An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Twilight Thread...

pan!c139

Twilight?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1706244' date='Nov 20 2008, 06:46 PM']have fun!
stay safe!

I personally need to start preparations for The Hobbit! :topsy:
pAx~[/quote]

AYE!!! The Hobbit! WOOO!!!

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1707382' date='Nov 21 2008, 03:45 PM']I just have mixed feelings about the movie. :annoyed:

[spoiler]I knew going in it wouldn't follow the book exactly, but I had some issues with the lack of temper Bella showed, the lack of temper Edward had when Bella "lost control" during kissing and the whole rushing of the movie in general.

I don't think they made their relationship credible onscreen as much as I would have liked. It's like they went from A to M and skipped everything in between. However, I did think it was good.

And teenage girls were dressed like Bella in thier prom dresses, but totally missed the shoe and the sweater with thier dresses. [/spoiler]

Overall, it was good. A little too slow at times (in comparison to the book, which moved pretty quickly) but it was alright. I wasn't totally happy with it but I wasn't totally bummed out either.

And if you haven't read Midnight Sun, you should. It helped me like Edward's character a bit more since I didn't like him at all in book one to a certain extent.[/quote]

I agree, overall it was good. I was really annoyed with the actor who played James (HE WAS TERRIBLE) but otherwise, everyone else was either adequate or perfect.

YOU READ MIDNIGHT SUN!?!?! HOW!?!

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1708895' date='Nov 23 2008, 05:43 PM']I just picked up the first book today... gonna start reading it in a bit! :)[/quote]

My mom started reading it about a week ago and now she's on the third book :)

Decent Films had a review of the film/series. The critic is a catholic.

[url="http://www.decentfilms.com/sections/articles/twilight.html"]http://www.decentfilms.com/sections/articles/twilight.html[/url]

One of my current suitemates in college has read part of Midnight Sun and said that it was creepy because you read about Edward's thirst for her blood and desire to kill her. Though she still said it was good. She thought that it would be monotonous because its the same story as book one but it really wasn't.

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1718431' date='Dec 4 2008, 12:47 AM']One of my current suitemates in college has read part of Midnight Sun and said that it was creepy because you read about Edward's thirst for her blood and desire to kill her. Though she still said it was good. She thought that it would be monotonous because its the same story as book one but it really wasn't.[/quote]

I've only read Twilight but reading the rest of the series as soon as my sister's copies are done being read by those borrowing them. I loved Twilight, the book, as well as the movie, which I saw today. It's just fun-vampires, teenage romance, stylization-good times. -Katie

Does anyone else think its funny that its referred to as the Twilight series, even though Twilight is just the name of the first book?

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1720943' date='Dec 6 2008, 04:16 PM']Does anyone else think its funny that its referred to as the Twilight series, even though Twilight is just the name of the first book?[/quote]

Yeah I guess it kind of is! -Katie

just seen it last friday i would give it 3 stars out of five. it started getting decent to fairly good just when i was about to give up on it. i liked the baseball part, that was pretty cool. overall i guess a decent movie.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1717592' date='Dec 3 2008, 03:46 PM']My mom started reading it about a week ago and now she's on the third book :)[/quote]

Yeah, so, I started reading November 23, like I said I was going to, and am now half way through the third book. That's dragging it out, even!... because I know I'm going to be sad when I'm through reading the entire Saga... but it's just so hard to put the books down! When I picked up the first book, I had no idea what I was in for, obviously! lol

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1726285' date='Dec 11 2008, 09:18 PM']just seen it last friday i would give it 3 stars out of five. it started getting decent to fairly good just when i was about to give up on it. i liked the baseball part, that was pretty cool. overall i guess a decent movie.[/quote]

yeah the baseball part was most def my fav ^_^

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1726365' date='Dec 12 2008, 12:23 AM']Yeah, so, I started reading November 23, like I said I was going to, and am now half way through the third book. That's dragging it out, even!... because I know I'm going to be sad when I'm through reading the entire Saga... but it's just so hard to put the books down! When I picked up the first book, I had no idea what I was in for, obviously! lol[/quote]

Haha! I was really sad when I was finished with the series! it's like giving up a friend...almost...:unsure:

xTrishaxLynnx

Just finished the third book very early this morning. They seem to be getting progressively better. I was quite impressed with this one, but did anyone think it ended kind of abruptly??

[spoiler]It was like ... about to get ready for the wedding... BAM! The end.[/spoiler]

I'm not in too much of a hurry to pick up the fourth and final book because I know I wont be able to put it down once I do.

• 1 month later...

Started reading "Breaking Dawn" but stopped because of how disturbing it was getting, especially with that favor that Edward asked of Jacob to do for Bella.

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1728678' date='Dec 15 2008, 03:18 PM']Just finished the third book very early this morning. They seem to be getting progressively better. I was quite impressed with this one, but did anyone think it ended kind of abruptly??

[spoiler]It was like ... about to get ready for the wedding... BAM! The end.[/spoiler]

I'm not in too much of a hurry to pick up the fourth and final book because I know I wont be able to put it down once I do.[/quote]

Heh...yeah. :rolleyes:

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1758907' date='Jan 22 2009, 07:28 PM']Started reading "Breaking Dawn" but stopped because of how disturbing it was getting, especially with that favor that Edward asked of Jacob to do for Bella.[/quote]

I don't remember the favor...:unsure:

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1759290' date='Jan 23 2009, 12:49 PM']Heh...yeah. :rolleyes:

I don't remember the favor...:unsure:[/quote]

[spoiler]Asking for Jacob to convince Bella to abort the baby and to have a child with him instead so that Bella could still be a mother.[/spoiler]

Edited by tinytherese