An Old School Catholic Message Board

Game On, Hockey Fans

Ash Wednesday

I think Ottawa already sent their golf invitation to Boston's team. They need someone to play against this weekend.

[quote name='XIX' post='1501616' date='Apr 17 2008, 08:21 AM']I still say Mats Sundin could take any of them in hockey.[/quote]

Mats Sundin impressed me immensely during the 2002 and 2006 Olympics. He's been one of my favorite players since then. I hope he keeps playing for several years to come.

[quote name='XIX' post='1501625' date='Apr 17 2008, 08:31 AM']He's great. He just happens to be on the Leafs, which currently has terrible management.[/quote]

And his hockey skills are not his best skills either. He's a gentlemen, an ambassador of hockey, and much more that I wish we would see more often in hockey players. A true captain to say the least.

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Didacus' post='1501650' date='Apr 17 2008, 10:07 AM']And his hockey skills are not his best skills either. He's a gentlemen, an ambassador of hockey, and much more that I wish we would see more often in hockey players. A true captain to say the least.[/quote]

You guys did see this hilarious sequel to the hockey sweater story by Roch Carrier, right?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-k4Wzj8bso"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-k4Wzj8bso[/url]

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

No I hadn't seen that sequel. I don't get out of th house much.

Did anyone notice how limp Montreal played that third period yesterday? PeeWees could have beaten them. Pathetic - ALL of them. They deserve to be eliminated by Boston in my opinion.

I feel shame right now, much much shame.

They'll be better in game five. Good teams follow up embarrassments with good performances, usually. Plus, they get the big Montreal crowd behind them.

[quote name='XIX' post='1502660' date='Apr 18 2008, 12:02 PM']They'll be better in game five. Good teams follow up embarrassments with good performances, usually. Plus, they get the big Montreal crowd behind them.[/quote]

Actually they are up to game six, leading the games 3-2. Back to Boston tomorrow.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Huh. Arite, they'll be better in game six I guess.

Bottom line I just don't see that Habs losing a game 7 in that series, if it gets to that. But who knows?

My Stars should finish off Anaheim tonight. I'm going to try and watch some of the game but a 930 pm start makes it hard to get up and go to work at 4.