An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Spirituality Are You Drawn To The Most?

InHisLove726

Spirituality  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Benedictines in the lead !! .............I suspect that this is going to be a close race.!!!

Edited by Jennirom

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811380' date='Mar 19 2009, 05:31 AM']I have patience :detective: In the end....you will see who emerges triumphant!! :lol_roll:[/quote]

The FATHER of Western Monastcism, OUR HOLY FATHER St. Benedict, smiles upon you Puella!

:dance:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='osapientia' post='1811393' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:26 PM']The FATHER of Western Monastcism, OUR HOLY FATHER St. Benedict, smiles upon you Puella!

:dance:[/quote]

OSap I keep on missing your posts :sadder:

St. Benedict, pray for us! (and get a whole load of people to vote for you too, so that your Rule can, like rule) :smokey:

Just remember: the bestest Confiteor in all Creation has the words "and to our holy father St. Benedict" in it :))

puellapaschalis

[quote name='stlmom' post='1811417' date='Mar 19 2009, 02:44 PM']Benedictine to the core! :bow:[/quote]

This is like our own little w00t-off, isn't it :topsy:

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811416' date='Mar 19 2009, 09:38 AM']OSap I keep on missing your posts :sadder:

St. Benedict, pray for us! (and get a whole load of people to vote for you too, so that your Rule can, like rule) :smokey:

Just remember: the bestest Confiteor in all Creation has the words "and to our holy father St. Benedict" in it :))[/quote]

AMEN!

Edited by osapientia

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811394' date='Mar 19 2009, 07:27 AM']The votes for "Cistercians" and so on should really be counted with Benedictines ;)[/quote]

This is particularly true of the Camaldolese since they are OSB.Cam....you notice of course, the Benedictine part comes FIRST.

:lol_roll:

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811394' date='Mar 19 2009, 05:27 AM']The votes for "Cistercians" and so on should really be counted with Benedictines ;)[/quote]

Another mistake on my part! :wacko:

Edited by InHisLove726

InHisLove726

[quote name='osapientia' post='1811463' date='Mar 19 2009, 09:33 AM']This is particularly true of the Camaldolese since they are OSB.Cam....you notice of course, the Benedictine part comes FIRST.

:lol_roll:[/quote]

Grrrrrr....I knew that...Why did I make a separate category!?!? :annoyed:

FiereMargriet

Up until very recently I would have said Carmelite...then I visited some Dominicans and read about their spirituality. Now I'm firmly on St. Dominic's side! I like the whole Rule of St. Augustine idea of becoming holy together.

The Carmelites are all right too though ;)
And I like how both the OCDs and the OPs have strong Marian devotion!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1811416' date='Mar 19 2009, 06:38 AM']Just remember: the bestest Confiteor in all Creation has the words "and to our holy father St. Benedict" in it :))[/quote]

Now, isn't that interesting? The Carmelite Confiteor has the words "and to our Holy Mother St Teresa" in it! I didn't know that different orders changed it, but it makes sense. I mean, I knew that not everyone prayed it with the words to St Teresa, but didn't know that other orders added their own saints in as well. Neat.

[quote name='nunsense' post='1811634' date='Mar 19 2009, 03:43 PM']Now, isn't that interesting? The Carmelite Confiteor has the words "and to our Holy Mother St Teresa" in it! I didn't know that different orders changed it, but it makes sense. I mean, I knew that not everyone prayed it with the words to St Teresa, but didn't know that other orders added their own saints in as well. Neat.[/quote]
Yes, but guess who had it FIRST??? In fact, guess who was FIRST overall????

OK OK, don't hit me please.....it's just the simple truth. They don't call Guess Who the FATHER of somethin for nothin. :banana: :kiss:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='osapientia' post='1811643' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:51 PM']Yes, but guess who had it FIRST??? In fact, guess who was FIRST overall????

OK OK, don't hit me please.....it's just the simple truth. They don't call Guess Who the FATHER of somethin for nothin. :banana: :kiss:[/quote]

Ok, don't YOU hit me now, but first doesn't always mean best. The first computer in the world is not the best today now, is it? :topsy: The reason that there are so many orders today is that God saw a need for different charisms and used different saints to fulfill this need.

That being said, I love St Benedict (and St Scholastica -- and I wear a Benedictine crucifix)) and yes, Benedict [u]is [/u]the Father of Monasticism - that is agreed. Just as St Teresa and St John of the Cross are the spiritual parents of [u]mysticism [/u]in the Church (both Doctors of the Church as well, by the way).

But then who is competing :lol_roll: They are all HOLY! :saint:

PS -- I adore St Thomas Aquinas by the way --- so Dominicans have a very special place in my heart too. He just speaks to my mind - and I love him for making the incomprehensible all so understandable.

Edited by nunsense