kafka Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 213. I used to live there, hence my love affair with Aspen trees
missionseeker Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 214. Pike's Peak inspired America's national hymn. (not be confused with the national anthem)
XIX Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1615743' date='Aug 2 2008, 01:04 PM']m confused, are you agreeing that it's the best state BECAUSE you don't live there? Otr just THAT you don't live there? Do you have something against Colorado????? Huh? huh? huh? [/quote] It's best best state because I don't live there. Just a little opportunistic self deprecation. Although that really should have been reason 19...or reason XIX!!! See, the state would be ruined by my sense of humor.
kafka Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 oh woops, yeah I think she wrote it on the top of Pike's Peak
dominicansoul Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 ...never been there.... .....but probably will visit someday before i leave this green earth!
missionseeker Posted August 2, 2008 Posted August 2, 2008 [quote name='XIX' post='1615808' date='Aug 2 2008, 12:49 PM']It's best best state because I don't live there. Just a little opportunistic self deprecation. Although that really should have been reason 19...or reason XIX!!! See, the state would be ruined by my sense of humor.[/quote] I laughed...
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 4, 2008 Author Posted August 4, 2008 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1615531' date='Aug 1 2008, 09:45 PM'] (though I am not sure what a swamp cooler is) but [/quote] swamp coolers put moisture into the air, cooling a house down. Wouldn't work in teh Southeast. 212. The end of our quick summer heat wave is today - high of 91. Tomorrow, it returns to the high 70s/low 80s.
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 4, 2008 Author Posted August 4, 2008 (submissions for #213 & 214 stay) 215. As Missionseeker pointed out in here "I Miss Colorado thread:" QUOTE(The Bus Station @ May 1 2008, 04:43 PM) North Carolina is a lush green paradise beyond your wildest dreams. [quote name='missionseeker' post='1615995' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:15 PM']it's got nothin' on Colorado.[/quote]
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 4, 2008 Author Posted August 4, 2008 216. Seriously - who needs chocolate? [quote name='missionseeker' post='1615995' date='Aug 2 2008, 04:15 PM']Could be... but apparently, it's been proven that the Rockies release endorphins similar to the ones chocolate releases...[/quote]
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 5, 2008 Author Posted August 5, 2008 [quote name='icelandic_iceskater' post='1617285' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:47 PM']217. It's the humble abode of FQI[/quote] 218. the short heat wave is over - high in the low 80s today - it is gorgeous out.
missionseeker Posted August 5, 2008 Posted August 5, 2008 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1616950' date='Aug 4 2008, 11:27 AM']216. Seriously - who needs chocolate?[/quote] I know, right! [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1618019' date='Aug 5 2008, 11:54 AM'] 218. the short heat wave is over - high in the low 80s today - it is gorgeous out.[/quote] STILL--- 40 degress cooler than here.
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 7, 2008 Author Posted August 7, 2008 219. High of 69 today; cloudy; chance of storms. Ahhh - it is August. 220. biking down bike paths at 30 m.p.h. - somehow way more fun than hitting 30 on the road, and even better with the mountains as a backdrop.
missionseeker Posted August 7, 2008 Posted August 7, 2008 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1620485' date='Aug 7 2008, 04:53 PM']219. High of 69 today; cloudy; chance of storms. Ahhh - it is August. 220. biking down bike paths at 30 m.p.h. - somehow way more fun than hitting 30 on the road, and even better with the mountains as a backdrop.[/quote] *turns green with jealousy* our low... was probably 97.
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 7, 2008 Author Posted August 7, 2008 sorry. 221. the colors of the mountains in the morning: yesterday, we had low clouds with peach colored peaks above them. Today, same thing with low clouds, except they were the brightest white i'd ever seen.
XIX Posted August 7, 2008 Posted August 7, 2008 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1615813' date='Aug 2 2008, 01:52 PM']I laughed...[/quote]
fides quarens intellectum Posted August 8, 2008 Author Posted August 8, 2008 222. [quote name='missionseeker' post='1621148' date='Aug 8 2008, 12:57 AM']When I was in Colorado, I felt so much peace and clam- I didn't even know that it was possible to feel like that.[/quote]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now