An Old School Catholic Message Board

White House: Snitch On People

eagle_eye222001

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1944957' date='Aug 9 2009, 10:05 PM']Egh. I argue that the entire Republicrat Party system makes things up as it goes along.

And here is a prediction. The Obamacare deal will not go through. But it won't entirely fail either. Why? Because they need as many "hot-button" issues to remain unresolved, because they need these things on the table. They need these "us vs them" issues to divide us; because it empowers the Political Class.

[b]That's why FOCA, or anything resembling an actual pro-choice resolution, is just a scare.[/b] That's also why anything like a pro-life resolution to the abortion debate was equally just a scare for the left back when George HW Bush became president, or when the GOP controlled Congress and the White House.

That's why we still have troops in the Middle East, and are ramping up troop levels in Afghanistan -- even though the alleged anti-war guy won the presidency. That's also why the threat of a military draft was hogwash when Bush was running for re-election.

The GOP also promised term-limits, and campaigned on that issue in the late 1990s. ... until they gained the majority in Congress. They also promised to privatise social security, but dropped the issue after the election. The Democrats won the majority in 2006 on a promise to pull the troops out of Iraq, but then dropped it.

They keep all these issues on the table on purpose. The same is true for FOCA, and possibly for this health care issue as well. At least, I wouldn't be surprised.

They want us against each other so that we are too distracted with ourselves to notice that we don't have a real two party system any more. The U.S. has become a single party state, with a Political Class playing right and left off each other. Why? To insure support from [i]both[/i] sides. After all, the Government hates competition.

"Vote Republicrat."[/quote]
I've been saying that since the beginning. Obama talks out of both sides of his mouth. I SAID that FOCA will never really happen, he just blabbed it to get the support of the pro-choicers. But nooooo, everyone said "you just wait, it'll show up." Wrong.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1944921' date='Aug 9 2009, 09:47 PM']How is this a response to the text you quoted?[/quote]
I was simply making the same type of assumption that you made, that is, when you accused those who oppose the administration's plan of feeling "licensed to simply make things up," because from my perspective that is what Obama and the Democrats in Congress are doing. In fact, my representative has admitted that he hasn't even read the plan, which I must admit is written in a way that does not facilitate comprehension; although the section empowering the government to penalize anyone who does not belong to an "acceptable" plan is fairly clear in its intent, and is in fact a draconian attempt to harm those who disagree with the idea that the government has any business in establishing a national health insurance system.

The fact that many people simply disagree with the Obama plan because it involves huge costs and enforces penalties against those who simply do not want to participate does not make those individuals "uninformed" or "misinformed," which is what you implied in your original post. As I see it the Obama plan is simply an attempt to control peoples lives through the creation of a massive federal health care bureaucracy.

Edited by Apotheoun