An Old School Catholic Message Board

Game On, Hockey Fans

Ash Wednesday

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1505253' date='Apr 21 2008, 12:00 AM'][size=6]HAAAHAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA.... Ducks lost [/size][/quote]

yeah, that's pretty sweet!

Wish i had CBC to watch the Sharks and Flames tomorrow night!

I'm seriously rooting for the Sharks tomorrow. I absolutely do NOT want to play a series against Calgary, if there's a team in the NHL that can wear you out physically, bang you up, and just flat out exhaust you, it's Calgary.... Their style of hockey is amazingly fun to watch, but brutal to play against. Go sharks.

Would not be surprised to see Calgary make another deep playoff run like they did in 2004.

Edited by XIX

Typical of Philly's sports teams: if they're not absolutely stinking, they're doing very well until the very end where they blow it. :(

One game left, it's now or never.

Ash Wednesday

All I know is that a lot of the fans on the Flyers boards are doing much weeping and gnashing of teeth. Maybe it's a Buttman marketing conspiracy unfolding to square Ovechkin off against Crosby. :devil: :evil:

Montreal pulls out and Boston goes golfing.

Of course you do realize Montreal was only playing the dramatic side of the playoffs by letting things go to 7 games right?

5-0 in game 7, that is a strong win for the glorious Montreals!

Yet they still had a riot after the game?! Some stupidities defy all explanations.

Ash Wednesday

Um, yeah... the torched cars are not cool. They beat the freakin' BRUINS in seven games for crying out loud. They didn't win a friggin' Stanley Cup.

All I know is that the sweep was fun, but going this long without some Pens playoff hockey really blows chunks. I'm dying to know who we will be playing next. I hope it's Washington. Pens seem to have a hard time with the Rangers, especially at MSG, though given we have home ice and enough depth I still believe in us if we play them. Jagr also has a thin skin about the Pens fans booing him when he has the puck. Henrik is a great goalie, but Fleury hasn't been a pushover, either.

Oh yeah... go Calgary. :D

Tonight's games aren't coming soon enough! Round 2 isn't coming soon enough! :woot:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

I do agree.

I'm looking forward for a conference final between Montreal and Pittsburg myself. Two young, hungry teams. They'll battle to the bitter end regardless of outcome.

Ash Wednesday

...but that's not gonna happen this round (if at all...now I hope not!) The Blueshirts will have to get past the Pens first. Good Caps/Flyers game though. I was pulling for the Caps but at least we'll stop hearing about Ovechkin! He's a great guy and player, but sheesh... it's been Ovechkin this, Ovechkin that! Ovie, Ovie, Ovie! Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! :P

Now the real game and series begins...I fear it is going to kill my nerves!

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='kujo' post='1507112' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:22 PM']All I gotta say is...[/quote]

[img]http://media.canada.com/31a8f7dd-65a5-4524-b9b0-0aa93d9b3b89/041107gary.jpg[/img]

The beast is waiting to eat them alive! NOM NOM NOM! :evil:

[img]http://www.megacalendars.com/images/pittsburgh%20penguins%20.jpg[/img]

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Some interesting info about the Flyers:

[quote]The Philadelphia Flyers are a professional ice hockey team based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They are members of the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL). Part of the 1967 NHL Expansion, the Flyers were the first of these expansion teams to win the Stanley Cup in 1974 and again in 1975. Despite five return trips to the Stanley Cup Finals, the Flyers have not won the Cup since.

More recently, the team suffered the worst season in franchise history in 2006–07, finishing dead last in the NHL standings, as well as missing the playoffs for the first time since 1994. (It was only the 8th time they had failed to qualify for the playoffs in their history.) The Flyers all-time winning percentage of .576 (as of the end of the 2006–07 season) is the second best in the NHL, behind only the Montreal Canadiens .591 winning percentage.[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Flyers"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Flyers[/url]