An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Got A Call From The Nra

catholicinsd

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Deb' post='1453364' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:49 AM']I think your knee jerk response is so typical to the gun toting extremists. If someone talked about removing handguns, ONLY handguns, you would immediately jump to a ban and disarming all homes in this country. OOOH. Fear of death and destruction at the hand of the enemy. Are you talking from the republican book of politics....insert 911 into any situation to instill fear and use that to try and convince someone of what you are saying? Be logical. That is never going to happen. Ever. There would be a revolution first. Lambs to a slaughter. Trust me, you will have long died a natural death before this country is going to be overrun with terrorists going from house to house exterminating everyone. I think the Lord will have come down way before that too.[/quote]
I am not worried about terrorists [at least not this week], however I am surrounded by crack dealers and people looking to rob and kill for their next fix. If everyone had lethal protection, far fewer people would try breaking and entering for a living.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1453358' date='Feb 1 2008, 01:33 AM']I really don't think the majority of people who support hangun rights should probably own them.[/quote]
You're only restricting law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Criminals will still get guns.

[quote name='Deb' post='1453362' date='Feb 1 2008, 01:44 AM']Hmmm. I live in the suburbs. I camp in the Boundary Waters. I do not own a gun. I have a heavy mag light and a very sharp knife. I know how to defend myself. I have two neighbors who are cops. I sleep well at night. I have never even pondered that a terrorist group would infiltrate the the U.S. and employ their stealth maneuvors in my neighborhood or in the Dakotas or any rural area in Minnesota. Wow, they could get all trained up for their attack on....................Cows? Corn? Oh, the walleye harvesters! What an incredible stronghold they would have, set up here in rural Minnesota. The brilliance of such a plan just boggles the mind. I am assuming you used your brain personally to come up with that scenario or was it from an in depth news report on Fox?[/quote]
Growing up in rural Virginia I lived within a 10 mile radius of a nuclear power plant. I think they might have motive.

Edited by Justin86

Deb, you are more than welcome to share your views but you really need to lay off fo the ad hom attacks

You don't have to sarcastically infer that DtA "used your brain personally to come up with that scenario or was it from an in depth news report on Fox?"

You don't have to sarcastically attack Fox when she never even mentioned the media in her post. Heck, you don't have to ad hominem attack Fox, period. You don't have to like them or watch them--Lord know I don't either--but again--lay off the ad homs.

You don't have to call DtA a knee jerking gun toting extremist.

[quote name='XIX' post='1453373' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:01 AM']Deb, you are more than welcome to share your views but you really need to lay off fo the ad hom attacks

You don't have to sarcastically infer that DtA "used your brain personally to come up with that scenario or was it from an in depth news report on Fox?"

You don't have to sarcastically attack Fox when she never even mentioned the media in her post. Heck, you don't have to ad hominem attack Fox, period. You don't have to like them or watch them--Lord know I don't either--but again--lay off the ad homs.

You don't have to call DtA a knee jerking gun toting extremist.[/quote]

She didn't start them

Ah. This reminds me of my fav joke from Chris Rock. Make a bullet worth like...5oo dollars. That way, when someone shoots somebody, then that person deserved to die. Cause you just spent 3000 dollars on that person.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1453331' date='Feb 1 2008, 12:47 AM']No, homemade amno has a much greater chance of back-fire.[/quote]
Never said it didn't. You made a stupid comment suggesting the person pointing a gun in someone's face is concerned with the safety of his target which I responded to. It made you look like you didn't grasp the basic purpose of a gun at all.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1453333' date='Feb 1 2008, 12:50 AM']I live in South Dakota, and our whole state is rural.[/quote]
Ha! Your dad owned that gun you little kid. There is no way you can convince me he only got for hunting. Everyone in the country owns guns if only for protection.

[quote name='Justin86' post='1453370' date='Jan 31 2008, 10:59 AM']You're only restricting law-abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Criminals will still get guns.

Growing up in rural Virginia I lived within a 10 mile radius of a nuclear power plant. I think they might have motive.[/quote]

Bummer for you.

[quote name='Deb' post='1453385' date='Feb 1 2008, 02:28 AM']Bummer for you.[/quote]
Nice to see Christian charity reigns supreme in [i]your[/i] heart. You're really nothing but [i]an awesome person[/i][mod]Play nice. :D - L_D[/mod], that [i]cares about Jesus[/i].

[quote name='XIX' post='1453373' date='Jan 31 2008, 11:01 AM']Deb, you are more than welcome to share your views but you really need to lay off fo the ad hom attacks

You don't have to call DtA a knee jerking gun toting extremist.[/quote]

You need to read the posts I was responding to. Like, use your brain, that is what it is there for? I apologize but, the remarks that were put out are exactly what gun toting extremists say and exactly what Fox news would report. There is no other way to refer to Fox except for sarcastically. I like to exercise my freedom of speech and if Fox takes offense, they can come after me. They really don't need you to do it for them.