An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Jackson Memorial

Seven77

[quote]Micheal Jackson being Catholic or not would not change my mind that he was a child abuser that does not even come close to deserving the 'honor' he is being given[/quote]

Proof that he was a child abuser. NOW.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='VoTeckam' post='1913911' date='Jul 7 2009, 07:45 PM']What proof do you have?

You are gossiping... I trust you will confess this...[/quote]

I believe the testimony of his victims who attempted to bring him to justice. Michael Jackson sexually abused little boys. I pray for the repose of his soul, but I will not give him honor he does not deserve.
Jackson was a sexual predator who preyed on the young and weak.

[quote]I believe the testimony of his victims who attempted to bring him to justice. Michael Jackson sexually abused little boys. I pray for the repose of his soul, but I will not give him honor he does not deserve.
Jackson was a sexual predator who preyed on the young and weak.[/quote]

No, he did not. His accusers even came forward and denied it. He was innocent and used by the parents of these children to get money out of him.They LIED. Why do you choose to believe liars?

He cared for children and his own too much to hurt them. He would never do that. He cared and loved and gave so much. It's sickening to here you and others slander him even in death. I refuse to do that. I refuse to look at him negativly. I refuse to condemn him.I refuse.

Michael was a troubled, lonely, saddened man who had a horrific childhood and an even more horrifying adult life. He did all he could for people. One time he found out that a little boy was going to die unless he got a liver transplant. So, he searched all over for a liver for this little boy. He found one, and the little boy lived. If you honestly think someone that giving could hurt children...then that's sick man.

My thoughts for what they are worth :rolleyes:

Judgmental, prejudiced and biased individuals make far-reaching pronouncements based on limited information. We all know such people. Their false and extreme generalizations give them away.

Yet none of us can help forming opinions of other people. So how does judgmental thinking differ from making judgments? Judgmental people state their views and observations in authoritative terms; they decree what is right and wrong, what should and should not be, what is good or bad. Making a simple judgment, however, does not carry these ominous overtones. “Billy has poor table manners” is a judgment. The judgmental person would add something, such as “Therefore, he’s a slob who was raised by cavemen!”

We make judgments constantly. “He’s good-looking.” “She dresses well.” “He seems to lack a good sense of humor.” “She’s overweight.”

In forming opinions or making judgments, there is no moral overtone, no further conclusions are drawn, no inferences are made about the person’s character. We just have the observation or the perception.

As soon as we add “therefore” to the observation, we are likely to be judgmental. “He talks very slowly,” is an observation, “therefore, he must be stupid” is a judgmental conclusion.

If you look out for your own “therefores” you are less likely to sit in judgment over your fellow human beings, which will be all to the good for you and them.

[quote name='cappie' post='1913927' date='Jul 7 2009, 10:04 PM']My thoughts for what they are worth :rolleyes:

Judgmental, prejudiced and biased individuals make far-reaching pronouncements based on limited information. We all know such people. Their false and extreme generalizations give them away.

Yet none of us can help forming opinions of other people. So how does judgmental thinking differ from making judgments? Judgmental people state their views and observations in authoritative terms; they decree what is right and wrong, what should and should not be, what is good or bad. Making a simple judgment, however, does not carry these ominous overtones. “Billy has poor table manners” is a judgment. The judgmental person would add something, such as “Therefore, he’s a slob who was raised by cavemen!”

We make judgments constantly. “He’s good-looking.” “She dresses well.” “He seems to lack a good sense of humor.” “She’s overweight.”

In forming opinions or making judgments, there is no moral overtone, no further conclusions are drawn, no inferences are made about the person’s character. We just have the observation or the perception.

As soon as we add “therefore” to the observation, we are likely to be judgmental. “He talks very slowly,” is an observation, “therefore, he must be stupid” is a judgmental conclusion.

If you look out for your own “therefores” you are less likely to sit in judgment over your fellow human beings, which will be all to the good for you and them.[/quote]

So wise. Thank you father.

Thank you, Father.

[b]God loves you so much, Michael Joseph Jackson. The world will fail you, but He will not <3 Hope in Him. Reach for the One who loves you![/b]

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Selah' post='1913916' date='Jul 7 2009, 09:48 PM']Proof that he was a child abuser. NOW.[/quote]
Something about paying off the first accusation to the tune of 20 million comes to mind.... and
I am really disappointed that people are making an idol of a very troubled man. He needed pity and prayers, and someone to have the guts to tell him to grow up and act like an adult, not a bunch of fawning money hungry handlers. Money covers a multitude of sins.

[quote]Something about paying off the first accusation to the tune of 20 million comes to mind....[/quote]

Cmom, you know I love you...but how on earth is that proof? We don't know what happened or how. So, I refuse to speculate.

He's no idol. But he is loved and cherished. Money doesn't cover sins, but compassion does.

[quote]and prayers, and someone to have the guts to tell him to grow up and act like an adult,[/quote]

He acted the way he did because he was trying to relive the childhood he lost. I am not saying this was healthy of him to do, but at least there's an explanation.

Edited by Selah

+J.M.J.+
no, it was never proven in a court of criminal law that he didn't molest anyone. of course, it was never proven in a court of criminal law that OJ killed his wife.

i don't understand the canonization of MJ - everyone speaking as if he is enjoying heaven. we don't know that. some here can hope for it but we don't know for sure.

KnightofChrist

Call me crazy but no one here would have actually allowed their children to sleep in the bed with Michael Jackson.