Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

InHisLove726
Posted (edited)

This really hit home for me. I am an EMHC at my parish, and we are given a schedule of when we are supposed to serve. I don't like it. I think it detracts from the reverence of the Blessed Sacrament. I've witnessed other EMsHC treating their commission to serve as a right instead of a privilege.

Also, I answered "yes" to all three. There is another parish I attend that has Extraordinary Ministers for the weekday Mass. I don't think this is necessary at all. There's not as many people attend during the week as on Sunday. I think, if anything, the priest should be serving the Precious Body and one EMHC could serve the Precious Blood.

At my Sunday parish, there is a need to have some extraordinary ministers because it is a rather large parish (1,500 families), but we have WAY too many! :(

Edited by InHisLove726

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...