An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Doctrine Or Moral Teaching....

OraProMe

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1928480' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:16 PM']*hangs head*

I was that guy. LOL I had been studying for myself for several years before going through RCIA. One day my priest was throwing terminology out at us for the sacred objects, some of the symbolism, etc., and I was answering them all. Finally he ran across one word I didn't know (it was luna LOL) and he yelled "YES! Got one!" and we all cracked up. My RCIA class was a whole 3 people.[/quote]

That is so awesome! Fr. and the layman who (is a convert) has been teaching it for two decades and I had an agreement that I would only be called upon so as not to make anyone feel marginalized. Therefore if an answer couldn't be given, I was called on. Occasionally going "Um...honestly, dunno." :) Our class was decently sized it seemed, until Vigil. Then I realized how many people's family members had been with them (and Fr. nearly caught himself on fire, but that's another story...).

The night we did Contraception was probably the worst night of RCIA. I knew I had my deep seated issues I had mostly gotten past, but unfortunately most didn't. Fr. was away on pilgrimage and the layman was arguing with a group of three people, with myself and a woman who once had a private audience with Pope John Paul II backing him up. It really showed how deep the feelings could go, and how hard it was to accept the Church's teaching authority at times. We usually met for two hours, we got out in three...and only because they had to close up the parish center. :P Overall, I think that night, and the passionate argument by the layman teaching the class and that woman really helped me cement the Church's teachings on that as being proper.

Edit: To go with the scapular flow, I've not really been pressured into wearing anything. Perhaps I'm fortunate. Well I have been pressured by certain seminarians, priests, and deacons to try and wear a collar one day <.< But Missy's got my back against the likes of IrishSelasian when I haven't felt it's God's plan in discernment of future vocation.

Edited by BG45