An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Spirituality Are You Drawn To The Most?

InHisLove726

Spirituality  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

InHisLove726

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1886556' date='Jun 8 2009, 04:15 PM']If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans! Anyone want to put money down that InHisLove ends up a Benedictine now?

I personally am called to marriage, but I do love the Dominicans! Some day, way down the road, I may discern to join their third order.[/quote]

You'll lose that bet! :rolleyes:

I've been drawn to the Franciscans and the Carmelites before. I've never (not once) been drawn to the Benedictine spirituality. It doesn't suit me. I'm more drawn to the contemplative rather than the "ora et labora" spirituality. :cool:

Edited by InHisLove726

the lords sheep

You could always be Sr. Mary Edith or Sr. Edith Maria or even just Sr. Maria Benedicta and take her as your patron! Who knows? If that's the name/patron that the Holy Spirit wants for you, He'll let you know!

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='the lords sheep' post='1886667' date='Jun 8 2009, 08:29 PM']You could always be Sr. Mary Edith or Sr. Edith Maria or even just Sr. Maria Benedicta and take her as your patron! Who knows? If that's the name/patron that the Holy Spirit wants for you, He'll let you know![/quote]

Haha, yes, I'm sure of it. 'Course, I should probably focus first on getting into the right community before worrying about a religious name, eh? I suppose there's an order to these things. ;)

VeniteAdoremus

Oh, it's so annoying when the name is already taken! We have only eight sisters (and three deceased) but I'm already running into that :)

And then Benedicta (the postulant, so she's [i]actually called[/i] Benedicta, how cool is that) is yet to be named. You'll see, she'll pick #1 on my list without knowing my list... ;)

Edited by VeniteAdoremus

InHisLove726

If I enter the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal (in the future), I would love for my name to be:

Sr. Pio Maria of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

I googled it, and it appears no one has this name of yet in the Sisters. There is a Friar by the name of Fr. Pio Maria. ;)

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1886960' date='Jun 9 2009, 09:37 AM']If I enter the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal (in the future), I would love for my name to be:

Sr. Pio Maria of the Sacred Heart of Jesus

I googled it, and it appears no one has this name of yet in the Sisters. There is a Friar by the name of Fr. Pio Maria. ;)[/quote]

Very cool name! I approve. ;)

I love Pope Pius (the fifth), but there's no way I'm going to pick Pius. My parish priest would have my skin, he already thinks I'm being way too pious :) And St. Pius' name in religion is already taken (by Sr. Michelle, the novice mistress).

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1886977' date='Jun 9 2009, 04:05 AM']Very cool name! I approve. ;)

I love Pope Pius (the fifth), but there's no way I'm going to pick Pius. My parish priest would have my skin, he already thinks I'm being way too pious :) And St. Pius' name in religion is already taken (by Sr. Michelle, the novice mistress).[/quote]

St. Padre Pio has helped me tremendously, and I pray for his intercession almost daily (I need to start praying daily) because of his impact on my life and spirituality. He was so humble, and that's what I strive to be everyday. :saint:

I love the story about Pius and piety. LOL! :)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1886977' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:05 AM']My parish priest would have my skin...[/quote]

(hide, not skin, but ok ;) )

Actually, for me that would be a motivating factor. Aggravating my parish priest from a distance (and helpfully from behind a grille :evil: ) is a [i]very[/i] attractive prospect.

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1886993' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:43 AM'](hide, not skin, but ok ;) )

Actually, for me that would be a motivating factor. Aggravating my parish priest from a distance (and helpfully from behind a grille :evil: ) is a [i]very[/i] attractive prospect.[/quote]

What happened to the Benedictine humility???!?!?!? :unsure: :blink: :bigshock:

:lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1886993' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:43 PM'](hide, not skin, but ok ;) )

Actually, for me that would be a motivating factor. Aggravating my parish priest from a distance (and helpfully from behind a grille :evil: ) is a [i]very[/i] attractive prospect.[/quote]

Hide. Duly noted :)

You see, I get three weeks of home visit after Profession. He'll be 72 by then, but... he's pretty vital...

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1886998' date='Jun 9 2009, 01:13 PM']What happened to the Benedictine humility???!?!?!? :unsure: :blink: :bigshock:

:lol_roll:[/quote]

Congratulations, you have found out why she needs to [i]become[/i] a good Benedictine :P

puellapaschalis

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1886998' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:13 PM']What happened to the Benedictine humility???!?!?!? :unsure: :blink: :bigshock:

:lol_roll:[/quote]

There's nothing in RB7 about not winding up one's parish priest. For one, he won't be my superior. For two...unless he [i]tells[/i] me to not wind him up... :evil:

Va, Muus - don't get any ideas.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1887011' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:16 PM']Hide. Duly noted :)

You see, I get three weeks of home visit after Profession. He'll be 72 by then, but... he's pretty vital...[/quote]

After Profession there's not much he can do about it :P Welcome to the world of "Why secular clergy look upon religious with just a little bit more than a teeny bit of suspicion ;)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1887011' date='Jun 9 2009, 02:16 PM']Congratulations, you have found out why she needs to [i]become[/i] a good Benedictine :P[/quote]

Zujse....BEK! <_< :lol_roll:

InHisLove726

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1887011' date='Jun 9 2009, 08:16 AM']Congratulations, you have found out why she needs to [i]become[/i] a good Benedictine :P[/quote]

:lol_roll:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1887059' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:32 PM']Zujse....BEK! <_< :lol_roll:[/quote]

The word you're looking for is SMOEL ;)

puellapaschalis

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1887266' date='Jun 9 2009, 10:20 PM']The word you're looking for is SMOEL ;)[/quote]

Geloof me, ik kan meer van dat soort woorden bedenken/verzinnen :P