An Old School Catholic Message Board

Did You Hear? Sex And Eating Are Equally Essential For Teens To Learn

zunshynn

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938722' date='Aug 2 2009, 12:27 AM']O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against Allah, but (speak) the truth;
...[/quote]

I've never lied (ok, that's a lie, you know what i mean).
I'm sorry if you don't like the truth. it's a bit hard to swallow at times, but its good for you.
:console:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938724' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:29 AM']Hmmm...let me see....

Don't hate the playa.[/quote]
And those who deny Our revelations - step by step We lead them on from whence they know not. (182) I give them rein (for) lo! My scheme is strong. (183) Have they not bethought them (that) there is no madness in their comrade? He is but a plain warner. (184) Have they not considered the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and what things Allah hath created, and that it may be that their own term draweth nigh? In what fact after this will they believe? (185) Those whom Allah sendeth astray, there is no guide for them. He leaveth them to wander blindly on in their contumacy. (186) They ask thee of the (destined) Hour, when will it come to port. Say: Knowledge thereof is with my Lord only. He alone will manifest it at its proper time. It is heavy in the heavens and the earth. It cometh not to you save unawares. They question thee as if thou couldst be well informed thereof. Say: Knowledge thereof is with Allah only, but most of mankind know not.

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1938726' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:31 AM']I've never lied (ok, that's a lie, you know what i mean).
I'm sorry if you don't like the truth. it's a bit hard to swallow at times, but its good for you.
:console:[/quote]
And do not mix up the truth with the falsehood, nor hide the truth while you know (it).

Marie-Therese

What is this, the Hassan Random Koran Generator?

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938728' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:34 AM']And those who deny Our revelations - step by step We lead them on from whence they know not. (182) I give them rein (for) lo! My scheme is strong. (183) Have they not bethought them (that) there is no madness in their comrade? He is but a plain warner. (184) Have they not considered the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and what things Allah hath created, and that it may be that their own term draweth nigh? In what fact after this will they believe? (185) Those whom Allah sendeth astray, there is no guide for them. He leaveth them to wander blindly on in their contumacy. (186) They ask thee of the (destined) Hour, when will it come to port. Say: Knowledge thereof is with my Lord only. He alone will manifest it at its proper time. It is heavy in the heavens and the earth. It cometh not to you save unawares. They question thee as if thou couldst be well informed thereof. Say: Knowledge thereof is with Allah only, but most of mankind know not.[/quote]

Blah blah blah.

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1938732' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:38 AM']Hassan, you're no fun any more. :yawn:[/quote]

This is the same problem Sheikh Ahmed Nuriddin ran into with the kadi. So long as the Kadi spoke with the "words of God" Nuruddin's words were to human and particular, but when he dipped into the words of the Qur'an-for it is his book as much as the Kadi's!- even then he would not dissuade him.

Ironic as only shortly prior to this Hassan rebuked the Sheikh with his famous monologue "Oh wretched Dervish (Muslim aesthetic) can you ever stop thinking like Dervishes...." after he finished his rebuke Nuruddin said his (Nuruddin) brother's life was to be determined by the will of God, Hassan askes if he can find no more human words to which Nuruddin responds "no, and I don't need any"

BAM!

IRONY!

:smokey:

Marie-Therese

Irony: incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result.

This:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1938739' date='Aug 2 2009, 02:45 AM']This is the same problem Sheikh Ahmed Nuriddin ran into with the kadi. So long as the Kadi spoke with the "words of God" Nuruddin's words were to human and particular, but when he dipped into the words of the Qur'an-for it is his book as much as the Kadi's!- even then he would not dissuade him.

Ironic as only shortly prior to this Hassan rebuked the Sheikh with his famous monologue "Oh wretched Dervish (Muslim aesthetic) can you ever stop thinking like Dervishes...." after he finished his rebuke Nuruddin said his (Nuruddin) brother's life was to be determined by the will of God, Hassan askes if he can find no more human words to which Nuruddin responds "no, and I don't need any"

BAM!

IRONY!

:smokey:[/quote]

Irony FAIL.

I am now sleepy. We'll see about this tomorrow. :smokey:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938736' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:42 AM']What is this, the Hassan Random Koran Generator?[/quote]

"At the beginning I could not believe my eyes and ears; it seemed impossible that a living man before him and a living prisoner in the fortress could not induce him to speak even a single real word, one relevant to the present moment. I tried to bring him into human conversation, to make him say something, anything at all, about himself, about me, about my brother, but it was all in vain; he only spoke through the Koran. And alas, he was speaking about himself, about me, about my brother"

Dervis i Smrt
Mesa Selimovic :smokey:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1938748' date='Aug 2 2009, 01:51 AM']Irony: incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result.

This:

Irony FAIL.

I am now sleepy. We'll see about this tomorrow. :smokey:[/quote]

:no:

If you read the whole book, it is ironic :detective:

i⋅ro⋅ny1  /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
Use irony in a Sentence
–noun, plural -nies. 1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature. a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

3. Socratic irony.
4. dramatic irony.
5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
6. the incongruity of this.
7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1938758' date='Aug 2 2009, 03:00 AM']Hassan you owe me for hijacking my thread onto Dull Street, Boredomville. :yawn:

:mellow:[/quote]

I quoted almost an entire paragraph out of the greatest novel written in the last several centuries.

What more can I o for repayment :idontknow:

You can tell he's losing cause of all the document dumps. okay, back on topic of how humans can't control themselves...

Do I REALLY need the /sarcasm tag for that one?