An Old School Catholic Message Board

White House: Snitch On People

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Hassan' post='1942687' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:20 AM']Which Senator is that. Now be forewarned before giving me that information that I may well pass it along to Obama so he can send his goon squads out to silence you.[/quote]

See my previous link to the John Kass column.

princessgianna

[quote name='Hassan' post='1942622' date='Aug 7 2009, 04:09 AM']No. I'm sorry but you cannot support this because there is no such potential.[/quote]

Um yea there is. There is always potential when the government has power.

[quote]What in the world? The Obama administration has a message, a set of assertions. Other individuals have contrary messages. Some of these contrary messages, like the disgusting fear tactics thrown to the elderly, are utter bullocks but can cause people who might otherwise support the program to be afraid. The administration is asking its supporters to report such rumors so they can get a handle on what rumors they need to attempt to rebut. This is how a democracy works. I have an opinion and wish to convince people I am right. You have an opinion and wish to convince others that you are right. I want to know what your claims are so I can try to rebut them, to present why I feel your claims are unwarranted or outright fabrications. You seek the same information. It's just part of the debate.[/quote]

Maybe those people ought to get smart- ignore that "false" junk and go to the source.
Maybe instead of "catching" these people- Obama and his followers need to do a better job of "look at what we have to say"?

What a brilliant idea. That's a debate. A person is given two or more sides of something then make their own opinion on what evidence there is.

[quote]What? If the Bush administration sought to discover what opponents of the war were claiming so they could present the Administration's view? I'm sure they did just that, they had every right to do just that and they would have been geniuses to do otherwise.[/quote]
Yes here is an opponet he lives at 58937 Evergreen Terrace his name is Joe Brown, he is male 43 years old, he thinks that unborn babies should be able to live!

*SARCASM!*

[quote]Yes. Many people are ignorant and have only the most tentative understanding of what is going on politically. You don't need any program to say that I'm happy to inform you of the fact if you were unaware. Where do you get that they are "eliminating" bad stories? They don't have any such power. They do have the power and absolute right to try and figure out which rumors they need to counter. That is how debates in the public arena work.[/quote]

Educate them. If the public schools were doing that to the point that they claim- wouldn't we be

[quote]It's not a "program". It's a post from an administration "staffer". How far up do you think this "staffer" is that he was typing up internet notes? I assure that if this agency knew that say Rob Emmanuel was witting it they'd have published his name, not some vague and non descriptive title[/quote]

So then they know who is "spreading lies" about the Government. Or "false assumptions".
Without regard to many good reservations !!!

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1942626' date='Aug 7 2009, 05:32 AM']My State is being threatened with withdrawal of federal funds because my senator is a strong voice against Obamacare. Scary stuff from a governnent that demands compliance with its policies -- or else. Opposition will be punished.[/quote]

Yes, that is what the link I posted refers to.

And it's good to have you back!

KnightofChrist

It's ridiculous and unneeded. There's no need to ask fellow Americans to turn in there fellow Americans. If the Obama Administration wants truly to gather info on "attacks" against it's health care plan they need only Google it. No need to ask such a stupid easily misconstrued request (at best).

It is eerily similar to a dictator's request to report enemies of the state. Yeah maybe that isn't anywhere close to the actual intent. Maybe the actual intent is just to gather info on 'obamacare' opponents. But it is clearly a stupid and foolish thing to request in the United States.

Every American should at least find it questionable that such a request should be made only utterfools blindly trust a government body that request you to turn in your fellow Americans or their infomation.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1942471' date='Aug 6 2009, 11:53 PM']Interesting column by John Kass in the Chicago Tribune this morning:

[url="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-kass-06-aug06,0,6162767.column"]http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columni...,6162767.column[/url]

Summary: a congressman is investigating implied threats to a governor to cut off federal $$$$ unless a senator from that state stops being critical of Obama's policies.[/quote]

What implied threat?
[i]
"However, if you prefer to forfeit the money we are making available to your state ... please let me know,"[/i]

?

tinytherese

Hmm, this reminds me of the Red Scare and the Salem Witch Trials, times where Americans snitched on each other giving names so that they would be left alone. Macarthy is making a come back. <_<

Edited by tinytherese

[quote name='Hassan' post='1942724' date='Aug 7 2009, 12:31 PM']What implied threat?
[i]
"However, if you prefer to forfeit the money we are making available to your state ... please let me know,"[/i]

?[/quote]

Self-explanatory.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1942699' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:38 AM']It's ridiculous and unneeded. There's no need to ask fellow Americans to turn in there fellow Americans. If the Obama Administration wants truly to gather info on "attacks" against it's health care plan they need only Google it. No need to ask such a stupid easily misconstrued request (at best).

It is eerily similar to a dictator's request to report enemies of the state. Yeah maybe that isn't anywhere close to the actual intent. Maybe the actual intent is just to gather info on 'obamacare' opponents. But it is clearly a stupid and foolish thing to request in the United States.

Every American should at least find it questionable that such a request should be made only utterfools blindly trust a government body that request you to turn in your fellow Americans or their infomation.[/quote]
I hate to burst your bubble, but the government has been doing this kind of thing for a long time. It didn't start under Obama. Do you quickly forget Bush's phone tapping program? It's been much worse.

Our culture is becoming more and more tainted by this culture of death. It is so good to see so many young people taking the tenets of our Faith seriously.

Thank you, and keep praying for the unborn, the unwanted, the poorest of the poor, the disabled and the elderly.

All are in danger.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1942687' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:20 AM']Which Senator is that. Now be forewarned before giving me that information that I may well pass it along to Obama so he can send his goon squads out to silence you.[/quote]

Don't bother -- I've already reported myself as a dissenter. I'm expecting black boots and black helicopters momentarily.

NEWS FROM ARIZONA --

WASHINGTON -- Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is standing up for his colleague Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., under heavy fire from President Barack Obama's administration and national Democrats for suggesting that Congress should cut off future economic stimulus spending.

Kyl maintains this year's stimulus law isn't working as advertised and argues that taxpayers shouldn't have to stay on the hook for money that hasn't been spent or won't be spent until years from now.

On Monday, four Obama Cabinet secretaries sent letters to Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer asking if she, too, wanted to shut off the spigot of federal stimulus cash.

“I believe the stimulus has been very effective in creating job opportunities throughout the country,” Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood wrote to Brewer. “However, if you prefer to forfeit the money we are making available to the state, as Senator Kyl suggests, please let me know.”

McCain shot back on Tuesday: “I strongly support the comments of Senator Kyl and call on the administration to retract its threat against the citizens of Arizona."

Brewer also weighed in on the brewing political controversy.

"The governor is hopeful that these federal Cabinet officials are not threatening to deny Arizona citizens the portion of federal stimulus funds to which they are entitled," Brewer spokesman Paul Senseman said. "She believes that would be a tremendous mistake by the administration. And the governor is grateful for the strong leadership and representation that Arizonans enjoy in the United States Senate."

For his part, Kyl, who serves as the GOP whip, the Senate's No. 2 Republican leader, also responded to what he characterized as "coordinated political attacks."

“It’s unfortunate that President Obama and his administration seem unwilling to debate the merits of the stimulus bill and acknowledge its shortcomings. Instead, they have resorted to coordinated political attacks with the Democratic National Committee and the politicization of departments of government by using cabinet secretaries to issue thinly veiled threats to the governor and the people of Arizona," Kyl said. "Since even the president acknowledges the stimulus isn’t working as well as he hoped, the administration should instead be willing to consider whether the unallocated stimulus money could be put to better use.”

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1942697' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:35 AM']And it's good to have you back![/quote]

:) :) :) Thanks! It's good to be home again.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Hassan' post='1942622' date='Aug 7 2009, 05:09 AM']What in the world? The Obama administration has a message, a set of assertions. Other individuals have contrary messages. Some of these contrary messages, like the disgusting fear tactics thrown to the elderly, are utter bullocks but can cause people who might otherwise support the program to be afraid.[/quote]

We all know whenever the government speaks, it is gospel truth. Don't forget the government can lie too. ;)

[quote]The administration is asking its supporters to report such rumors so they can get a handle on what rumors they need to attempt to rebut. This is how a democracy works. I have an opinion and wish to convince people I am right. You have an opinion and wish to convince others that you are right. I want to know what your claims are so I can try to rebut them, to present why I feel your claims are unwarranted or outright fabrications. You seek the same information. It's just part of the debate.[/quote]

So the government has to rely on a snitch box to find out what is being talked about? They can't follow the conservative talk shows or anything like that where they could find the big fish? We all know the Red Scare was a great success.

[quote]What? If the Bush administration sought to discover what opponents of the war were claiming so they could present the Administration's view? I'm sure they did just that, they had every right to do just that and they would have been geniuses to do otherwise.[/quote]

Nope. You would be screaming with the other leftists over the possibility of the government silencing critics and warn of a recurrence of the Red Scare. What percentage of the left wing group would take this snitch box on the opposite side of the aisle? I'm sure your seeing a huge double standard here. The left didn't like the phone tapping thing Bush did no matter how much it was explained.......even though it was all potential just as this is potential......sure as heck they would have screamed so much more with the snitch box.

Double standard for :bow: Obama I suppose.

[quote]Yes. Many people are ignorant and have only the most tentative understanding of what is going on politically. You don't need any program to say that I'm happy to inform you of the fact if you were unaware. Where do you get that they are "eliminating" bad stories? They don't have any such power. They do have the power and absolute right to try and figure out which rumors they need to counter. That is how debates in the public arena work.[/quote]

Many people are ignorant....which is why we need to set up a snitch box so we can silence the critics and get our program going. This is not far from the Red Scare......and that was an innocent operation. ;)

[quote]It's not a "program".[/quote]

I use the word loosely. :mellow:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1942624' date='Aug 7 2009, 05:21 AM']You mean like that commie croutons they shove down the throats of our boys in the military? Forcing them to be in a single payer government run system?

How many seniors want to do away with the "socialized" healthcare they have access too? How about the people in the 36 or so nations whose citizens have access to better health care than us?[/quote]

A small amount of government help is not the end of the world. If you recall the initial point of social security, it was to be a supplement. Not a lifesaver. Also that "better health care" is debatable. :)

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/norbertine+fathers+of+st.+michaels+abbey/track/giovanni+pierluigi+da+palestrina+-+panis+angelicus"]Norbertine Fathers of St. Michael's Abbey - Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina - Panis Angelicus[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Lounge Daddy

So this is like when we were told to be vigilant after 9/11, and snitch on people we thought to be terrorists. Except now being pro-life is a lot like being a terrorist, along with the people who vote Libertarian, who disagree with our growing and bloated tax system, etc.

I think Obama's face on this snapshot of the Joker is more appropriate.

[img]http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/Joker-With-Money.jpg[/img]

The Joker (Obama): And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money.
Vicki Vale (Republicans): What do you want?
The Joker (Obama): My face on the one dollar bill.