An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chapels

Resurrexi

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1947619' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:37 PM']"Consecrated hosts, in a quantity sufficient for the needs of the faithful, are to be kept in a pyx or ciborium, and are to be renewed frequently, the older hosts having been duly consumed." (CIC, can. 939)

"Renewal of the Sacred Species. Hosts must always be fresh, and therefore frequently renewed, to avoid danger of danger of decomposition.
The humidity of the climate and the condition of the church determine the frequency of renewal. Hosts should never be consecrated if more than five or six weeks have elapsed from the time they were baked. The greater number of authors teach that, as an ordinary rule the consecrated hosts should be renewed within a period of one month after being baked" (Fr. Heribert Jone, [i]Moral Theology[/i] [Imprimatur: John J. Wright, D.D., Bishop of Pittsburgh], p. 367)[/quote]
Thanks! Curiosity satisfied!

[quote name='He is Risen!' post='1947599' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:28 PM']Thank looks just like the chapel in Clyde, MO where the Benedictines Sisters of Perpetual Adoration (who don't have perpetual adoration :huh: ) are.[/quote]

I'm going to have to visit that chapel the next time I'm in Missouri.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1947647' date='Aug 12 2009, 10:04 PM']Thanks! Curiosity satisfied![/quote]

No problem! :)

VeniteAdoremus

I once accidentally said to our Lord (in my head! not out loud!) that He was a bit stale. :tomato:

I think that was a piece of Adoration host. We don't renew it very often, for some reason we get them from the seminary one at a time.