Hassan Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 [quote name='Christie_M' post='1938732' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:38 AM']Hassan, you're no fun any more. [/quote] This is the same problem Sheikh Ahmed Nuriddin ran into with the kadi. So long as the Kadi spoke with the "words of God" Nuruddin's words were to human and particular, but when he dipped into the words of the Qur'an-for it is his book as much as the Kadi's!- even then he would not dissuade him. Ironic as only shortly prior to this Hassan rebuked the Sheikh with his famous monologue "Oh wretched Dervish (Muslim aesthetic) can you ever stop thinking like Dervishes...." after he finished his rebuke Nuruddin said his (Nuruddin) brother's life was to be determined by the will of God, Hassan askes if he can find no more human words to which Nuruddin responds "no, and I don't need any" BAM! IRONY!
Christie_M Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 yeah...where's the irony? I can't read all that mombo jumbo.
Marie-Therese Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 Irony: incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result. This: [quote name='Hassan' post='1938739' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:45 AM']This is the same problem Sheikh Ahmed Nuriddin ran into with the kadi. So long as the Kadi spoke with the "words of God" Nuruddin's words were to human and particular, but when he dipped into the words of the Qur'an-for it is his book as much as the Kadi's!- even then he would not dissuade him. Ironic as only shortly prior to this Hassan rebuked the Sheikh with his famous monologue "Oh wretched Dervish (Muslim aesthetic) can you ever stop thinking like Dervishes...." after he finished his rebuke Nuruddin said his (Nuruddin) brother's life was to be determined by the will of God, Hassan askes if he can find no more human words to which Nuruddin responds "no, and I don't need any" BAM! IRONY! [/quote] Irony FAIL. I am now sleepy. We'll see about this tomorrow.
Hassan Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 [quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938736' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:42 AM']What is this, the Hassan Random Koran Generator?[/quote] "At the beginning I could not believe my eyes and ears; it seemed impossible that a living man before him and a living prisoner in the fortress could not induce him to speak even a single real word, one relevant to the present moment. I tried to bring him into human conversation, to make him say something, anything at all, about himself, about me, about my brother, but it was all in vain; he only spoke through the Koran. And alas, he was speaking about himself, about me, about my brother" Dervis i Smrt Mesa Selimovic
Hassan Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 [quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938748' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:51 AM']Irony: incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result. This: Irony FAIL. I am now sleepy. We'll see about this tomorrow. [/quote] If you read the whole book, it is ironic
Christie_M Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 I"m with MT. I have to finish packing for camp and I'm tired
Hassan Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 i⋅ro⋅ny1 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA Use irony in a Sentence –noun, plural -nies. 1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend. 2. Literature. a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated. b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion. 3. Socratic irony. 4. dramatic irony. 5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected. 6. the incongruity of this. 7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing. 8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.
zunshynn Posted August 2, 2009 Author Posted August 2, 2009 Hassan you owe me for hijacking my thread onto Dull Street, Boredomville.
Hassan Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' post='1938758' date='Aug 2 2009, 03:00 AM']Hassan you owe me for hijacking my thread onto Dull Street, Boredomville. [/quote] I quoted almost an entire paragraph out of the greatest novel written in the last several centuries. What more can I o for repayment
jeffpugh Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 You can tell he's losing cause of all the document dumps. okay, back on topic of how humans can't control themselves... Do I REALLY need the /sarcasm tag for that one?
Norseman82 Posted August 2, 2009 Posted August 2, 2009 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1938967' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:29 PM']You can tell he's losing cause of all the document dumps. okay, back on topic of how humans can't control themselves... Do I REALLY need the /sarcasm tag for that one?[/quote] OK, let's discuss what St. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 7:1-11 and 1 Timothy 5:11-14.
Norseman82 Posted August 3, 2009 Posted August 3, 2009 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1939196' date='Aug 2 2009, 07:30 PM']Okay. Drop the quotes and let's discuss.[/quote] Go ahead and start.
zunshynn Posted August 3, 2009 Author Posted August 3, 2009 Hassan killed the thread guys... your attempt to revive it does not look like it will be successful.
Hassan Posted August 3, 2009 Posted August 3, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' post='1939492' date='Aug 2 2009, 11:19 PM']Hassan killed the thread guys... your attempt to revive it does not look like it will be successful. [/quote] As to those who turn (for friendship) to Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- it is the fellowship of Allah that must certainly triumph.
Norseman82 Posted August 3, 2009 Posted August 3, 2009 [quote name='Hassan' post='1939494' date='Aug 3 2009, 12:25 AM']As to those who turn (for friendship) to Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- it is the fellowship of Allah that must certainly triumph. [/quote] Aren't you supposed to be punching a bag or sparring partner?
Hassan Posted August 3, 2009 Posted August 3, 2009 [quote name='Norseman82' post='1939501' date='Aug 3 2009, 12:33 AM']Aren't you supposed to be punching a bag or sparring partner?[/quote] Boxing Club doesn't start until the School year. I did just get back from a nice long run though.
Hassan Posted August 3, 2009 Posted August 3, 2009 Like St Boniface cutting down the great Oak tree dedicated to Thor to convert the Germans I have destroyed your thread you ignorant Catholics once worshiped. I have proven it to be nothing more than an idol. Now accept Secret Islam
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now