An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Colorado Is The Best Place To Live

fides quarens intellectum

allow me to rephrase:

164. Texans vacation here, fall in love with the place, then move here.

Winchester

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1549864' date='May 30 2008, 06:51 PM']allow me to rephrase:

164. Texans vacation here, fall in love with the place, then move here.[/quote]Allow me to rephrase:
164. Not typically.

Really? Most of the people who move here from other states come from California and Texas.

Winchester

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1549874' date='May 30 2008, 06:57 PM']Really? Most of the people who move here from other states come from California and Texas.[/quote]
But it's not typical. Most Texans go there and come back. I'm being nitpicky.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1549878' date='May 30 2008, 05:59 PM']But it's not typical. Most Texans go there and come back. I'm being nitpicky.[/quote]

They go back until they can afford to move! :P :))

Winchester

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1549882' date='May 30 2008, 07:01 PM']They go back until they can afford to move! :P :))[/quote]
I've heard it's overpriced.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1549888' date='May 30 2008, 06:05 PM']I've heard it's overpriced.[/quote]That's what they told you so you would stay in Texas.

[quote name='tgoldson' post='1551975' date='Jun 1 2008, 03:16 AM']That's what they told you so you would stay in Texas.[/quote]

:lol_roll:

dominicansoul

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1549864' date='May 30 2008, 05:51 PM']allow me to rephrase:

164. Texans vacation here, fall in love with the place, then move here.[/quote]

GREAT! More of this to keep to ourselves!!!

[img]http://dustydavis.com/blogimages/spring07/big_bend_chisos_range.jpg[/img]

Big Bend

[img]http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles22259.jpg[/img]

Martindale, TX

[img]http://www.bio.txstate.edu/~cnice/dork%204.jpg[/img]

The Backbone in San Marcos, TX

I'd love it if whole droves of people decided to move from Texas to Colorado....yup....that would be excellent....!!

Edited by dominicansoul

too bad pictures don't convey things like smells, weather, humidity, pressure, etc.

I do like the last picture of the hill country, though.

165. It's hurricane season, and i don't have to get a pack together like tgoldson.

Roamin Catholic

So, sarah and i listed Colorado as one of the places we would be willing to live...The only other state west of the Mississippi was Alaska

dominicansoul

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' post='1552935' date='Jun 1 2008, 04:52 PM']too bad pictures don't convey things like smells, weather, humidity, pressure, etc.

I do like the last picture of the hill country, though.[/quote]

Are you saying Texas smells bad??? Them's fighting words....I challenge you to an indoor hockey game!!!

Come to think of it, ....with all the cow manure...It could smell pretty bad downwind....but to me...that's the best perfume in the world....!!!
:lol_roll:

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' post='1553107' date='Jun 1 2008, 05:39 PM']So, sarah and i listed Colorado as one of the places we would be willing to live...The only other state west of the Mississippi was Alaska[/quote]

:clap:

We could use a few more Wings fans here!!! (i say a few because i am confident in your powers of hockey proselytizing). i went to two of the Avs games this year, and there were a lot of red shirts/jerseys in the house.

Seriously, though - have you guys ever been here?