An Old School Catholic Message Board

Heresy...at Church?!

HisChildForever

its not just the dressing in long skirts, its the fact they call it a sin to dress in anything but a long skirt...and girls aren't allowed to swim in anything thats much more revealing than a wetsuit with a skirt. That the MUST wear it. If a women wants to do it, so be it, but forcing a girl to wear skirts in the heat of the summer, and stinging cold of winter when they have no say is wrong. Pants are not evil. And there not going to be lesbians if they wear them. Believe me, they are taught as such.

Its the protesting with infants or small children when its snowing outside. I don't find anythin wrong with an adult peaceful protest, but I think that under no circumstances should a child, (espcally one under the age of reason) be encouraged or permitted to protest.

And like I said in my first post its the "pokemon/pogs/disney...insert whatever is poplular...is the work of the devil" mindset. The complete isolation from reality. I'm not saying they should go out and read cozmo but being able to know something occuring in the world outside would be nice.

When I was in catholic school, our basketball team played a team from a evangelical christian school. Their girls wore long culottes instead of shorts (this was back when basketball uniforms had short shorts). They looked pretty silly, but played really tough. I've never had that many people dare throw an elbow at me. Granted they only did it once, but I had to admire their willingness to elbow an enforcer. It was like they were trying to prove something because they felt so silly.

[quote name='Autumn Dusk' post='1667174' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:01 PM']its not just the dressing in long skirts, its the fact they call it a sin to dress in anything but a long skirt...and girls aren't allowed to swim in anything thats much more revealing than a wetsuit with a skirt. That the MUST wear it. If a women wants to do it, so be it, but forcing a girl to wear skirts in the heat of the summer, and stinging cold of winter when they have no say is wrong. Pants are not evil. And there not going to be lesbians if they wear them. Believe me, they are taught as such.

Its the protesting with infants or small children when its snowing outside. I don't find anythin wrong with an adult peaceful protest, but I think that under no circumstances should a child, (espcally one under the age of reason) be encouraged or permitted to protest.

And like I said in my first post its the "pokemon/pogs/disney...insert whatever is poplular...is the work of the devil" mindset. The complete isolation from reality. I'm not saying they should go out and read cozmo but being able to know something occuring in the world outside would be nice.[/quote]

heresay, generalization, and exaggeration. i used to think the same as you, then i realized what the real reality was. you don't have to know a thing about the evils of the world if you want to live a holy life. it's evil, and there will always be evil. nothing new there. knowledge of what is "popular" is completely unnecessary. if a family chooses to raise their kids to a higher moral standard which you can't relate to or understand, leave it at that. to criticize so negatively is just uncharitable.

anywho, off topic. everyone is at a different point in their spiritual journey and in a different state of life. some desire to take their spirituality to another level, some choose to remain where they are in certain things. all i know is, God says to continually grow in holiness and convert. the moment you are comfortable, you are already dead.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1667124' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:27 PM']Simply put, because I am suspicious of all Catholic school abuse stories. I have heard some really impressive stories about classrooms, THAT I WAS SITTING IN AT THE TIME IT "HAPPENED".[/quote]

Okay. Let me run and go tell my parents that. I'm sure they've lied to me.

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1667319' date='Oct 1 2008, 12:00 AM']Okay. Let me run and go tell my parents that. I'm sure they've lied to me.[/quote]

:mellow: yeah, somehow the entire board has been deceived by trusted authority figures in their lives. Dad's best friend obviously self inflicted his childhood Catholic school wounds. :rolleyes:

I think the public vs catholic school debate varies from place to place, since the catholic school in one place may be the better option, or vice versa

The next person irl who insults homeschoolers is going to get a right hook to his jaw :)

Edited by notardillacid

princessgianna

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1666392' date='Sep 29 2008, 04:32 PM']Priest should get up from the pulpit and tell their parish members that they are OBLIGED to send there children to Catholic school. I would prefer that they do what they used to and delare it a mortal sin not to,[/quote]
but it ISN"T a mortal sin! and that would be great! Catholic school is so expansive only the rich can afford it !! What is a mortal sin is to afford Catholic Education is go on the Pill and not be open to life! My Catholic School experience-bad! The children made fun of my family because my parents have more than 2 kids! The Public School experience-my mom got a card from the school congratulating her on her newborn baby! The Catholic school -"you had another one?!?!?!?" with no support! My sister was not accepted at the Catholic school-because she had leaning disability the public school-they accepted her and out of "hey lets see what we can do " and they were so sweet to talk and was so nice to my sister and they wanted to help her learn! My Public school experience-awesome! we did not always agree but we accepted each other regardless of religious beliefs!

The public school was WAY more Christ like than the Catholic school ever hopes to be!

I would like to see reform! very much so! but Catholic schools aren't what they used to be!

princessgianna

[quote name='Excelsior1027' post='1666238' date='Sep 29 2008, 10:21 AM']That's what I was going to say. I've been home-schooled all my life, and now that I take my faith seriously, I'm ever thankful to my parents for making that decision. I can honestly say I have no desire to go to a public, private, or Catholic school.[/quote]
i went to Public then when the Catholic school had room i changed schools! i so regretted it! :sadder:
now i am being homeschooled and loving every minute of it! :love:
though if i had to choose for some random reason and the Catholic Schools around me stayed the same-i would pick Public! sad i agree but true!

Edited by princessgianna

+J.M.J.+
i think what it comes down to is personal experience. some peeps have a great experience with their CS - others don't. to discount one or the other as wrong, it's just silly. :hippie:

princessgianna

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1667376' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:43 PM']+J.M.J.+
i think what it comes down to is personal experience. some peeps have a great experience with their CS - others don't. to discount one or the other as wrong, it's just silly. :hippie:[/quote]
thanks for pointing that out! I am sorry if what i said seemed to harsh! it has been my personal experience. I honestly would love to see the Catholic school reform and with the help of that one order JPll started i see hope! Pax- :))

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1667376' date='Oct 1 2008, 12:43 AM']+J.M.J.+
i think what it comes down to is personal experience. some peeps have a great experience with their CS - others don't. to discount one or the other as wrong, it's just silly. :hippie:[/quote]

iawtc and the hippie mod smilie.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='HisChildForever' post='1667319' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:00 PM']Okay. Let me run and go tell my parents that. I'm sure they've lied to me.[/quote]

okay, you do that, then maybe they can read the rest of the post and if they want to talk to me about it I will happly do so.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1667359' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:29 PM']but it ISN"T a mortal sin! and that would be great! Catholic school is so expansive only the rich can afford it !! What is a mortal sin is to afford Catholic Education is go on the Pill and not be open to life! My Catholic School experience-bad! The children made fun of my family because my parents have more than 2 kids! The Public School experience-my mom got a card from the school congratulating her on her newborn baby! The Catholic school -"you had another one?!?!?!?" with no support! My sister was not accepted at the Catholic school-because she had leaning disability the public school-they accepted her and out of "hey lets see what we can do " and they were so sweet to talk and was so nice to my sister and they wanted to help her learn! My Public school experience-awesome! we did not always agree but we accepted each other regardless of religious beliefs!

The public school was WAY more Christ like than the Catholic school ever hopes to be!

I would like to see reform! very much so! but Catholic schools aren't what they used to be![/quote]

I assure you my family was not rich please see above post. I am not rich, I drive a 1977 dodge pickup with holes in the floor board, when my children ride with me I have to make sure that nothing they are not holding anything they really care about, it has to be in a bag or something because if they drop it it could literally fall out of the bottom of my truck and be gone forever. I fix my own cars I roofed my own house, I wear old cloths, I live in a small house "on the edge of the hood", my son goes to Catholic school, no financial aid, you don't have to be rich, you just have to have priorities.

AS for the flaws of your Catholic School, well make no mistake, I think that the Priest should be cleaning house there as well.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='BG45' post='1667340' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:14 PM']:mellow: yeah, somehow the entire board has been deceived by trusted authority figures in their lives. Dad's best friend obviously self inflicted his childhood Catholic school wounds. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Not what I said. Please go read the entire post.

That said, yeah I have known a tremendous number of people who lied to their children about all kinds of things.

Did I ever tell you about the time one of my students found out she was adopted while we were studying genetics? 14 years of being lied to.

Edited by Don John of Austria

Don John of Austria

I have noticed a disturbing trend on these boards... people ask for evidence, recieve evidence and then pretend that such evidence was not presented. They then move on to something to nit-pick at and attack rather than respond to the evidence.

Interesting.