Ash Wednesday Posted April 22, 2008 Author Posted April 22, 2008 All I know is that a lot of the fans on the Flyers boards are doing much weeping and gnashing of teeth. Maybe it's a Buttman marketing conspiracy unfolding to square Ovechkin off against Crosby.
Didacus Posted April 22, 2008 Posted April 22, 2008 Montreal pulls out and Boston goes golfing. Of course you do realize Montreal was only playing the dramatic side of the playoffs by letting things go to 7 games right? 5-0 in game 7, that is a strong win for the glorious Montreals! Yet they still had a riot after the game?! Some stupidities defy all explanations.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 22, 2008 Author Posted April 22, 2008 (edited) Um, yeah... the torched cars are not cool. They beat the freakin' BRUINS in seven games for crying out loud. They didn't win a friggin' Stanley Cup. All I know is that the sweep was fun, but going this long without some Pens playoff hockey really blows chunks. I'm dying to know who we will be playing next. I hope it's Washington. Pens seem to have a hard time with the Rangers, especially at MSG, though given we have home ice and enough depth I still believe in us if we play them. Jagr also has a thin skin about the Pens fans booing him when he has the puck. Henrik is a great goalie, but Fleury hasn't been a pushover, either. Oh yeah... go Calgary. Tonight's games aren't coming soon enough! Round 2 isn't coming soon enough! Edited April 22, 2008 by Ash Wednesday
Didacus Posted April 22, 2008 Posted April 22, 2008 I do agree. I'm looking forward for a conference final between Montreal and Pittsburg myself. Two young, hungry teams. They'll battle to the bitter end regardless of outcome.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 22, 2008 Author Posted April 22, 2008 You can bet I'd really enjoy watching the Canadiens thump the Rangers.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 23, 2008 Author Posted April 23, 2008 (edited) ...but that's not gonna happen this round (if at all...now I hope not!) The Blueshirts will have to get past the Pens first. Good Caps/Flyers game though. I was pulling for the Caps but at least we'll stop hearing about Ovechkin! He's a great guy and player, but sheesh... it's been Ovechkin this, Ovechkin that! Ovie, Ovie, Ovie! Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! Now the real game and series begins...I fear it is going to kill my nerves! Edited April 23, 2008 by Ash Wednesday
kujo Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 All I gotta say is... [img]http://www.megacalendars.com/images/ny%20rangers%20.jpg[/img]
Ash Wednesday Posted April 23, 2008 Author Posted April 23, 2008 (edited) [quote name='kujo' post='1507112' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:22 PM']All I gotta say is...[/quote] [img]http://media.canada.com/31a8f7dd-65a5-4524-b9b0-0aa93d9b3b89/041107gary.jpg[/img] The beast is waiting to eat them alive! NOM NOM NOM! [img]http://www.megacalendars.com/images/pittsburgh%20penguins%20.jpg[/img] Edited April 23, 2008 by Ash Wednesday
Paladin D Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 [b]FLYERS WIN! FLYERS WIN![/b] Next stop, the Canadiens!
Paladin D Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 Some interesting info about the Flyers: [quote]The Philadelphia Flyers are a professional ice hockey team based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They are members of the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL). Part of the 1967 NHL Expansion, the Flyers were the first of these expansion teams to win the Stanley Cup in 1974 and again in 1975. Despite five return trips to the Stanley Cup Finals, the Flyers have not won the Cup since. More recently, the team suffered the worst season in franchise history in 2006–07, finishing dead last in the NHL standings, as well as missing the playoffs for the first time since 1994. (It was only the 8th time they had failed to qualify for the playoffs in their history.) The Flyers all-time winning percentage of .576 (as of the end of the 2006–07 season) is the second best in the NHL, behind only the Montreal Canadiens .591 winning percentage.[/quote] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Flyers"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Flyers[/url]
SaintOlaf Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 Great pair of Game 7's last night, I was hoping that Calgary would be in the game a little more, but ultimately I'm happy that the Sharks won. No one ever wants to play Calgary after a series like that, they're scary.... Wings/Avs tomorrow night, can't wait!
Ash Wednesday Posted April 23, 2008 Author Posted April 23, 2008 I'm so glad the Wings and Avs are playing each other! That on top of the Pens and Rangers..this round is gonna be hardcore.
Azriel Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 (Ash - I've not been around, but I knew there was a reason I liked you!) GO WINGS, and puhleeze stick with Chris. [img]http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix/2005/08/09/sports/a009-osgood3-0805y_08-09-2005_KP7Q0GR.jpg[/img]
Didacus Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 [quote name='Paladin D' post='1507211' date='Apr 22 2008, 11:31 PM'][b]FLYERS WIN! FLYERS WIN![/b] Next stop, the Canadiens![/quote] It'll be your last!
XIX Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 The Sabres should move to Hartford, and the Red Wings should move to Buffalo. We can call them the Buffalo Wings. The Ice Landers can move to Detroit. Nobody cares about them. I concur about the Flyers losing in Montreal. But if Biron plays the way he played in game 7 last night, I think the Flyers could pull it off. But I don't think he will. I think he'll be average, the way he was in game 1-6. So Habs in five. Rangers in six, Sharks in seven, red Wings in seven. Them's the picks.
kujo Posted April 23, 2008 Posted April 23, 2008 Gonna be a good series. It will be the second time in '08 that a New York team will face a Pittsburgh team...the Super Bowl champion Giants will be playing the Steelers in October, I believe. Well, I mean, it could happen again...if somehow the Pirates become more than an embarassment to professional baseball.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 24, 2008 Author Posted April 24, 2008 Yay!!! Patty LaFontaine is on the Hockey Show!!!!! [url="http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=2"]http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=2[/url]
XIX Posted April 24, 2008 Posted April 24, 2008 LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FOOONNNN TAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now