An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers For My Nephew Brodie---updated

IcePrincessKRS

Glad to hear the little guy is doing so well! Offered up my back spasms today at a Traditional Latin Mass for him. Continued prayers!

IcePrincessKRS

Sara texted me that Brodie has both chest tubes out now and he may be moved out of the PICU, it depends on how he does over the next few hours.

IcePrincessKRS

It's been a busy day filled with our own doctor appointments so I didn't get a chance to update on Brodie when I received this message earlier today--better late than never! Sara shared: We have left the PICU. Brodie is starting on a clear liquid diet. The past 2 days his shining personality has started to break through.
Physical & occupational therapy (PT & OT) have completed an evaluation and will be working with is to get Brodie back to his mobile status.
We've truly rounded the corner on his recovery so now its just a matter if time till we are heading home.
Thank you all once again for the tremendous amount of thoughtfulness, prayers & support you have showered our family with.

IcePrincessKRS

Brodie got to see his sisters today (for the first time since his surgery). Sara texted me a picture and he had the biggest smile on his face. No lie, I teared up a bit. Such a happy thing to see. :)

IcePrincessKRS

The latest from Sara: Brodie has been sleeping all day. He did have his pacer wires, feeding tube and his last IV pulled this morning.
His o2 level is still being supported with a small amount of oxygen. Once the oxygen is no longer needed and his eating/mobility is consistent we can talk about going home. :-)