An Old School Catholic Message Board

Game On, Hockey Fans

Ash Wednesday

Nobody would sign Troggie. Hetakes too many dumb penalties. Two minutes for burninating the stick. Four minutes for burninating all the people. And their THATCH-ROOFED COTTAGES!!!

The Pens already have more playoff wins than last year. So technically, they are already doing better.

They should have no problem wiping the Sens off of the map. And honestly I have the Pens almost neck-and-neck with the Rangers and the Habs. I think it's going to come down to those three in the East.

The Pens have a ridiculous nucleus and they will be competitive for the next ten years.

Word up about the Ducks. The Sharks are okay IMO. I hate (don't hate, appreciate) (don't hate (don't hate, appreciate), appreciate) the Rangers. I is a Devils fan.

ROFL on the Trogdor stuff... Just finished watching the Devils/Rangers game, great hard hitting hockey. I love playoff time, never a dull moment.

Ash Wednesday

I don't know, hockey in Sweden is pretty interesting. :cool: I make it a tradition to try to watch a live hockey game every year. It used to be WHL games, now it's games in Sweden since I started my move across the pond this fall.

[size=7]

AND SEND YOUR HOCKEY PRAYERS UP FOR ME, I STILL MIGHT GET TICKETS TO THE PENGUINS GAME IN STOCKHOLM THIS FALL.........[/size]

:pray: :pray: :pray:

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1498947' date='Apr 14 2008, 01:28 AM']Hockey in Canada > Hockey in Minnesota > Hockey anywhere else.[/quote]
Just about. Hockey is big in Buffalo, and the fans in Philly are cuh-ray-zee.

Don't forget Detroit.

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='XIX' post='1498651' date='Apr 13 2008, 04:36 PM']How in the heck is three Cups since 1997 "choke artisans?" That has been the rap on the Wings lately, and I just don't get it.

Since 2003, they ran into white-hot goaltenders in the early rounds. 2003 was Giguere. 2004 was Kipprusoff. 2006 was Roloson. 2007 they just got beat by a better Ducks team. That's only four playoff losses since their last Cup. That's a really short leash for a franchise that wins games every year. The Wings were favored each year, but this is hockey. It's not basketbounce where the best team is going to win. In hockey, you really only need a bad bounce or two to lose a game you should have won. Nobody is going to win 4 Cups in a row anymore.

Now watch the Wings drop their next four and make me look dumb. :))[/quote]

hope not!

[quote name='XIX' post='1499010' date='Apr 14 2008, 07:09 AM']Just about. Hockey is big in Buffalo, and the fans in Philly are cuh-ray-zee.

Don't forget Detroit.[/quote]

yes, i miss being in Detroit most this time of year!

While i was in ATL this past weekend, i was able to see the Detroit v Nashville game on Saturday. We don't have TV in the house, so i am afraid that is the only play-off game i will get to see. :( Unless, of course, i start hanging out at the Old Chicago - hmm...

LET'S GO, RED WINGS!!!

Actually, the 3 games I've been to in Detroit since the lockout have been rather lackluster. I think the fan base feels a little cheapened by the whole lockout thing (I know I felt that way) and the prices of tickets are still astronomical. Given the economy of Detroit and the surrounding area (I live about 40 minutes from the Joe) most people simply cannot afford to go to the playoff games, let alone non-playoff games. Other cheaper alternatives have taken precedence and the Hockey fanship has suffered. For the price of one Red Wings ticket, you can take your whole family to a Tigers game, or you can get 2 Piston's tickets, both of those teams are also performing at high levels (lol tigers this year tho) the last few years and are far better options in most people's opinions.

I still love the Red Wings, but something has to give at the upper level. Prices that high aren't needed since we now have a salary cap, it should make the game more accessible.

/rant off

:mellow:

Montreal succombed to the Boston Bruins in overtime.

They shall return. They shall overcome.

How can the canadiens lose; we have a bunch of russian players on our team!

icelandic_iceskater

I feel your pain Olaf. Western Michigan's hockey games have been more exciting then the Wings game I went to his year. seriously.

Ash Wednesday

I missed pretty much all of today's Pens game because I was busy shipping boxes to England. I H.A.T.E. THIS! I H.A.T.E. MOVING AND I'M SICK OF IT!!!!! :maddest:

But they did win, making the series 3-0. Payback time! Apparently Hossa and Crosby might finally have gotten chemistry going.

AND LOSE THE "H.A.T.E./APPRECIATE" THING. It's really starting to get on my nerves. :maddest:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Wings drop a big one in Nashville tonight, great hockey game though. Nashville seems to score in spurts or not at all (2 goals in 9 seconds in the 3rd to go up 4-3).

JP2Iloveyou

It is nights like this why I got XM radio. Pens game at 6:00, Pirates game at 9:00. Pens seemed a little lackluster the first period and a half, and then seemed to turn it on about midway through the second period. Talbot's goal was pretty with nice feeds from Hossa and Dupuis. From what I could tell from the Senators announcers, Fleury was AWESOME tonight, especially the first period when the Pens pretty much decided to stand around and watch Ottawa shoot at will.

Pens should be OK for the series now, but before we start thinking about round two we have to close out round one.