An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Colorado Is The Best Place To Live

fides quarens intellectum

113. Denver even has a soccer team, the Colorado Rapids, and a lacrosse team, Colorado Mammoth.

114. The first license plate on a car in the United States was issued in Denver, Colorado in 1908.

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1538972' date='May 23 2008, 01:59 PM']because we're going to Denver tonight, and as i was looking up the Ethiopian restaurant, i came across some cool things.[/quote]whatev.

:mellow:

I know your game.

<_<

You're trying to make it impossible for me to ever catch up to your post count.

:huh:

115. Ooh - this one's really cool - Denver's population is 557,917; 2.4 million for the Metro area. That's it. That's the biggest city in Colorado.

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1538978' date='May 23 2008, 02:01 PM']whatev. I know your game. You're trying to make it impossible for me to ever catch up to your post count.[/quote]

You're just jealous that you don't get to go eat Ethiopian with us tonight. Admit it.

116. The first U.S. gold and silver coins minted at the Denver Mint in 1906.

117. Gold discovered in Idaho Springs, near Denver, on January 7, 1859.

118. Elitch Gardens, in Denver, is like a mini-Six flags, or a stationary carnival.

121. Denver's known as the Mile-High city. Even though i live South of Denver, because it is lower in elevation, people here talk about going "Down to Denver."

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1538981' date='May 23 2008, 02:05 PM']You're just jealous that you don't get to go eat Ethiopian with us tonight. Admit it.[/quote]I think the last time I had Ethiopian was with you in ATL... :sadder:

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1539018' date='May 23 2008, 02:41 PM']I think the last time I had Ethiopian was with you in ATL... :sadder:[/quote]

mmm... tasty. The last time i had it was in the ATL with our mutual friend, during my Bronx winter break.

It was really hard to pick where to go tonight - there were so many to pick from, and a lot of helpful reviews online.

122. Denver has five Ethiopian restaurants; Aurora has one also.

Edited by fides quarens intellectum

124. Wait - it's sunny out again. That was it? You call that a storm?