An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Spirituality Are You Drawn To The Most?

InHisLove726

Spirituality  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1824450' date='Apr 4 2009, 04:16 PM']LOL, now you're talking! :D[/quote]

UHMMMM--- EXCUSE ME?

Dear Nunsense and InHisLove,

I know we're so quiet and demure that you might not think we would comment on such outrageous postings....but, let me just say that WE (you KNOW who we are) ARE STILL OUT HERE.....

nunsense :club: inhislove

Running and ducking,
Pax

AccountDeleted

[quote name='osapientia' post='1824517' date='Apr 4 2009, 04:13 PM']UHMMMM--- EXCUSE ME?

I know we're so quiet and demure that you might not think we would comment on such outrageous postings....but, let me just say that WE (you KNOW who we are) ARE STILL OUT HERE.....

Running and ducking,
Pax[/quote]

quiet and demure = :club:

???????????????????????????????????????

What is wrong with this picture?? Are both sides of the equation balanced???? hmmmmm??
:topsy: :topsy: :topsy:

Edited by nunsense

InHisLove726

[quote name='osapientia' post='1824517' date='Apr 4 2009, 05:13 PM']UHMMMM--- EXCUSE ME?

Running and ducking,
Pax[/quote]

Whatever! :lol_roll: You are so NOT quiet and demure! LOL!!!! :rolleyes:

j/k, puella. you know we Carmelites love everybody (yes, even the Benedictines)!!!

:hehehe: :hehe: :hehe:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1824994' date='Apr 5 2009, 08:33 AM']Whatever! :lol_roll: You are so NOT quiet and demure! LOL!!!! :rolleyes:

j/k, puella. you know we Carmelites love everybody (yes, even the Benedictines)!!!

:hehehe: :hehe: :hehe:[/quote]

Oh no no no. You think you have quietend me. You think wrong. :evil:

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1825038' date='Apr 5 2009, 03:09 AM']Oh no no no. You think you have quietend me. You think wrong. :evil:[/quote]

:lol_roll:

• 4 weeks later...
tinytherese

I don't know if I'm called to this order or not but I am drawn to the carmelite saints. Their lives and some of their writings fascinate me.

InHisLove726

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1857058' date='May 3 2009, 11:51 PM']I don't know if I'm called to this order or not but I am drawn to the carmelite saints. Their lives and some of their writings fascinate me.[/quote]

I know what you mean! I was drawn to St. Therese even before I knew I was called to be a Carmelite. In fact, she was crucial in finding my call. I watched the movie (2004 Lindsay Younce version) and read her autobiography before ever meeting a Carmelite Sister. Then, when I went to Milwaukee to meet my future Sisters (God-willing) for the first time, I asked her to give me a sign in the form of a rose if I was called there or not. I took a picture of the St. Therese statue down the hall from my guest room, and didn't realize until I got home and looked at the pictures I took that there was a rose underneath! :D

I've really been interested in St. Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross for a while now.

These quotes help me a lot:

[quote]If a man wishes to be sure of the road he treads on, he must close his eyes and walk in the dark.--St. John of the Cross

Whoever has God lacks nothing; God alone suffices. --St. Teresa of Avila[/quote]

Edited by InHisLove726

johnnydigit

my favorites:

spirituality = Carmelite. was drawn to them first and have read the most from their mystics.

monastic rule, religious community practice = Benedictine. "The Rule of St. Benedict".

charism = Franciscan. missionary friars.

all of the above comes down to = Marian.

hence, me = Franciscan + Marian = Franciscans of the Immaculate, Aug 2009. :)

InHisLove726

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1857292' date='May 4 2009, 02:35 AM']my favorites:

spirituality = Carmelite. was drawn to them first and have read the most from their mystics.

monastic rule, religious community practice = Benedictine. "The Rule of St. Benedict".

charism = Franciscan. missionary friars.

all of the above comes down to = Marian.

hence, me = Franciscan + Marian = Franciscans of the Immaculate, Aug 2009. :)[/quote]

I'm so excited for you! Only 3 more months!!! :)

FiereMargriet

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1857292' date='May 4 2009, 03:35 AM']hence, me = Franciscan + Marian = Franciscans of the Immaculate, Aug 2009. :)[/quote]

Congratulations! I always enjoy looking at websites about the Franciscans of the Immaculate. They seem like such a loving community :)

tinytherese

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1857179' date='May 4 2009, 12:47 AM']I know what you mean! I was drawn to St. Therese even before I knew I was called to be a Carmelite. In fact, she was crucial in finding my call. I watched the movie (2004 Lindsay Younce version) and read her autobiography before ever meeting a Carmelite Sister. Then, when I went to Milwaukee to meet my future Sisters (God-willing) for the first time, I asked her to give me a sign in the form of a rose if I was called there or not. I took a picture of the St. Therese statue down the hall from my guest room, and didn't realize until I got home and looked at the pictures I took that there was a rose underneath! :D

I've really been interested in St. Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross for a while now.

These quotes help me a lot:[/quote]

Have you checked out this mini-series on the life of St. Teresa de los Andes? The first episode is awfully slow but the rest of the episodes are great. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoHmZt_jCc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoHmZt_jCc[/url]

InHisLove726

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1857938' date='May 4 2009, 08:19 PM']Have you checked out this mini-series on the life of St. Teresa de los Andes? The first episode is awfully slow but the rest of the episodes are great. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoHmZt_jCc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcoHmZt_jCc[/url][/quote]

I've heard about it, but I never knew it was on YouTube. I'll give it a looksie. :D

• 1 month later...
Jennifer G.

Carmelite. Franciscans used to be my first choice (Mother Angelica! :D), but something about St. Therese grew on me. She's fast becoming one of my top 3 favorite saints (right now, she's in a tie for 3rd place with Joan of Arc! St. Faustina is my favorite, then St. Francis. They have a place in my conversion, too). Plus, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel was the first major Marian apparition that I read about when I started researching Catholicism (I used to be Lutheran) many years ago. I even have the Brown Scapular, too. I'd love to see what convent life is like, unfortunately, there just aren't many traditional ones close to my area (Baltimore). Baltimore Carmel, and even Port Tobacco Carmel (which I like better than Baltimore Carmel) follow the 1991 constitution. All of the 1990s seem to be around the Great Lakes.

I really only know about the top 4 in the poll, plus a little about the Cistercians, and Trappists nuns. I've never heard of the Carthusians, but the word makes me think of a math term. :P

Edited by Jennifer G.

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Jennifer G.' post='1886219' date='Jun 8 2009, 01:27 PM']I really only know about the top 4 in the poll, plus a little about the Cistercians, and Trappists nuns. I've never heard of the Carthusians, but the word makes me think of a math term. :P[/quote]

:yes:

Maths ftw!

:graduate: :teach:

(I think I'll start a congregation called "Sisters of the Holy Hypoteneuse and the Class Field Trinity" or something)