An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Long Thread To Provide Phatmass Feedback And Suggestions. Thanks.

dUSt

Ash Wednesday

Please do not bring back "avatar signatures"

I don't care what people do with the signatures, but if you bring back "pretty signatures" please don't do it at the expense of our avatars. I love our avatars, they are nice and big too.

And thank you for all that you do.

Edited by Ash Wednesday

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1948729' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:28 AM']Please do not bring back "avatar signatures"

I don't care what people do with the signatures, but if you bring back "pretty signatures" please don't do it at the expense of our avatars. I love our avatars, they are nice and big too.

And thank you for all that you do.[/quote]

:yes:

I'd be happy just to have the sigs show up a little darker. As much as I loved the "pretty sigs" I love our avatars more.

I agree with Hughey about more music on the site.

And with the Phorum... is there any way to make Lame Board posts not show up in the "View New Posts" search? :mellow: Or, settings to fiddler out any particular board/boards we're not interested in?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1948506' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:46 AM']and yeah... something to prevent all the spam. Maybe more moderators at least just for the Prayer Room.[/quote]
It's not a matter of moderators, I don't think. It would be nice if the first post or two was moderated when a new member joins, though....

[size=3]BIGGER FONT for the phorum text... [/size]

[quote name='philothea' post='1948738' date='Aug 14 2009, 11:34 AM']And with the Phorum... is there any way to make Lame Board posts not show up in the "View New Posts" search? :mellow: Or, settings to fiddler out any particular board/boards we're not interested in?[/quote]
just because you're a hata' :mellow:

+J.M.J.+
[quote name='Donna' post='1948599' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:20 AM']I'd like
a) be able to better see the sig
b) be able to add a link to sig[/quote]
Donna! :love: and i agree with you!

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1948710' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:44 AM']Could you also make some baby ones that say "another phatmasser to take over the world".[/quote]agreed! i would buy some!

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1948714' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:56 AM']dUSt - i miss music stuff. can we dedicate a bigger area to music? are you still working with any artists? i think the resource center will be awesome. love that. i'd like to see a more consistent blog too. that would be nice. what ever happened to having people write for you?[/quote]
agreed to all of this

[quote name='StColette' post='1948716' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:57 AM']For the Promote Phatmass section, can something be created so that those phatmassers with websites can promote Phatmass. A nice button or whatever it's called. Maybe give a few different options since some websites might be more scholarly and those phatmassers would want something more classic looking.[/quote]
agreed!

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1948736' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:33 AM'][size=7]P.S. Embedding youtube videos would be sweeeeeeet....[/size][/quote]
:smokey:

[quote name='StColette' post='1948716' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:57 AM']For the Promote Phatmass section, can something be created so that those phatmassers with websites can promote Phatmass. A nice button or whatever it's called. Maybe give a few different options since some websites might be more scholarly and those phatmassers would want something more classic looking.[/quote]

I would use that on my blog... :yes:

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

Thank you for your interest in our thoughts. I have a few:

I love that you (Dust) have an Amazon wish list that you make available. I think that is a great way for supporters/readers to support your mission.

Believe it or not, there are more "mature" people who frequent this board. I'm curious if you have considered something for them? (This would include those who are older and discerning religious life past what many American communites hold as an age restriction...)

Have you thought about having a separate subforum (or whatever it is called) for parents/families? That be would be great. I see a lot of parents (new and older) here and it make a great place for sharing resources without bombarding those who don't share the same interest (like "how's your pregnancy going?"). (Also - for home schooling? R)

I don't know if you already do this since I don't think (can't remember! too old!) I have ever posted there, but in the prayer section, I think it would be really nice if whoever posts a prayer request, gets an assurance of prayers from someone - perhaps individual phatmassers could take turns being official "prayer-partners" or something. I know it can often feel horrible when a prayer request is not acknowledged, and some of the prayer requests I have read are very, very sad.

Lots of focus on music; is it possible to have some resources on good, solid Catholic art? (And perhaps even have a venue where phatmassers' can show their art? One group I belong to does a weekly "theme" and invites interested members to participate.)

I think I will have more.

Pax,

TradMom

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1948864' date='Aug 14 2009, 03:06 PM']+J.M.J.+
make a phatmass get-together a reality. :mellow:[/quote]

:yes:

Archaeology cat

CMom, I would buy something for my kid that said "another Phatmasser to take over the world". That would be awesome.