An Old School Catholic Message Board

Game On, Hockey Fans

Ash Wednesday

wow Im shell shocked. we fell asleep after getting the 3 goal lead. Shouldn't be too surprising though, we blew 5 goal lead to Montreal earlier this year and lost.

Ash Wednesday

To be honest, earlier in the day I was expecting the Pens to win... but not like this. Nothing like this, nothing like coming from a 3 goal deficit. By the time Avery scored I figured the Pens were just scared of you guys and this was over. Go figure. If this game is ANY indication it will be a very interesting series. :unsure:

I'm proud of my Pens though. It gets tiring hearing everyone say they don't have it in them to play true playoff hockey, that they are too young and not hungry enough. I'm happy that they showed they have something in them when the going is tough. You couldn't really see that in round 1... I mean we were too busy killing the Sens the whole time.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

The penguins took care of Ottawa so quickly, I thought they had a first round bye :mellow:

I missed the game tonight though, silly work. I can't wait to watch Crosby and Malkin working their magic again, those 2 are phenomenal.

Ash Wednesday

Apparently the puck on Hossa's game-tying goal went THROUGH the SKATE of Gomez. As in[i] [b]through the gap between the boot part and the blade.[/b][/i] When I first heard about that, I thought that couldn't be right, and that just sounds absolutely crazy but both Penguins and Rangers fans noticed it. I mean....WHAT in the WORLD?????

[img]http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/skates/hockey/sktbauervaporvi.jpg[/img]

I would love to see some good footage of that goal. Even the angle he shot it from made it a pretty sick goal in itself.

I have to miss the Wings this afternoon since I'll be at work :sadder: I'll have to find the mini-tv and get it going, though it's not the same as the full on HD, at home.

JP2Iloveyou

[quote name='SaintOlaf' post='1510293' date='Apr 26 2008, 11:26 AM']I have to miss the Wings this afternoon since I'll be at work :sadder: I'll have to find the mini-tv and get it going, though it's not the same as the full on HD, at home.[/quote]

I also had to work last night. So, I missed the Pens game. Anyway, big win for Pittsburgh. You know Ash, at the end of the day, I don't think experience is that big of a factor. It comes into play a little, but really, it's about the talent on the ice. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, but the Pens just have so much raw talent. Take for instance, Jordan Staal. He's their third line center, by quite a large margin. On most other teams, he would be a top six forward though. The Malone, Malkin, Sykora line came up huge again. Also, kudos to Therrien for switching up the defensive pairings. I like the idea of putting Whitney and Letang together to generate a little more offense yet still having Scuderi and Gill to send out there against the Rangers' top lines.

Ash Wednesday

A lot of fans were really freaked out about pairing Letang with Whitney. But I figured they have film footage or other ways of analyzing the game that fans don't, so I just shrugged it off. I was wondering if it was in an effort to open up the game to be a high scoring offensive one rather than the tight games that the Rangers like to play -- but that guess starts getting into territory I'm not much of an authority on.

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1509423' date='Apr 25 2008, 08:55 AM']I was watching the Habs game streaming via internet and the connection cut out just before the end of the game and the goal. By the time things were up and running again the Habs had won! So I missed the last two goals because they happened so fast. D'oh![/quote]

OUCH!!!

You missed the best part of the game!

Better luck next time.

Ash Wednesday

[size=7][color="#FF0000"]HUGE[/color][/size] win for the Pens.

Think we can't play a low scoring defensive game and don't have goaltending? Flower Power with the SHUT OUT baby!!!

[img]http://www.steelerstuff.com/Images-p/10marcandrefleury.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dansdata.com/images/pens/pens1024.jpg[/img]

Pens win. Pens win.

Rangers got jobbed on that goal that was that wasn't, but those are the breaks sometimes.

I thought the end of game shenanigans between Fleury and Avery were hilarious. I wonder how Avery felt when he realized that he was between Hall and Laraque?

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='XIX' post='1511815' date='Apr 27 2008, 05:15 PM']I thought the end of game shenanigans between Fleury and Avery were hilarious. I wonder how Avery felt when he realized that he was between Hall and Laraque?[/quote]

Yeah that was hilarious. Man being the end of the game and all, the gloves were off and were they after him like nobody's business. LOLOLOL.

Rangers fans CAN NOT whine about last minute power plays in the 3rd period though. They got two of them in a row.

[quote]Rangers got jobbed on that goal that was that wasn't, but those are the breaks sometimes.[/quote]

Yeah some people are debating that one...but isn't the ref supposed to blow the whistle if they can't see the puck?

Edited by Ash Wednesday