• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laetitia crucis

• OnlySunshine

• dominicansoul

• HisChild

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I was in RL the best breakfast ever was on Sundays, - sausages, breakfast potatoes and scrambled eggs. On BIG Feastdays we also were served bacon and tomatoes. The worst ever - lambs brains

We had a sister visiting us from a very poor country, and her community can only afford to eat ice-cream once a year. We occasionally have ice-cream on feast days, but when we found that out, plus how

Although there was nothing wrong with the food itself, this was one of our more memorable meals: It was one of our first mornings in Paris. A nice box of corn flakes came down the table because, aft

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='12 November 2009 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1258081739' post='2001716']
i am missing the brown sugar covered brussel sprouts we seemed to have had almost everyday in Ann Arbor...
[/quote]

Ok, that sounds really nasty. My stomach is revolting already.

[quote name='HisChild' date='12 November 2009 - 10:43 PM' timestamp='1258083839' post='2001754']
Ok, that sounds really nasty. My stomach is revolting already.
[/quote]
..it does sound nasty...but plain brussel sprouts are nasty enough...the brown sugar did the trick.... :)

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='12 November 2009 - 08:45 PM' timestamp='1258083950' post='2001757']
..it does sound nasty...but plain brussel sprouts are nasty enough...the brown sugar did the trick.... :)
[/quote]

This is true enough.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Shana' date='28 January 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1264709655' post='2046561']
I've just visited the Daughters of St. Paul in Alexandria VA, and the food was good! Sr. Margaret Micheal (vocation directress) loves to cook! And one night we got an authentic Phillipino meal!
[/quote]

Did you get have pansit? And casava cake? :drool: I love Philipino cooking!

[quote name='laetitia crucis' date='28 January 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1264709857' post='2046570']
Did you get have pansit? And casava cake? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/drool.gif[/img] I love Philipino cooking!
[/quote]

lumpia YUM.

[quote name='Muus' date='29 January 2010 - 04:02 PM' timestamp='1264798936' post='2047414']
The worst:
A sister once had a frozen chicken in the microwave to thaw his highest position. It smelled a stinking corpse. I really couldn't eat. That was my biggest nightmare and thought what the hell did I get in there. :duh:
[/quote]
:lol_roll:

I used to live with Polish Sisters, and the fare was interesting...

the first dinner with kiolbasa made me sick to my stomach, because they ate theirs raw...

and then, there was that yummy treat of vegetables and chicken pieces gelatized in a cup... (don't remember the name...sounds kinda gross...looked really gross...but was delicious!)

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='29 January 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1264803373' post='2047446']
have any of you watched "Bizarre ffod with Andrew Zimmern"
[url="http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bizarre_Foods"]http://www.travelcha...s/Bizarre_Foods[/url]

At the Visitation they had Liver, thank god I didn't HAVE to eat it.
[/quote]

It's really, really hard for me to believe that the Lord intended for us to eat liver.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sadder.gif[/img]

[quote name='brightsadness' date='31 January 2010 - 07:20 AM' timestamp='1264884607' post='2047851']
It's really, really hard for me to believe that the Lord intended for us to eat liver.[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sadder.gif[/img]
[/quote]

.........or kidney and lamb's brains :sadder:

Edited by BarbaraTherese
Ephrem Augustine

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='13 January 2009 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1231864498' post='1750163']
[b]The very worst:[/b]

EEL in kabayaki sauce

yup. it looked worse than it tasted. it wasn't so much the taste of it (it tasted like fish) it was the slimy way it felt....like you had just placed a live snake in your mouth!

[/quote]

mmm
unagi
dragon maki
i think that when eel is served as sushi it is usually a bit more dry, i have never had slimy eel. I wonder what the secret is out of all the good eel sushi i have had