An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Spirituality Are You Drawn To The Most?

InHisLove726

Spirituality  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1812242' date='Mar 20 2009, 12:12 PM']Because you're horribly horribly BIASED!

But I still love ya so it's all good ;) :blowkiss:[/quote]

You know what, I am!! :lol_roll: :P :rolleyes:

InHisLove726

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1812345' date='Mar 20 2009, 01:53 PM']At least you know the Franciscan's wouldn't lay a hand on you! :topsy:[/quote]

:lol_pound:

InHisLove726

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1812505' date='Mar 20 2009, 05:30 PM']Look at the OSBs GO! :biker:[/quote]

Yeah, well, not for long! :hehe:

DominicanPhilosophy

DOMINI-CANES! =)

We have the smartest man to live (St. Thomas Aquinas) on our side and also, the popes wear white thanks to Dominican Pope Pius V circa 1500s. ^_^

+JMJD

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1812686' date='Mar 21 2009, 12:10 AM']DOMINI-CANES! =)

We have the smartest man to live (St. Thomas Aquinas) on our side and also, the popes wear white thanks to Dominican Pope Pius V circa 1500s. ^_^

+JMJD[/quote]

And yet, the Bennies prevail.

Running and ducking,
Osap

puellapaschalis

[quote name='DominicanPhilosophy' post='1812686' date='Mar 21 2009, 05:10 AM']DOMINI-CANES! =)

+JMJD[/quote]

Please note that the current Pope is wearing white cos it's expected of him. He CHOSE his own name! ;) By the same logic, any Pope after Puis V who took the name Benedict counts twice :yes:

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Well, to add to the competition even more I voted for Benedictine, as well, lol! Benedictines are in the lead! Although I must say I was partially torn, because ironically I do feel a pull to discern the Marians of the Immaculate Conception (they're the priests at my parish), but I went to a Benedictine high-school and seriously discerned going to college seminary with their sponsorship...but yeah, I voted Benedictine. Yay Holy Father St. Benedict! :topsy:

Edited by NazFarmer

puellapaschalis

[quote name='NazFarmer' post='1813539' date='Mar 22 2009, 03:42 AM']Well, to add to the competition even more I voted for Benedictine, as well, lol! Benedictines are in the lead! Although I must say I was partially torn, because ironically I do feel a pull to discern the Marians of the Immaculate Conception (they're the priests at my parish), but I went to a Benedictine high-school and seriously discerned going to college seminary with their sponsorship...but yeah, I voted Benedictine. Yay Holy Father St. Benedict! :topsy:[/quote]

:yahoo: :lol_roll:

she_who_is_not

Another for Benedict!!

This poll is interesting. I can remember when you couldn't swing a cat in VS without hitting a Dominican. They were everywhere!!!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1813950' date='Mar 22 2009, 08:26 AM']Another for Benedict!!

This poll is interesting. I can remember when you couldn't swing a cat in VS without hitting a Dominican. They were everywhere!!![/quote]

Well, as phatmassers enter religious life and leave the phorum, the numbers change. So a failure in the polls might just mean a win in the life !?? :rolleyes: (not wanting to start another religious war here :topsy: )

InHisLove726

[quote name='nunsense' post='1813993' date='Mar 22 2009, 01:22 PM']Well, as phatmassers enter religious life and leave the phorum, the numbers change. So a failure in the polls might just mean a win in the life !?? :rolleyes: (not wanting to start another religious war here :topsy: )[/quote]

:lol_pound:

[quote name='nunsense' post='1813993' date='Mar 22 2009, 02:22 PM']Well, as phatmassers enter religious life and leave the phorum, the numbers change. So a failure in the polls might just mean a win in the life !?? :rolleyes: (not wanting to start another religious war here :topsy: )[/quote]

NICE TRY, NUNSENSE!!!! Very diplomatic of you. Are you sure your call isn't to the US Diplomatic Corps??? :rolleyes:

That's nice, :detective: but we all know Jesus loves His Mother most profoundly, and he asked her one fine day: Mother dear, What is your favorite religious order??? :o And you know what she said, I am wearing the habit of my beloved and special family. :grouphug: And of all the religious habits in the entire universe which did she choose to wear??? You guessed it...Carmelite :P So Mary's vote counts, say, a gazillion. We win :yahoo:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='OCDSdad' post='1814788' date='Mar 23 2009, 06:02 PM']That's nice, :detective: but we all know Jesus loves His Mother most profoundly, and he asked her one fine day: Mother dear, What is your favorite religious order??? :o And you know what she said, I am wearing the habit of my beloved and special family. :grouphug: And of all the religious habits in the entire universe which did she choose to wear??? You guessed it...Carmelite :P So Mary's vote counts, say, a gazillion. We win :yahoo:[/quote]

Completely irrelevant ;) Besides, by that tack the Carmelites and Dominicans would be arguing about what colour mantle Our Lady wears...whilst the BENEDICTINES storm off into the lead :))

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1814796' date='Mar 23 2009, 12:12 PM']Completely irrelevant ;) Besides, by that tack the Carmelites and Dominicans would be arguing about what colour mantle Our Lady wears...whilst the BENEDICTINES storm off into the lead :))[/quote]

Ouch! :duel: Hey IHL726, help me out here, she's tough, maybe a truce :surrender: or maybe a :cheers: to drown our sorrows unless we get a few more votes. Carmelites unite.... :shield: cast them votes :twothumbsup: