An Old School Catholic Message Board

It Was A Quiet Night At Steak N Shake When....

princessgianna

princessgianna

..the regulars were finishing up. The floors were getting mopped. And it was quiet. Until I got table with two men who just came from the bar. :mellow: Within a minute I realized that I was going to ditch the table. After they made a really bad joke. Which I of course did not laugh at. And call me an inappropriate name. There was no way that I was dealing with that type of sexual harassment. :numchucks: So I asked to ditch the table to another guy server -after briefly explaining why. Turns out that the middle age waitress decided to take them because as she put it "she could deal with those type of people". Her version of dealing with them is "letting them do whatever" :ohno: Sadly she doesn't have much moral ground. Eagle_Eye and Elizabeth came in
at that point to get shakes, chill while I finished up and pick me up. After a
another passing comment I asked EE to come with me as I cleaned my table which was located near them. I did not entice conversation of any sort. EE with out me knowing stopped by the table and calmly told them that "he didn't appreciate the comments that was made to me and would not want to hear of it happening again". :love: (my big bro RULES!) They acted all ignorant though their voice wasn't. I finished the side work. At one point though with a couple people were suggesting that EE not even bring it up in case of a fight. EE calmly explained he never asked to fight never threatened. And if they wanted to fight then he would call the cops. ( Have I told you that my brother rules totally?) Which at this point I started crying. I felt bad for making things difficult. However one of the grillers after hearing what happened told me that I should ve just told him about it and he "would kick the (insert cuss word here) out of them". Which meant that I started crying harder cause this guy when I started , intimidated me a bit. Getting co-worker-male support like that comforted me a lot. And after calming down and talking to the managers I left and came home and took a shower, had a popsicle. Now typing this.

I over heard one of the waitress say that "you have to deal with that it's the business". In my mind I screamed "NO IT"S NOT AND IF IT IS I QUITE!". But of course i was crying and trying to compose myself. :mellow:

And now I have a slight headache. :sigh:

Today I got my hair cut so the day started off good.

However I love my big brother!!! He is the best! Love you EE! You are the best Captain of the Guard!!!!

That's the excitement.

:blowkiss:
PG~

princessgianna

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1937474' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:32 AM']Wow. Busy night!

Glad to hear you're ok though![/quote]

yea though my duke wasn't there to kick some serious martial art -----! Only my captain of the guard! <_<
[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1937476' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:33 AM']Too bad you don't have as much power to kick them out as you would at a bar. :([/quote]

:mellow: And where were you?

the Manager can kick them out and ban them. Don't know where that is going though!

EDIT: though I don't care. I am safely at home eating ice cream. And on phatmass

Edited by princessgianna

Don and I were (many years ago) at a waffle house when some guy was hitting on the waitress. I said something and the guy said he was just joking. I said I wasn't laughing. It was like a western or something. They left without eating. The waitress was a nice girl.

Nihil Obstat

I heard what they said and started running, but by the time I made it to central Montana you were already home. :(

princessgianna

It is soo sad how so many waitress just "deal" with it! I have been to waffle house and the waitresses don't get any respect at all. Like I said before the guy said a bad joke I wouldn't smile a bit! this was the first time and could be the only time however I am ready that if I need to too-quite. If it becomes too much!

princessgianna

Yea I am - I am sure. Should I have done that? I don't know. What I do know is to keep my distance and ditch them off. And EE took care of things. Besides have you ever been in that situation? It's awkward. And I have dealt with sexual abuse with in the family. Please you have that "Just say NO" junk that is taught but come on. God Father Almighty - do I wish it was that simple!!!

you do have rights you know :grouphug: (strike one) just tell them you don't appriciate that kind of behavior, and strike three tell the manager. there is no strike two.

glad you have so many people who look after you.

princessgianna

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1937539' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:57 AM']you do have rights you know :grouphug: (strike one) just tell them you don't appriciate that kind of behavior, and strike three tell the manager. there is no strike two.

glad you have so many people who look after you.[/quote]
hind sight should have informed my manager [i]right[/i] away-yes. And i know I have rights though putting those in action is difficult. Ditching the table was hard enough. Trying to explain to why you won't wait on them with out bursting into a river of tears and feeling completely stupid to the other servers. they deal with it and figure it's no big deal. Keeping your composure, staying on top of emotions - with out losing it. Making sure the rest of the tables are being taken care of.

I am too. Makes me sad to think of so many girls don't have that support!

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/linkin+park/track/numb"]Linkin Park - Numb[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1937459' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:26 AM']..the regulars were finishing up. The floors were getting mopped. And it was quiet. Until I got table with two men who just came from the bar. :mellow: Within a minute I realized that I was going to ditch the table. After they made a really bad joke. Which I of course did not laugh at. And call me an inappropriate name. There was no way that I was dealing with that type of sexual harassment. :numchucks: So I asked to ditch the table to another guy server -after briefly explaining why. Turns out that the middle age waitress decided to take them because as she put it "she could deal with those type of people". Her version of dealing with them is "letting them do whatever" :ohno: Sadly she doesn't have much moral ground. Eagle_Eye and Elizabeth came in
at that point to get shakes, chill while I finished up and pick me up. After a
another passing comment I asked EE to come with me as I cleaned my table which was located near them. I did not entice conversation of any sort. EE with out me knowing stopped by the table and calmly told them that "he didn't appreciate the comments that was made to me and would not want to hear of it happening again". :love: (my big bro RULES!) They acted all ignorant though their voice wasn't. I finished the side work. At one point though with a couple people were suggesting that EE not even bring it up in case of a fight. EE calmly explained he never asked to fight never threatened. And if they wanted to fight then he would call the cops. ( Have I told you that my brother rules totally?) Which at this point I started crying. I felt bad for making things difficult. However one of the grillers after hearing what happened told me that I should ve just told him about it and he "would kick the (insert cuss word here) out of them". Which meant that I started crying harder cause this guy when I started , intimidated me a bit. Getting co-worker-male support like that comforted me a lot. And after calming down and talking to the managers I left and came home and took a shower, had a popsicle. Now typing this.

I over heard one of the waitress say that "you have to deal with that it's the business". In my mind I screamed "NO IT"S NOT AND IF IT IS I QUITE!". But of course i was crying and trying to compose myself. :mellow:

And now I have a slight headache. :sigh:

Today I got my hair cut so the day started off good.

However I love my big brother!!! He is the best! Love you EE! You are the best Captain of the Guard!!!!

That's the excitement.

:blowkiss:
PG~[/quote]

Good job Eagle Eye, although I like the grill guy's plan better

princessgianna

[quote name='Hassan' post='1937584' date='Aug 1 2009, 01:12 AM']Good job Eagle Eye, although I like the grill guy's plan better[/quote]
Well we all can dream... :topsy:

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1937592' date='Aug 1 2009, 02:15 AM']Well we all can dream... :topsy:[/quote]

Well you're what? 16?

Forget about the regular standards. If two guys old enough to drink are hitting on and making lewd comments towards a 16 year old they are creeps anyway. Good job to Eagle Eye even more so for showing the degenerates how a man with honor acts. Mabey they'll take something from the experience and better themselves.

Although I doubt it. <_<

Edited by Hassan

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1937552' date='Aug 1 2009, 12:02 AM']hind sight should have informed my manager [i]right[/i] away-yes. And i know I have rights though putting those in action is difficult. Ditching the table was hard enough. Trying to explain to why you won't wait on them with out bursting into a river of tears and feeling completely stupid to the other servers. they deal with it and figure it's no big deal. Keeping your composure, staying on top of emotions - with out losing it. Making sure the rest of the tables are being taken care of.

I am too. Makes me sad to think of so many girls don't have that support!

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/linkin+park/track/numb"]Linkin Park - Numb[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote]

:console: yep, i know how it is. unfortunaly you'll have more chances to practice putting those plans into action.