An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Sick Of Pretty People.

Kitty

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1941926' date='Aug 6 2009, 04:46 PM']seriously though, i used to have flawless skin (i don't say this to brag, but to make my point). then i got pregnant. the hormones running through my body cause me to have severe acne (acne cysts, which are extremely painful, itchy, and red) along my jaw line. how i feel about myself has plummeted, because the cysts are red and blotchy and stand out - and to tell the truth, they are ugly. i get cream that partially controls the itchiness and redness, but they will not go away because i still have those hormones (because i'm breastfeeding). my skin has now become my lifelong enemy. i can't even really wear makeup anymore (it just makes it worse), if i do, i can only wear it for a couple of hours before washing it off. so i don't know what to tell you that would help, but know that you have my empathy :console:[/quote]
Yeah, aren't hormones wonderful? <_<

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1941931' date='Aug 6 2009, 09:51 AM']Yeah, aren't hormones wonderful? <_<[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
if by 'wonderful', you mean totally stinky, then :yes:

:lol: the thing is, i wouldn't trade my children for my flawless skin any day of the week. :think: except maybe mondays. :P i kid.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1941933' date='Aug 6 2009, 04:53 PM']+J.M.J.+
if by 'wonderful', you mean totally stinky, then :yes:

:lol: the thing is, i wouldn't trade my children for my flawless skin any day of the week. :think: except maybe mondays. :P i kid.[/quote]
I know what you mean. :)

[quote name='philothea' post='1941819' date='Aug 6 2009, 08:19 AM']Do you watch a lot of TV, movies, or read fashion-type magazines? Because those can lead you to a very unreal concept of what normal people are supposed to look like.[/quote]

This is true. I watched way too much tv as a kid and it messed me up.

[quote name='philothea' post='1941819' date='Aug 6 2009, 08:19 AM']Do you watch a lot of TV, movies, or read fashion-type magazines? Because those can lead you to a very unreal concept of what normal people are supposed to look like.[/quote]

This is true. I watched way too much tv as a kid and it messed me up.