An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chapels

Resurrexi

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1945704' date='Aug 10 2009, 05:41 PM']I wouldn't feel comfortable with handling the most holy Sacrament myself in order to place the Host in the monstrance. :)[/quote]

They actually make tabernacles that have a monstrance built into it. Most of the time they're made with two doors, so you only open the outside door, with the Host already in the luna, and then that door could open up to actually get into the Tabernacle.

The Knights of the Holy Eucharist have one like that at their residence, and I believe convents often use them.

Nihil Obstat

[quote]Would you ever consider building a chapel for your and your family's use?
Yes [ 14 ] [51.85%]
No [ 13 ] [48.15%]

If you were to have your own chapel, would you try to obtain your bishop's permission to reserve the most holy Sacrament in the chapel?
Yes, I would try to obtain such permission. [ 10 ] [37.04%]
No, I would not want the most holy Sacrament to be reserved in my chapel. [ 7 ] [25.93%]
I would not want a chapel. [ 10 ] [37.04%][/quote]

How come 13 people don't want a chapel in question one, but only ten in question two? Lol.

eagle_eye222001

I wouldn't be too comfortable with a private chapel......if I had enough money I would build a public one though.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/nightwish/track/phantom+of+the+opera"]Nightwish - Phantom Of The Opera[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1945708' date='Aug 10 2009, 06:47 PM']They actually make tabernacles that have a monstrance built into it. Most of the time they're made with two doors, so you only open the outside door, with the Host already in the luna, and then that door could open up to actually get into the Tabernacle.[/quote]

Now that is an idea.

It would be really nice to be able to pray Vespers and Compline as a family before the most holy Sacrament exposed for adoration every evening before and after dinner, respectively.

Nihil Obstat

Not that I don't think your idea is awesome, because I do, but when your kids reach teen years, they might feel like you're shoving it down their throats, and rebel because of it.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945738' date='Aug 10 2009, 07:24 PM']Not that I don't think your idea is awesome, because I do, but when your kids reach teen years, they might feel like you're shoving it down their throats, and rebel because of it.[/quote]

I don't see how my idea is any different than praying the Rosary every evening as a family. I know many families who do that...

:unsure:

Nihil Obstat

I know, and it's great, but you know how so many teens like to rebel for the sake of rebelling. Just saying, sometimes if you push too hard, it doesn't work out like you planned.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945745' date='Aug 10 2009, 07:28 PM']I know, and it's great, but you know how so many teens like to rebel for the sake of rebelling. Just saying, sometimes if you push too hard, it doesn't work out like you planned.[/quote]

Would it be better just to pray Compline together?

:unsure:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945728' date='Aug 10 2009, 09:14 PM']How come 13 people don't want a chapel in question one, but only ten in question two? Lol.[/quote]

They probably voted that they wouldn't want to keep the Eucharist in their homes. :mellow:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1945531' date='Aug 10 2009, 02:18 PM']I can completely understand why many wouldn't want the responsibility of reserving the most holy Sacrament. It is my thought, though, that there is always a danger of desecration.

If I were ever to reserve the most holy Sacrament in a chapel of mine, I would hide the key to the tabernacle in a place about which no-one else knew. I would also have a large and sturdy door like the front door to a house (unlike the smaller and easier-to-force-open doors that usually lead to rooms inside one's house). I would keep this door locked except when I or a family member wanted to pray.[/quote]

I know desecrations happen, I just wouldn't want one to happen on my watch.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1945757' date='Aug 10 2009, 07:45 PM']I know desecrations happen, I just wouldn't want one to happen on my watch.[/quote]

That's completely understandable. :)

From my blog, 11/10/2008:

I've decided that I can solve all my problems by doing one of two things:

1) Building a perpetual Adoration chapel as an addition on my house
2) Moving to [BG's city]. They have one a half hour away. (Other perks completely notwithstanding, I swear.)

I'm currently trying to decide which of these options is more practical.

Nihil Obstat

They normally have Perpetual Adoration at the parish about a seven minute drive from me. Except on Thursday the Adoration chapel got hit by a car and is closed indefinitely. :(

When it's repaired though, I should go more often.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1945902' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:44 PM']Except on Thursday the Adoration chapel got hit by a car[/quote]

:blink:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1945920' date='Aug 10 2009, 10:53 PM']:blink:[/quote]
According to the priest, nobody was injured, but I'm sure that there was something rather serious. It was a more elderly woman, so maybe she had a stroke or something.