An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment For Boys

Aloysius

[b]STEUBENVILLE???!!??!!!!!??!!![/b]

that hasta be a mistake... they're sooo orthodox.. i can't see any chance whatsoever that they'd be purposefully disobeying the Pope.

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Apr 8 2004, 03:23 PM'] According to an ongoing study by National Catholic Register, there are only a handful of colleges that openly comply with the Holy Father's recent mandatum. (I think that's the word). Because so many Catholic universities have drifted away from the Faith, the Holy Father has ordered that theology professors get some kind of certification. (Don't quote me on this however. See [url="http://www.ncregister.com"]http://www.ncregister.com[/url] ).

The ones I recall offhand publicly and accessibly complying with the mandatum are...

St. Thomas Aquinas College (In CA, not MN).
The University of Dallas
Franciscan U., Steubenville
Christendom College
I believe Ave Maria (FL and MI) and Mary Magdalene were in this category too, or at least well on their way.

I'm relying on memory here so check the website.

God bless you all, I wish I had had a chance to go to one of the above Universities! (Well, maybe grad school :) ) [/quote]
I'm pretty sure I remember reading that FUS, Ave Maria, and Christendom are Ex Corde Ecclesia schools. Unfortunately I don't think that UD has signed the constitution yet (which really bugs me cause I go there <_< ). They have some great teachers and are soon to get a new president, but the last one was a little liberal (and there are some liberal teachers as well)...I'm not sure about STA in CA though.

ilovechrist

that wouldn't be half bad an idea Pio... um i hadn't heard anything about FUS in that list of colleges....... Aloysius is right, it's prob a mistake.. i plan to go there in 2 years, don't bash my hopes now! :(

Alright ya'll, I was wondering if I could ask for some brotherly words of wisdom.

Here's my story: For the past four years I've felt called to the priesthood. For the past two I was "certain" that I was called to it. When I finally stopped fighting God about it, there was a feeling of peace and excitement. Then, like six months ago, I started feeling attracted to the monastic life. And I felt it strong. But its a different kind of attraction. It seriously feels like falling in love, like the way you feel when you meet a girl that you're in love with. I seriously feel like I'm falling in love with the idea of the monastic life, and I never felt that way about the priesthood. So now I'm wondering if when I felt called to the priesthood I wasn't misinterpretting what God was calling me to or if God was kind of using it as a stepping stone. Or am I just crazy? (the answer to that last one is [b]YES[/b], it was a rhetorical question).

Theologian in Training

Or, could it have been what Mother Teresa called, "the call within the call?" God had to lead you to the priesthood before He could fully reveal what He intended for you. Remember, we only see "dimly as if in a mirror." May be possible you are called to the monastic life, and He needed to give you time to settle down and be content with His calling you before He fully revealed what it was He intended for you.

Time will tell, discernment and prayer are key.

You are in my prayers

God Bless

• 2 weeks later...
Demon Seeker

Back to the Priest hood stuff...

Well its like every time I get into a relationship with a female it always ends quick, even when I don't rush into the relationship. Maybe I'm supposed to be called to do something else in the Church. Who knows??? should I pray about it? :mellow:

God Fearing,

Along with prayer, you may consider spiritual direction, or even speaking with a Catholic therapist. A priest needs to be able to have healthy relationships, just not be married.

God bless.

peace...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cue

I just joined, so this post isn't really gonna apply to any of the recent posts (I'm still catching up). I just wanted to thank Aloysius and rebirth flame for spending time in the seminary. It's not an easy move and shows dedication and courage. Thanks guys, that's awesome.
.cue

Confessionator741

I havent exactly been good phatmassian lately, but i think the break allowed some time for prayer. As hard as i am trying not to, which is dumb, I have a tendancy pull towards the priesthood, or to be a deacon or something of the such...

this i hvent told to anybody essssssspecially my 'rents... but i feel as if I am being called. Ive supressed the idea hoping that maybe, if it was coming from me...it would go away. but its not. and i am open now to whatever he wills me to do, but i need your help, if you could pray for me...please do so. thank you very much and ill talk to you alls later...

B