An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

IcePrincessKRS

Sara texted me this morning. Today is Brodie's 10th day in the PICU. He's been significantly weaned from the narcotics. He's maintaining his stats and his pacemaker is only being used as a back-up. He's still on oxygen and not quite ready to be weaned off of that yet. He is uncomfortable but doing better than he was. He's been awake and responsive. Praise God for these improvements! Brodie is a tough little guy, it's been a long 10 days but I think we're finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

IcePrincessKRS

Sara just updated that they are moving Brodie out of the cardiac room. He is still in the PICU but at least now Sara and Joe can be with him 24/7. He was sharing the cardiac room with another child and sometimes they'd get kicked out for patient confidentiality when they had to take care of the other child. Understandable, but glad that Brodie is well enough to be moved out and that they won't have to leave his side. :)

IcePrincessKRS

Sara's latest FB update:
Day 10 of our hospital stay Brodie is still in the PICU but we have just been moved out of the cardiac room & into his own room. We'll be able to stay at his bedside throughout the night now.
His stats are maintaining at an acceptable level and his pacemaker is only being used as a back up to his own heart rate. He is very uncomfortable but will feel better with time. I hate to see the pain in his eyes but it was time he was taken off the heavy sedatives to allow his heart to function without them.

IcePrincessKRS

It just keeps getting better! Thank you all for your prayers, they have helped us all so much and it makes me so happy to be able to share these GOOD updates with you now--the best "reward" I can give you, I think, is the knowledge that your prayers are being answered.

Sara updated this morning: They have decide to take out Brodie's chest tubes and central line today. I should be able to hold him after they do. Helping him sit up and move will loosen the gunk in his lungs. Beside being held by his mama again is probably going to be the most comforting event he's had in a while.

IcePrincessKRS

Sara just gave another update: Central line is out, but the chest tubes remain. There was a high output again after rounds so the doctors changed their minds. Brodie is running a fever again too. Rollercoaster indeed

IcePrincessKRS

Joe just updated that Brodie is getting one of his chest tubes out. Praying that he gets the second one out really soon so that Brodie can have the comfort of being held by his mommy and daddy.

IcePrincessKRS

Sara posted as well: The right chest tube came out, the left remains in place for now. I did get to hold Brodie this afternoon & he immediately fell asleep. I think he knew he was safe from poking and prodding while he was being held. -----so glad to hear that she got to hold him. A comfort for them both. :)