An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Twilight Thread...

pan!c139

Twilight?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1704463' date='Nov 19 2008, 12:05 AM']you're just hiding the fact that you secretly love the books :P[/quote]

I was forced to endure a 2 hour lecture on the books the other day as I was on a road trip with my friend Vanessa. Needless to say...I heard all I needed to know that I am NOT interested.

*sigh* i was the same way. but you need to read it to not hate it. trust me, you;ll change your mind while at the same time getting everyone off your back about not reading it! :))

and believe me, once you walk out of theatres, you will admit you liked it. then you'll read it. then you'll have MAJOR brownie points with any girlfriend lol. ^_^

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1704597' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:22 AM']and believe me, once you walk out of theatres, you will admit you liked it. then you'll read it. then you'll have MAJOR brownie points with any girlfriend lol. ^_^[/quote]

i'm with still kujo on this one.

:no:

Edited by rachael

midnight screening tonight.

i do hope they convey the fact that Edward really wants to kill her the first time he meets Bella.

haha. it should be interesting.

princessgianna

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1704878' date='Nov 19 2008, 04:58 PM']suit yourself. i'm going to enjoy myself THOROUGHLY at the theatre. :yahoo:[/quote]
have fun!
stay safe!

I personally need to start preparations for The Hobbit! :topsy:
pAx~

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1705947' date='Nov 20 2008, 04:15 PM']midnight screening tonight.

i do hope they convey the fact that Edward really wants to kill her the first time he meets Bella.

haha. it should be interesting.[/quote]

Creepy. Interesting first meeting isn't it? :lol_roll:

[quote name='pan!c139' post='1704597' date='Nov 19 2008, 05:22 AM']and believe me, once you walk out of theatres, you will admit you liked it. then you'll read it. then you'll have MAJOR brownie points with any girlfriend lol. ^_^[/quote]

I have found that being more than nominally conversant with "girlie things" is a good way to get placed in the friend zone. If that sounds jerky, I'm sorry. Kind of in a "why don't girls like me" mood.

I just have mixed feelings about the movie. :annoyed:

[spoiler]I knew going in it wouldn't follow the book exactly, but I had some issues with the lack of temper Bella showed, the lack of temper Edward had when Bella "lost control" during kissing and the whole rushing of the movie in general.

I don't think they made their relationship credible onscreen as much as I would have liked. It's like they went from A to M and skipped everything in between. However, I did think it was good.

And teenage girls were dressed like Bella in thier prom dresses, but totally missed the shoe and the sweater with thier dresses. [/spoiler]

Overall, it was good. A little too slow at times (in comparison to the book, which moved pretty quickly) but it was alright. I wasn't totally happy with it but I wasn't totally bummed out either.

And if you haven't read Midnight Sun, you should. It helped me like Edward's character a bit more since I didn't like him at all in book one to a certain extent.

Excelsior1027

[quote name='Winchester' post='1707495' date='Nov 21 2008, 08:16 PM']Harry Potter and Twilight: Leading the charge against literature.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

[quote name='Winchester' post='1707495' date='Nov 21 2008, 09:16 PM']Harry Potter and Twilight: Leading the charge against literature.[/quote]
oh girl, you did not just insult harry potter! :annoyed: