An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

The best news yet (from Sara) : Brodie has been off oxygen since yesterday so we're going HOME!!! We will have to sort out feeding & continue the medication weaning, but it will be great to get out of the germ filled hospital before we catch something.

IcePrincessKRS

2 hours ago Joe posted that Brodie was on his way home.

Sara posted that they have had a "hiccup" with returning home: First hiccup of being released from the hospital on a Sunday afternoon, getting pediatric prescriptions filled. Our local Pharmacy doesn't carry any of the 5 medications we've been sent home on & the hospital can't fill out patient prescriptions on Sunday either. Brodie is already due for a dose of one. After taking to the hospital & the pharmacist Joe will be driving up to Vienna to have them filled at Rexall

But he IS home and the meds are being filled and we are so very, very grateful!

IcePrincessKRS

Last night Sara posted: ‎5 1/2 hours and a thousand dollars later we got it.
Worth every penny & then some. Brodie is actually on 7 different medications but 2 are continued from pre surgery. I'll be getting up about every 2 hrs to give him something for at least the next cpl weeks. He should be weaned off at least 2 of the meds by the end of November.

(Joe said that that's after insurance covered most of the cost, too. When you look at what it's for--keeping Brodie healthy--it's definitely worth every penny and then some.)

IcePrincessKRS

Hopefully not. Somewhere along down the road when he's an adult he might, but this surgery should set him up for a very long time.

Parents shouldn't have to worry about paying for their sick kids. They should be allowed to focus on their child getting better exclusively. Thank God they had insurance.

• 2 weeks later...
IcePrincessKRS

I saw Brodie this past weekend. He's doing great. He may have to go back in about 6 months for some tweaks, but so far so good. He was bright and cheerful, been weaned off some of his meds. He's regained a lot of his mobility but still shuffles a little when he walks. They'd like it if he could gain a couple pounds, but I know he can't be too badly off because he's the same weight as my boy and they are the same age.

I just wanted to scoop him up and squeeze the dickens out of him. I settled for some snuggles, kisses, and relished his dimpled smiles.