
[url="http://www.fssp.org/en/index.htm"]http://www.fssp.org/en/index.htm[/url]

Guest thomasaquinas3

I checked out the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, it looks pretty cool, I will have to look more into them. Thanks for the link.

Humble_servant: just keep praying, and rest assured of my prayers as well. You may want to think about a spiritual director. That is actually something I would suggest for most of you to look into. They are a big help in even just your daily walk.

You are all in my prayers. God bless.

Rebirth flame

does anybody know of any really cool Catholic colliges???

i wanna go to a Catholic university, but right now, the only one i know of is the Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio.

any other colleges would be appreciated!

Nate,

I went to the Catholic University of America in Washington DC..it's not just A Catholic College, but THE :-) .our friars run the campus ministry there...that is where I met and fell in love with the Lord...they intorduced me to adoration, now almost 200 kids a week sing their hearts out to H, always very powerful, being there always makes me want to be a holier friar!

in God's love for us,
fr. Matt

I go to University of Dallas...it used to be led by priors (OP) but now it's with the diocese. Also I'm thinking about Ave Maria College in Ypsilanti, MI. And of course the good ol' CUA. :) Christendom in VA and a few more good ones. That's what I say. :)

BTW, UD has an awesome core! (one of the best in the US!)

follow_the_pelican

Hey guy's, new to the phorum but not to the decernment issue.
As for good seminary's...pontifical college in ohio has to be one of the best out there. Then there is St. John Vieany, and a few others. Dont get me wrong there all auwsome! these are the best I have seen. \
Catholic colleges...dont for get steubenville!!!! THEE Catholic College!

... maybe i should've unpinned these b4 i moved em. w.e, dust can unpin em if he wants.

lol, on the plus side, now i figured out how to pin topics in any board i want :lol:

i don't think my vocation is to be a moderator. :huh: lol :P
]

....seminaries... coledges... yikes. :ph34r:

theculturewarrior

According to an ongoing study by National Catholic Register, there are only a handful of colleges that openly comply with the Holy Father's recent mandatum. (I think that's the word). Because so many Catholic universities have drifted away from the Faith, the Holy Father has ordered that theology professors get some kind of certification. (Don't quote me on this however. See [url="http://www.ncregister.com"]http://www.ncregister.com[/url] ).

The ones I recall offhand publicly and accessibly complying with the mandatum are...

St. Thomas Aquinas College (In CA, not MN).
The University of Dallas
Franciscan U., Steubenville
Christendom College
I believe Ave Maria (FL and MI) and Mary Magdalene were in this category too, or at least well on their way.

I'm relying on memory here so check the website.

God bless you all, I wish I had had a chance to go to one of the above Universities! (Well, maybe grad school :) )