An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Long Thread To Provide Phatmass Feedback And Suggestions. Thanks.

dUSt

I'll be upgrading the phorum soon, with some cool new features. I don't like the ads on the right so I'm getting rid of them too--they don't work anyway.

I'll also be working on a snazzy new "resource" section for all you apologetics geeks.

I had a few other ideas too, but would like the pham's feedback and suggestions for what YOU would like to see on phatmass.

Apologetics section sounds good. The only problem I have is I still can't get the donate button to work on paypal.

I think every time you spam, you should lose a post count. That would stop spammers dead. Of course, lame board spam would be okay.

Nihil Obstat

Something to do away with spammers would be neat. What about one of those bot detectors when you create an account?

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1948485' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:22 PM']It would be nice if the flood control for the search engine were lowered to thirty seconds.[/quote]

That would be nice... it would also be nice if the search engine showed results as posts rather than topics by default, and allowed words under 4 letters. There are a lot of important words under four letters! But that is a relatively small thing.

and... ummm... the nice sigs again? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

and yeah... something to prevent all the spam. Maybe more moderators at least just for the Prayer Room.

Nihil Obstat

For some reason actually, I have huge problems with the search engine. Literally about 4/5 of the searches I run come up with some kind of error message. :P I'd like if it was easier to use.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1948506' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:46 PM']and... ummm... the nice sigs again? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?[/quote]

I second that.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1948512' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:51 PM']I second that.[/quote]

I would very much like to see these so called "pretty sigs". :mellow:

[quote name='QuoteMan' post='1948517' date='Aug 13 2009, 11:53 PM']I would very much like to see these so called "pretty sigs". :mellow:[/quote]

They were signatures that were easily visible. The words were black rather than gray.

Nihil Obstat

I would be in favour of making the signatures a bit darker, but I'm very much against pictures and dynamic displays embedded in signatures. I like this way very much, and I've seen both.

[quote name='QuoteMan' post='1948517' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:53 PM']I would very much like to see these so called "pretty sigs". :mellow:[/quote]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=56415&st=60"]The Thread of the Awesome Sigs[/url]. Tell me you don't want one.

The nice thing about them was they could be personalized, but there was restricted space... so it wasn't like some forums where you'd have to scroll down two page lengths before you finished with one.